Tox's RS build thread

toxication

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

Looking good Martijn, you might want to set the tip screen material back just a bit. Here's some reference photos.

gallery_12157_13_2384034-crop.jpgHovi%20tip.jpg

I stopped yesterday evening since I wasn't 100% sure how far back they should be. Moving them inwards more is the easy part, getting them out would be the difficult part ;)

• Like 1

So... I did this this evening:

IMG_20180814_220535-X4.jpg

Still not 100% happy with the butt plate, but it is a lot better:

IMG_20180814_220439-X4.jpg

Tomorrow I will be finishing sanding the buttons in the right shape and stick those on there, Also really want to tighten the padding in the bucket a bit more, feels too movie for comfort yet. But ... Almost!!!

IMG_20180814_220526-X4.jpg

I do feel massive in this costume btw :)

Oh yeah, also got to finish the ABS hand plates so I can wear the custome with my normal nomex gloves instead of these sweat things :) But that is not needed for approval.

1 minute ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Looks awesome, Tox! I bought the rubber gloves and silicone too, so I can submit pics for centurion, though, I think I’ll settle for basic for now. Wondering if the silicone on the flight gloves may be better.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so far what I have seen is the ABS hand covers on flight gloves, which is going to be my go to thing. The rubber globes came with the kit since it basically is completely ready for centurion.

I am however going for basic approval for now. then I will look into what might need to be done for centurion

On 8/15/2018 at 1:49 AM, Bud Spaklur said:

Again, using the trimmed part of the shin as an inner, lower cover strip since it fits well with the thigh:55ec8dd38da32597a61136fceb27a94d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For my left thigh I have a weird little gap that simply doesn't want to be closed anymore.

For now leaving it like this and going to discuss with one of our ABS guru's here in NL whether he has ideas to shape a piece the right way :)

IMG_20180815_194854-X4.jpg

I do believe it is looking pretty cool :)
IMG_20180815_194843-X4.jpg

Background and scenery is not hte best. But at least here I had some OK light. Crap to make proper photo's when the weather it overcast.

And I had a small mishap while getting suited up. My son handed me my helmet:
IMG_20180815_200959-X4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Had my first few troops in armour the last few weeks, feels very good and comfy.
I do have a few kinks I want to work out.

First and foremost: the elastic straps between chest and back pull out somewhat when wearing the armour and my shoulderbells are attached.
Any suggestions to resolve that?

Secondly: I use a TrAMP, so basically an aker underneath my armor. I prefer wearing my neckseal inside my undersuit, however then you (I guess) see the strap of the tramp in my neck. Any ideas there? Or let me rephrase, how do you peeps do that?

And lastly, the tramp pushes my chestplate out quite a bit, makes it a bit less comfy. Any interesting suggestions how to fix that? I was pondering to somehow work it into the backplate?

• Like 1

Congrats on your first couple of troops. I’m glad you’re feeling good in your armour. :-)

I also have my TRamp around my neck with the supplies strap, however I wear my neck seal over the undersuit. Thankfully, my neck seal seems to stay in place quite well while I troop so neck seal over undersuit (like the movies) works well for me. If you want to stick with it under your undersuit, you could attach your TRamp directly to the inside of your chest plate with (for example) industrial Velcro. Many troopers use this method (with Velcro or strapping of sorts).

If it really affects the position of your chest plate, you could certainly experiment with positioning it in the square part of the back plate. Just get a helper to see (well, hear) if it sounds okay from around the back. I’m guessing it’ll sound okay, but no harm in hanging it around the back for a test run. :-)

10 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Congrats on your first couple of troops. I’m glad you’re feeling good in your armour. :-)

I also have my TRamp around my neck with the supplies strap, however I wear my neck seal over the undersuit. Thankfully, my neck seal seems to stay in place quite well while I troop so neck seal over undersuit (like the movies) works well for me. If you want to stick with it under your undersuit, you could attach your TRamp directly to the inside of your chest plate with (for example) industrial Velcro. Many troopers use this method (with Velcro or strapping of sorts).

If it really affects the position of your chest plate, you could certainly experiment with positioning it in the square part of the back plate. Just get a helper to see (well, hear) if it sounds okay from around the back. I’m guessing it’ll sound okay, but no harm in hanging it around the back for a test run. :-)

I am working on a new neckseal, with velcro to the bib so it stays in position better when worn on top. Didn't think of trapping the tramp to the chest yet. Might experiment with that a bit indeed.

And comfy, well. My first troop was a 10km hike in it, so yeah.. it is well worn in by now :)

• Like 2