Thigh height help

Hello all. I am in the process of fine tuning my body fit, and I have discovered that my thighs are MUCH too long, after I have already assembled them.

I need some help in how to proceed. I imagine the next step is to cut the top of the thighs off until it looks the same as the height in the CRL (approximately 3 inches from what I can see). But if I trim the top of the thigh off, I will lose the return edge. Doe the top of the thigh require a return edge for EIB/Centurion? Should I do something else? Pic attached for reference.

GzDdZnm.jpg

You really need some room to be able to walk and move. A great tutorial on replacing return edges https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12972-howto-make-a-return-edge-on-armor-using-a-heat-sealing-iron/

A return edge is not a requirement. But is nice if it's there to create illusion of thickness. I have no return edge on my thighs and reached Centurion. Return edges are nice but can trash an undersuit quick if they have one rough edge. So be sure to sand edge smooth as much as possible.

• Like 1

Randy is absolutely right about the return edge on the thigh tops.  They are not a requirement for any level, and can not only shred your undersuit, but they can chafe the holy bejeezus out of your, uh.. let's just say "bathing suit" area, lol.  Below is a photo of a set of screen used thighs.  Notice no return edge.

5NHq1HI.jpg?2

If you were just standing there like a mannequin, you would look perfect. I love seeing little to no undersuit showing at the knees and thighs.

However, since you no doubt expect to be able to walk and stuff (lol), you'll need to trim the tops of the thighs to give you room to actually move. I would take it slow - perhaps an inch at a time until you find a good balance. Know that you'll never do parkour in armor, but you should at least be able to walk comfortably and make your way up and down a staircase.

As for return edges, they are nice but not required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk