I Ain't Got Time to Bleed!

Hello All!

Fresh hot-off-the-press TK/Future HWT from Miami, FL. 

Went to my first armor party this past weekend.  I picked up a bunch of excellent tips and met a great bunch of fellow troopers!

I'll be doing my first troop this Saturday at Marlins Baseball Stadium Star Wars night.  I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks to this forum and to you guys for helping me get here.  I've really enjoyed the journey thus far!

TK99427

FU87j6n.jpg?1

• Like 1

SERGIOOOOOO!  You did it, brother, and congrats on your basic approval!!  No matter how many troops you do, your first one will always stick in your memory.  Great to hear that you have hooked up with your fellow Everglades Squad unit and that they have been a big help.  David A. (one of out Imperial Attaches for the ES) is also signed up for that troop, and I am going to have him get in touch with you to help out.  Here is a thread that may help:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39382-your-first-troop-a-few-tips/

(As Tony mentioned, you really need to give that HWT armor some "dirty love"....:duim:

NO MUD!  No offense, but we aren't Sandies, LOL.  I'm gonna send you the supplies to make that armor look like it's supposed to.

14 minutes ago, Ragtooth said:

Lmao!!  I'm getting the sense that the "Sandies" definitely have an issue with anyone else wearing a pauldron. 

I think a sandy made this:

OMsgWsd.jpg

Lmao!!!

The funny thing is that absolutely no one else outside of the 501st gives a crap!  It just all looks "cool" to the kids, etc that we're doing this for! Leave it to us to stress about the little things! Lol. 

• Like 2

Lol!yeah Sandy's can be dry. :P

A Ball game is a great first troop to say the least. Go big or go home, right?

Once you get some battle wear on you the Sandy's will come around. Between us cause no one is reading this. They actually hate us cause they ain't us. But just keep that between us.

Just kidding Dirty boys!

Or ain't I?:laugh1:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I think a sandy made this:

OMsgWsd.jpg

LOVE that photo, Glen.  Did you notice the only ones NOT wearing a pauldron are the two "HWTS"(?) at the top right?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ragtooth said:

Lmao!!  I'm getting the sense that the "Sandies" definitely have an issue with anyone else wearing a pauldron.  

I got a few friendly sneers when I busted out the HWT gear at the armor party. Love it!!

They can sneer all they want, lol.  It is a  required part of our armor!

On 9/25/2017 at 6:06 PM, justjoseph63 said:

SERGIOOOOOO!  You did it, brother, and congrats on your basic approval!!  No matter how many troops you do, your first one will always stick in your memory.  Great to hear that you have hooked up with your fellow Everglades Squad unit and that they have been a big help.  David A. (one of out Imperial Attaches for the ES) is also signed up for that troop, and I am going to have him get in touch with you to help out.  Here is a thread that may help:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/39382-your-first-troop-a-few-tips/

(As Tony mentioned, you really need to give that HWT armor some "dirty love"....:duim:

Thanks for the link and tips!  

BTW, the page for link to the emergency supplies isn't active.  I assembled a few supplies that I think will cover some basic issues for me and others:

- Scissors

- White gaffers tape

- CA Glue and accelerant

- Needles and white/black threads

- E6000 (slow to cure but what the heck)

- Clamps

- Assorted Velcro pieces 

- Sandpaper (to sand in case something needs to be cut)

- Gerber Multi-tool

Let me know if you can think of something else.