I'd make a crappy helmet too!

FOUND THIS ONLINE, NO WONDER THEY PRODUCE CA-CA. WHAT DO THEY EXPECT WHEN THEY TREAT THERE EMPLOYEES LIKE IT.

Defend Mexican Textile Workers

Created Jan 1 2006 - 12:21pm

A group of young, mostly female textile workers in Hidalgo, Mexico have been illegally locked out for protesting their working conditions and their employer's refusal to recognize their collective bargaining agreement. The workers produce Halloween costumes with Warner Brothers logos--such as 'Harry Potter,' 'Lord of the Rings,' and 'Star Wars'--for Rubie's Costume Company of New York City, one of the largest costume companies in the world.

Rubie's workers and their union, the Federacion de Trabajadores Vanguardia Obrera (FTVO), accuse the company of exposing workers to safety hazards, forcing them to take pregnancy tests, and violating child labor laws. In response, Rubie's locked the workers out and has refused to reinstate them.

Workers are demanding that Time Warner suspend business with Rubie's until the company honors the FTVO collective bargaining agreement, creates a support fund to finance under-age workers' education, provides back pay for the time workers were locked out, and commits to following guidelines established by an independent monitoring organization.

The locked-out workers are asking supporters to apply public pressure on Time Warner, the world's largest media conglomerate. Send letters to Time Warner CEO and Chairman Richard D. Parsons by going to www.labourstart.org/cgi-bin/solidarityforever/show_campaign.cgi?c=59 [1]. You can also call Time Warner's corporate headquarters at 212-484-8000.

Just another reason why Rubies = Doo-Doo

All the more reason to not buy from Rubies.

You needed a reason not to? :o

I like all the stories of how the Rubies sales people at conventions say 'other' Stormtrooper armor costs over $5k or something equally as ridiculous. If I even encounter one, I'll have to ask them for a statement about the mistreatment of its factory workers!

"My armor might cost more, but at least no one died to make it!"

But don't you know it is a fact that kids hands can polish the armor way better than and experienced adult. So Don't knock Rubies for trying to bring you the best armor from a deprived country that employs children and pays them 5 pesos a week..Sheesh some people :rolleyes:

You should see the sweat shop Ive got making E-11's, you guys didnt think I was making them did you?