Wook's First Build - ANH Stunt TK (AP)

wook1138

31 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

In that case, I’m very happy to stand corrected. :-)

As you were, Trooper. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I believe you have tube-stripe eagle eyes, Dan.  I think I did mess it up - but I think it is just the front stripe that I would have to redo.  Good catch.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Ah, yes that looks like the templates I had.

8259f17bf73ecd418db69caefe058387.jpg

Not a lot in it, though. The link that Daniel shared appears to possibly have a slightly more uniformed pattern on the template without the ‘lean’ on the final couple of stripes.

I think the trooperbay templates are based on the “Dave M” helmet, the one I’ve pictured. Only subtle differences though. :-)

4 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Ah, yes that looks like the templates I had.

8259f17bf73ecd418db69caefe058387.jpg

Not a lot in it, though. The link that Daniel shared appears to possibly have a slightly more uniformed pattern on the template without the ‘lean’ on the final couple of stripes.

I think the trooperbay templates are based on the “Dave M” helmet, the one I’ve pictured. Only subtle differences though. :-)

Thanks Dan!  Yeah, they look very similar for sure.  Well, I might leave it for now and if it gets mentioned during approval I will alter the first one or two stripes, to get rid of the 'lean'.  

Ah f..., who am I kidding? I'm not going to leave it.

Looking at the templets I would say Dan is in the right, photos in different angles and on a curved surface at that have a way of fooling your eyes  - and....a bit contradictory to what I just said about "fooling eyes" but I would say that the pic Dan provided last is spot on - good call Dan:salute: and lastly, yes the templets I referd is less "bendy":)

• Like 1

Painted the hobo mics. Yeah, auto correct used hobo instead of hovi. Anyway, too much white or ok?

Before
e1d7de8d6f5743cea2012840b41279aa.jpg

After
cc39e55f5c17e09e0a97d7b08a0217f8.jpg

Personally, I hate the way they look with the white. Isn’t this prop wear and tear? Oh well, I’m sure it will be a Centurion requirement soon enough if it isn’t already.

All that’s mentioned in the CRL is that the hovi tips are black/or painted black. I got called on the inside needed to be white and I only had some minor white around the edges (less from how yours look) I think it looks good with some wear and tear and if you’re not happy with ut I think you could tone it down a bit for EIB and if mentioned it’s an easy fix for when it’s time for Centurion. :duim: 

All that’s mentioned in the CRL is that the hovi tips are black/or painted black. I got called on the inside needed to be white and I only had some minor white around the edges (less from how yours look) I think it looks good with some wear and tear and if you’re not happy with ut I think you could tone it down a bit for EIB and if mentioned it’s an easy fix for when it’s time for Centurion. :duim: 

I guess hate is a strong word. I like wear and tear and weathering. I would like to weather the whole thing, but from what I understand that is not approved at higher levels. I just find it weird that we can weather this one part - and possibly the canvas belt, but that is it.

4 hours ago, troopermaster said:

The stencils have been applied to the wrong side in this case.

Thanks Paul.  Yeah, that is the consensus here too.    I'm now trying to figure out if I have to redo the whole thing or just alter the front few stripes to make it look better. 

4 hours ago, troopermaster said:

The stencils have been applied to the wrong side in this case.

32 minutes ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Wook- how would you alter the first few stripes? I see that after the first 3, the remaining stripes all seem to go in a straight angle; it’s just those first 3 that seem to have a weird angle. Would you scrape the first three off and hand paint? 

Pretty much. I have extra stencils. I would just remove 2 or 3 and then try to place the correct stripe stencils on the correct sides. They won’t line up perfectly so I will angle the stencils and do a little hand painting to adjust. 

Hi all- in looking at the back of my bicep, I’m a little nervous in that I trimmed away too much return edge:
90e09bb04cc758d4afed17fc90c6ec5d.jpg2332fad3e28eeab71f3837ad65afc87b.jpg

Can you let me know if I screwed this ip royally or if it’s supposed to be this way?

