Helmet to armor wiring connectors?

I was wondering how many of you have wires running from the helmet to somewhere on the body, and what kind of connectors you use, and where they are mounted? Do you prefer the front, like in the vicinity of the Hovi tip, or the nape of the neck?I can’t imagine a straight connection would be very user friendly, especially if you need to take the helmet off! 

Thanks

Jennifer

I have a connection for my microphone that I have to connect when I put my helmet on. I ran a cable up under my neckseal and end hangs out next to my cheek. I have a wrangler plug it in after I put helmet on. Unplugging is easy with just taking helmet off.

I am the king of wires but I also like them hidden. That's the reason I sell an entire electrical system all contained in the helmet. If you're interested in knowing more shoot me a message ;)

The only wire I run is for my head set but I wear that on my head, not attached to the helmet, with the wire running up the neck seal.  I also have a fan system mounted inside the helmet but the battery is mounted inside the front between the mic tips.

It's just a case of putting the helmet on, no wires to mess with.

I have a wireless mic and everything else is connected inside the armor.  Before I had the wireless mic, I had a wired mic mounted in the helmet with hovi mic speakers (ended up being too quiet, otherwise fantastic on all levels).  Our guys that have cords generally have one audio cord running up the neck seal to the helmet.  I really love just taking my helmet off and being done.  And putting it on and being done, too.  

Hmmmm.... I was going to go with 3.5mm jacks/plugs since I happen to have a lot, but here’s a brief description. I can probably put at least one power supply in the helmet:

Mic/Speaker system

I mounted the original speaker (Black Series) under the vocoder, and a mic in the helmet. Having an aviation background, I repurposed a portable intercom system and the mic from a broken headset. The intercom is a little bulky (<2x2x4”) so not going in the helmet. It could accept more channels for various “chatter”.

Total wires: 4 pins

Hearing aid:

This works in theory and on the bench...fingers crossed it will apply to real life!

Two mics in each ear, and their power supply fits easily in the helmet. I have left/right/ground going to a mixer (Maker Heart’s Just Mixer) and it could possibly fit in the helmet. I bought a cheap noise-canceling headset with mic, and it would be a simple matter to unplug from the mixer into my phone should I wish to make calls. I could also add another channel for...radio communications? Would only be able to receive though, unless I wanted to route audio out to the intercom with a push-to-talk...(getting ahead of myself here!)

Total wires: 3 that need a connector, and one 3.5mm headset plug 

Fan system:

I have 4 really teeny 5v fans (wired together ) and 2 larger 12v fans (probably CPU fans) also wired together. This requires two different power supplies. I kind of wanted to power the small fans, the mixer, and the headset off a USB battery pack. The armor seems like the best place for that, for accessibility’s sake.

ukswrath - do you have a 12v power supply that would fit in the helmet, and last a reasonable amount of time?

Total wires: 4 (but hopefully can eliminate 2)

I’d like to minimise the connections going to the helmet, so I’m looking at something that has at least 9 pins. DB9 seems clunky to work with and prone to failure if you don’t screw it together...bayonet connectors might work. This is the part i’m having trouble deciding on.

Jennifer