Canister for thermal detonator

I have ATA armor, and it does not come with some of the accessories that Anovos includes.  I don't know what I have to buy to complete a thermal detonator, but I know that I do not have the canister, nor the clips to attach to the belt.  Any ideas on where to purchase these?

The canister (assume you have end caps and control panel) is just gray sewer pipe.  

22 hours ago, Harbinger said:

The canister (assume you have end caps and control panel) is just gray sewer pipe. The clips can be bought right here on the forum:

Stupid question maybe, but is this gray PVC pipe?

A gray PVC pipe will work just dandy, Ron.  As long as the printing on it does not show.  If it does, you can always sand it down (important) and spray paint it.  Brien supplied you a link to Tony's (ukswrath) sales thread for the clips/screws.  They are beautifully made and 100% accurate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rzill said:

The canister (assume you have end caps and control panel) is just gray sewer pipe.  

The 'correct' pipe is 2" (actually 60.3mm) UK-spec ABS pipe, which is gray. You can find something similar in the US but it will most likely be black... so you have the choice to import or paint. Testors 1138 is a good match.

3 hours ago, rzill said:

I have a strange question for you, Ron.... are you planning on going for the higher levels (Expert Infantry and Centurion) once you get approved?

On 1/17/2018 at 6:15 PM, justjoseph63 said:

I have a strange question for you, Ron.... are you planning on going for the higher levels (Expert Infantry and Centurion) once you get approved?

No, I am not.  I am likely the dumbest and least skilled person who has ever attempted to build this armor.  I'll be lucky to complete it without it looking more like a Jawa than a Stormtrooper... if I ever do complete it at all.

Another question if anyone is still checking this post.  I could not find gray PVC pipe in anything less than a 15 foot strip, for which I was not going to pay over $20.  I bought the white PVC, and will sand and paint it.  Ukswrath suggests Humbro #5 Admiral Gray gloss for the ab buttons, but a different shade (Testors Gunship gray) for the TD.  They look basically the same, and I thought the TD and ab buttons should match anyway.  Thoughts?

I honestly use Gloss Grey primer on mine. And I build a few for others and they got cleared centurion with it. 

If you really want to match your helmet and ab button, use the same grey you used on them. 

Grey primer??? I've only heard against that. Tgat really would help with painting the matt grey parts on tge R1TK helmet. 

I used glossy grey. Sorry messed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro