Anovos E-11 Blaster

lomis

What are thoughts on the E-11 blaster that Anovos has made available for pre-order?:
Anovos ---------

It looks decent.

But I'm not quite if it's worth $200 USD...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I'd personally spend a little more and get a finished E-11 from Praetorian Blasters. As an added benefit, you'd get it pretty quickly from Praetorian, unlike Anovos.

Edited by Scimitar

Whilst Anovos mention Tunisia, they don’t seem to specify that it’s based on a Bapty. These were for the Sandtroopers and, to my knowledge, not used by Stormtroopers in ANH. As they don’t seem to cleared state this, but clearly mention ‘Stormtroopers’ in their sales pitch, this could lead to many disappointed TKs when they realise they can’t really use it. :-(

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Whilst Anovos mention Tunisia, they don’t seem to specify that it’s based on a Bapty. These were for the Sandtroopers and, to my knowledge, not used by Stormtroopers in ANH. As they don’t seem to cleared state this, but clearly mention ‘Stormtroopers’ in their sales pitch, this could lead to many disappointed TKs when they realise they can’t really use it. :-(

I do believe the Bapty blaster was used by Stormtroopers on the Death Star, I don't have any screen grabs at the moment but I can find them. 

The bapty was used in the pre production photoshoots, you can see it as the E-11 being held by Han and Leia. 

y7Gu3Qs.jpg

There is a great blaster building Facebook group dedicated to the Bapty blasters (the E-11 and the Dlt-19). Cool history and unique props. https://www.facebook.com/groups/801444749866194/

• Like 1

I do believe the Bapty blaster was used by Stormtroopers on the Death Star, I don't have any screen grabs at the moment but I can find them. 

The bapty was used in the pre production photoshoots, you can see it as the E-11 being held by Han and Leia. 

y7Gu3Qs.jpg&key=d547356dfb55d72ec74f79b777b9232b2f6e898e411b56126fa576f7b8ebf0fd

There is a great blaster building Facebook group dedicated to the Bapty blasters (the E-11 and the Dlt-19). Cool history and unique props. https://www.facebook.com/groups/801444749866194/

Not sure I’ve seen one used by a screen used TK, but always happy to be proved wrong. :-)
  • Like 1

The potos indicate, this Anovos E-11 kit has a good quality.

Being a TK, I would though not go for it because of the following reasons: No ring at the end cap, no charging handle, no selector switch, no muzzle screws, no clearing stripe on the inner bolt and no ejector at the magazine well.

However, it surely is a good base kit for a Sandtrooper's Bapty build - especially because of the chopped receiver tube, type of magazine (open) and the shape of the trigger guard.

Just my 2 cents.