Rats first TK build (Anovos)

Rat

Yeah so far I only have my thighs that have needed trimmed down. They were resting about two thirds the way down my kneecaps. My torso is a bit challenging as my chest barely overlaps my ab.

Similar with me. Longer torso proportionally. Plus I’m shorter overall. I ended trimming my shins. Leaving my new thighs as is and I’m probably going to cut the cod and move it up slightly to give a bit of clearance.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Was it really necessary to trim the fronts of the thighs?

It's usually the backs that prevent the thighs from lifting up higher when they dig into your butt. The Anovos thighs have an exaggerated shape at the back so just trimming the back down would allow you to lift them higher on your leg without trimming the front. The best way to determine if the thighs fit is to wear them on their own without wearing the torso and walk around. Sometimes it's a case of adjusting the strapping or trimming out the back of the knees but I would be hesitant to trim the fronts of thighs (never done that even for people 5'6"). 

It's usually the backs that prevent the thighs from lifting up higher when they dig into your butt. The Anovos thighs have an exaggerated shape at the back so just trimming the back down would allow you to lift them higher on your leg without trimming the front. The best way to determine if the thighs fit is to wear them on their own without wearing the torso and walk around. Sometimes it's a case of adjusting the strapping or trimming out the back of the knees but I would be hesitant to trim the fronts of thighs (never done that even for people 5'6"). 
Unfortunately, yes. The peak of the top front was touching my hip bone. The bottoms were sitting about mid knee. I did fit them on their own and with the shins. I found that there was less than an inch between the two with them touching my hip at the front and digging into my butt in the rear.

Unfortunately, yes. The peak of the top front was touching my hip bone. The bottoms were sitting about mid knee. I did fit them on their own and with the shins. I found that there was less than an inch between the two with them touching my hip at the front and digging into my butt in the rear.

Admin: delete please as it is a duplicate.

Unfortunately, yes. The peak of the top front was touching my hip bone. The bottoms were sitting mid knee. I did fit them on their own and with the shins. I found that there was less than an inch between the two with them touching my hip at the front and digging into my butt in the rear.

2 hours ago, Rat said:

digging into my butt in the rear.

No need to trim the whole top, just the offending area. I also think the tops could have been left and they would have overlapped onto your cod plate or you could have pulled them more to the outside so they don't rub. But what's done is done. Just trying to point out ways that could help others who may be reading and in the same situation :)

SV2SQvh.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, THX1978 said:

Anyone reading this and hoping to trim their thighs watch out. I completely ruined the shape of mine by trimming an equal amount off all the way around the top. I ended up getting some new ones. I’m not sure the best way to do it although troop master’s technique seems a better approach than what I did but I can’t say for sure. Just be careful whatever approach you take.

Good luck with your build! I’m surprised you need to trim them with your height. Maybe you have a long torso?

I've trimmed several sets of thighs from different suppliers, almost everyone one was trimmed differently. TM obviously has more experience with his armor. so I don't doubt his technique. Bottom line, whoever's armor you do have take your time, double and triple check as you go.

• Like 1

The left thigh top looks a little bit on the pointy side, I'd be a little concerned with that digging into your groin when lifting your leg. 
It does seem it is but in moving around it doesn't do it. I am thinking I may need to bring the backs down just a bit more though.

• Like 1

So got pictures done and submitted for pre-approval. Well see how it goes.

• Like 1

Good luck Rat, see you on the other side.
Thanks Tony so far seems positive with just a couple of small fixes for down the road.

• Like 1

So unsure how to proceed with trimming this up or what I really need to do. So the right forearm needs trimming for the return edge I guess, but not sure what to do.28e98348c4d4ee8491330fc360f085b4.jpg2500b4c9f6c042beffc79bfe1374cdec.jpga11deddaad1f5ecca61c533aa76395d6.jpg

1 hour ago, Rat said:

So unsure how to proceed with trimming this up or what I really need to do. So the right forearm needs trimming for the return edge I guess, but not sure what to do.

If you mean for movement/comfort I would start to trim like this, using a dremmel with a sanding drum.

TBojxux.jpg

If you mean for movement/comfort I would start to trim like this, using a dremmel with a sanding drum.
TBojxux.jpg
No this was a suggestion from Joseph in my pre-approval thread. Stating evening out the forearms.

4 minutes ago, Rat said:

No this was a suggestion from Joseph in my pre-approval thread. Stating evening out the forearms.

Aha:salute: (meaning I´ll go check^_^)

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

Aha:salute: (meaning I´ll go check)
Hahahaha! The more the merrier Dan.

Well...not to sure what he meant, I can`t really see any return edge to clean up so it`s possible he was talking about evening out the offset...but best to have him answer that 
Yeah that's where I wasn't sure.

Forearm sorted and I believe it should be good now. Also adjusted the drop box, swapped out the lower ear screws and added foam to the left shin59965ae037444943963c97f13f9cdd37.jpg24c2df736b93fd15ea4635d14eca2c02.jpgc57ea1e24e4cb6e721cc4f4542912544.jpg7de4a6d07222dc34bfd3b0ca33213402.jpg