FN1313 Anovos FOTK Build Thread

Nothing better than a BBB, I hope you see yours sooner than later, fingers crossed Anovos comes through

8361332158_fcc47bc336_b.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve got a blaster set on order from Etsy. Seems good quality. I will see how it is and if any mods are needed once I get it. Here is the page: https://www.etsy.com/listing/537606855/f-11d-se-44c-blaster-combo?ref=shop_home_active_3

I will get my gloves and boots from imperialboots.com with their next wave opening in March.

Probably looking at getting the neck seal from Geeky Pinks Phantastic Gaskets (Facebook)

Still investigating undersuit options.

Just now, gmrhodes13 said:

Nothing better than a BBB, I hope you see yours sooner than later, fingers crossed Anovos comes through

8361332158_fcc47bc336_b.jpg

Really hoping this is final and that BBB comes through. I was late, so probably won’t get it in early waves of shipments.

• Like 1

Also to note I’m building a kit for TLJ, small mods from what I see with the codpiece and two grey paint spots on forearms. I also have the TLJ helmet on order from Anovos and it is scheduled to ship in the same window.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FN-1313 said:

Also to note I’m building a kit for TLJ, small mods from what I see with the codpiece and two grey paint spots on forearms. I also have the TLJ helmet on order from Anovos and it is scheduled to ship in the same window.

At this stage a TFA cod is acceptable for basic and L2 approval but this could change depending on availability of that piece, reference material and any CRL changes ;) 

• Like 1

Looking at neck seals and under suits. What are the opinions/recommendations. 

I saw stormtrooperundersuits.com and liked the undersuit, not sure about neckseal though.

https://www.stormtrooperundersuit.com/star-wars-stormtrooper-first-order-magnetic-neck-seal.html

Anovos sells an 11-ribbed one for $60, there are a handful of people here that sell ‘em too.

The undersuit from stormtrooperundersuit.com is the only screen-accurate one AFAIK, so if you have Centurion in your sights keep that in mind. I’ve seen several people comment that the shiny part wears fast.

Edited by Harbinger

Yeah that’s what I thought this neck seal didn’t look 11 rib. I did like the magnet idea. I’d do Anovos but the size I suspect I need is not available.

I heard from Geeky Pinks the recommendation of under armor compression gear and then shiny biker compressions shorts on top. I’m looking into that as well.

Undersuit I use a 2 piece compression pants and top, really comfy and helps keep cool, I use for both OT and FO. If you want to go for centurion you could take my option and get some shiny shorts to wear over the pants, worked for me :D.

I did look at the stormtrooperundersuits.com they are very nice but I have heard a couple of people mention the shinny area has rubbed off in spots, may have just been there's, but for me it was mainly the price and shipping, most things cost a bit shipped to down under but the actual conversion of pounds to Australian made me fall off my chair ;) 

I have an Anovos neckseal and am very happy with it, but it was an early version ;) 

• Like 1

I am currently in full swing building mode for my First Order Armour, I await it’s arrival in the mail but in the mean time I too have been researching undersuits and neck seals. 

My approach thus far has been seeking out the cheaper options (obviously) and here is what I know: 

I have an early model Anovos neck seal which I have owned for four years now, it works great if you can grab one in your size for 59.99. It retains its shiny nature, and it has the 11 ribs needed for a Centurion build. Anovos has great customer service reps and if you fire them a message they will promptly reply and answer any questions regarding Stock and the Shipping Calendar. 

I use my shiny long underwear for my TK build and my Trooping. When my TFO Joint Gaskets arrive I will attach them directly to the long underwear.  You can find Long Underwear or Tight Fitting Sports esc. pants and long sleeved shirt that is made of a shiny, stretchy, comfortable material; durable enough for sowing and modifying. They are not hard to find, my personal set came from a local outdoorsman store outlet. They range anywhere from 20.00-80.00 depending on where you buy from, I advise caution here because there are many many many varieties and many sellers. 

I recently have spoken with the lovely folks down at

sistermargaretsgasketemporium (all one word)

You can look them up on Facebook or Instagram, their Facebook page is preferable because it has a ton of pictures and has all of the pricing listed. Shoot them a message on either social media page and they will supply loads of information on their products. They sell customizable neck seals and customizable undersuits created specifically for whichever Trooper you happen to be making.  I am ordering my Joint Gaskets from them as well, these guys have fantastic reviews, I would highly recommend giving them a search if you haven’t already. 

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 2:03 AM, FN-1313 said:

I’ve got a blaster set on order from Etsy. Seems good quality. I will see how it is and if any mods are needed once I get it. Here is the page: https://www.etsy.com/listing/537606855/f-11d-se-44c-blaster-combo?ref=shop_home_active_3

I will get my gloves and boots from imperialboots.com with their next wave opening in March.

Probably looking at getting the neck seal from Geeky Pinks Phantastic Gaskets (Facebook)

Still investigating undersuit options.

That's from Heston and it is indeed a nice blaster for the price, you get lights and it's fully finished. I have one that I troop with now, and it is SUPER light, very good for trooping. Although it has a fair bit of print lines, but the price and weight make up for it.

I also have boots and gloves from IB, they are great! And also have the undersuit and neckseal from stormtrooperundersuit. The shiny area cracks/frays along the seam right down your crotch area, so it is hidden by cod and buttpiece. It is the undersuit you want for screen accuracy, but do note they are very small in size. I wear a medium everything, ordered a large, but it's super tight, wish i'd ordered an XL.

If you haven't found a vendor for gaskets yet, go with Geeky Pinks and get neckseal and gaskets at the same time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FN-1313 said:

Luckily gaskets come with the Anovos kit. So I will see how those are first. But all this info is great! Thanks!

I actually have done some reviewing for the Anovos Joint Gaskets, and apparently they are just bad. Haha! Not awful, but I heard the shine wears off very quickly, and the material is not stretchy. I heard that the seams begin to crack if you try to tightly fit the Anovos Gaskets to yourself. 

1 hour ago, HellyTK1111 said:

Has anybody here used the Anovos Joint Gaskets? Or does anybody know of a different thread that discussed their quality in detail? 

Are you referring to the rubber?

Most of the Alpha and Beta Anovos armor owners are very familiar. Hot, sweaty, bulky, restrictive, just to name a few. Mine are roughly 2 years old and have cracks all over. Not sure if they (Anovos) has changed their designs from the originals since nobody has the new suit yet. Most FOTK owners probably have a set of fabric gaskets by now for reasons just the opposite of the rubber. Hope this helps  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Most of the Alpha and Beta Anovos armor owners are very familiar. Hot, sweaty, bulky, restrictive, just to name a few. Mine are roughly 2 years old and have cracks all over. Not sure if they (Anovos) has changed their designs from the originals since nobody has the new suit yet. Most FOTK owners probably have a set of fabric gaskets by now for reasons just the opposite of the rubber. Hope this helps  

A newer design would be helpful for sure. As I said I have my own TFO Stormtrooper Armour set (the latest design) in the mail from Anovos. The problem being that they do not yet sell the soft goods (gloves, undersuit, Gaskets, etc). I am going to order my own Gaskets from Sister Margaret’s. I have heard nothing but good things from the reviews of sistermargaretsgasketemporium 

I recall reading somewhere they've changed the gaskets from the alpha/beta kits. I guess we'll find out soon enough when Anovos starts delivering our orders. I'll get a cloth set either way for summertime trooping.

37 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

I recall reading somewhere they've changed the gaskets from the alpha/beta kits. I guess we'll find out soon enough when Anovos starts delivering our orders. I'll get a cloth set either way for summertime trooping.

The alpha kits were pre premiere, the beta were shortly after, I had a beta kit. From what I've seen the gaskets were exactly the same.

As you mentioned who knows what they're shipping now.