Ab and kidney

I have seen videos, images, read about builds a lot. I am seeing mixed things about a gap (black undersuit showing)on the sides. Is there supposed to be no gap when ab and kidney joined at the sides?

I haven't got to this point yet.  But close, and need the right input.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/snXZawFRYRs49VSA6

A small gap is acceptable for basic approval, and half an inch is O.K. for Expert Infantry.  For Centurion level there is no gap allowed.

XUdtzJA.jpg?1

• Like 1

I have seen videos, images, read about builds a lot. I am seeing mixed things about a gap (black undersuit showing)on the sides. Is there supposed to be no gap when ab and kidney joined at the sides?
I haven't got to this point yet.  But close, and need the right input.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/snXZawFRYRs49VSA6
So the easy way to put it is ideally there is no gap, but depending on your size you may have one. This mostly depends on if you plan to join the 501st and at what level you want to make it. Basic approval you can have some gap, can't recall but think it is a quarter inch, after that you need to add a shim.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

AP armor AB and Kidney plates have 3" extentions on each sides so that you can trim down to your perfect waist size for a seamless accurate look without the need of shims, most will not fit in screen size suits without gaps and the reason I added those features, never had a complain since :)

Mark (AP)

40 minutes ago, Rat said:

So the easy way to put it is ideally there is no gap, but depending on your size you may have one. This mostly depends on if you plan to join the 501st and at what level you want to make it. Basic approval you can have some gap, can't recall but think it is a quarter inch, after that you need to add a shim.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I am not 5' 11" 165lbs.

Looks like shims then.

Thanks.
Unfortunately I am not 5' 11" 165lbs.
Looks like shims then.
I'm about 5'10" and 170-ish and don't need them, but it is a little tight but manageable.

• 4 months later...
On 7/31/2018 at 6:13 PM, aardvark891 said:

How wide are your thigh strips?

I made mine 23mm

I somehow misses this, sorry about that and mine are 20mm

1 hour ago, phil said:

whats your waist size ?   with and without armour

Don’t have a ”with armor” but waist is 39”