Also, for this piece of the bicep, I basically trim to this red line and leave a smooth return edge, right?
45ed67df652fa6157960b157810a2032.jpg

I have no return edges on any of my arm parts.
b543ab19033983ac78404c1423d0949a.jpg

Hi all- in looking at the back of my bicep, I’m a little nervous in that I trimmed away too much return edge:
90e09bb04cc758d4afed17fc90c6ec5d.jpg2332fad3e28eeab71f3837ad65afc87b.jpg

Can you let me know if I screwed this ip royally or if it’s supposed to be this way?

Also, for this piece of the bicep, I basically trim to this red line and leave a smooth return edge, right?
45ed67df652fa6157960b157810a2032.jpg

Don’t panic, mate. The return edge is not compulsory, just adds a look of thickness to the armour.

Here’s some shots of the RS Prop Masters arms (screen used if I understand correctly). As you’ll see, hardly any return.

6ade654c5cd6762577e3120af515b965.jpg

d4cfc28ee3da1b180b70063ca2c0d84b.jpg

Check out the gallery if you want to put your mind at rest. :-)

Ok- that’s what Frank had said too. I accidentally posted this inyour thread. Sorry.

Ha ha. No worries. I find that easy to do with Tapatalk.

• Like 1

I feel like I hijacked his build thread. I deleted out my original posting.

I was only being silly, mate. It’s easy to do on Tapatalk. It was a perfectly valid question anyway - no harm done. :-)

Just the one hole at the bottom. I did some minor trimming and sanding on the ears. I did trim the brow, but only to straighten it (it was lower on one side). I haven’t checked with the brow trim on yet to see how it fits. I really need to finish that helmet.

I was sanding and sanding and couldn’t get it to sit flush. I think Mark commented on my build about it. Was your brow lower on the right side? If you look at my helmet, the rubber sits a little low, although if you look at this image of the opening scene in ANH, you got low brows (yellow) and crooked brows (green arrow).
tJFxaqQ.jpg

Yeah, the right side of the brow was a bit low. The brows are all over the place in the movie. The hero helmets were low, the stunt helmets were everywhere. I like the higher brow but I think the accepted is straight across and a few mm above the eyes.

Yeah, the right side of the brow was a bit low. The brows are all over the place in the movie. The hero helmets were low, the stunt helmets were everywhere. I like the higher brow but I think the accepted is straight across and a few mm above the eyes.

Ps. The yellow looks like a hero helmet.

Sewing and fitting. I finally convinced my wife to do some sewing for me. I don’t sew and apparently our sewing machine is temperamental. We made the belt for the thigh garter and sewed the elastic loops. The shoulder straps were also sewed and snaps added. Sewed on the sew-on snaps for the shoulder bells.

Fitting for the thigh garter. The thighs may be a bit high in the pic compared to where I want them.
38008edcf0d50a8acc6353e426ac658e.jpg

Garter
8547e0af2350db9d5e4cebe006a43d8c.jpg

Sewing the sew-on snaps. I’m gonna owe her big time for this.
50af486832f3e44e7b67c56e05ff6367.jpg

Positioning the snaps. 35mm from the edge and as close to the front as possible.
f3c5062e5c0ae10db144da115e2cb9eb.jpg

Final fit check for the arms. Ignore the black series helmet - I’m still not done my bucket. My bicep was rotated a bit in this pic - partly fixed it for the other pics.878b0c8c3c3daf011ce560fdc9338dcd.jpg

d5481b3ad116aef3dc32da5fc82a6d85.jpg

1c26995e733d55eae114090aeb8b3bf6.jpg

Edited by wook1138
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, wook1138 said:

I would like to weather the whole thing, but from what I understand that is not approved at higher levels.

You can weather it - just not "Sandtrooper-style" here`s a great example on what you can to and still reach Centurion. (shout out to T-Jay):jc_doublethumbup:

6 hours ago, wook1138 said:

You can have a raised brow like the Trooper in the front, just not "sandtrooper-style" (too high).

6 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Ps. The yellow looks like a hero helmet.

Yes first one is:duim:

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Looks great, Wook. I think when I ask my wife to do some sewing, she’ll punch me in the neck.

Thanks!  I'm pretty happy with how its coming together.  Yeah, the sewing is a couple hours of time out of my wife's life that I will likely be paying for for years to come.