ukswrath

On 10/7/2017 at 6:45 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

Ok looks like whoever is in the LFL prop department must have a share in a torch company, everything is getting one these days ;)

Or, they just want to make them harder for fans to build...that's a lot of little detail on that puppy.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Something weird around the holster from the trailer, could still be a SC-44 but there is also a black area below.

I've added a blaster over the top of this image for rough reference

2SnqrFr.png

h7K32a3.png

Doesn't look like the torch from TFA either so perhaps something new?

1V9RrUJ.jpg

Certainly looks more black than a standard SE-44C.

We known the new armour still has the standard holster bracket so it will be interesting to see what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...

After those images I shared of the FOTK thigh/holster surfaced I’ve been wondering whether they have a standard FO style holster attachment like this...96d404520cf4a7a29f65e6f379c9faa7.jpg

yeah, the CRL posted her confuses me since its for the executioner and I am trying to figure out the whole mesh in the frown deal. BSP didn't put mesh in the teeth cutouts so im kind of up a creek CRL wise and I dont want to cut the teeth out. 

Oh well the good news there is that the TLJTK and TLJTK Exec use the same helmet.  so the frown is the same on both.   Only diff is the executioner has hte matte black stripe and what appears to be matte black teeth.  but the mesh is hte same as TFA and TLJ.  hope that helps. 

• Like 1

It does help. It was just confusing reading this thread and seeing EX discussions instead of stuff about a plain Jane TK

im just stuck on the whole frown mesh thing still and hopefully my GML

will get an answer after the movie of the mesh of the screen used buckets is actually cut out or cast into the helmet since the CRL line about the frown mesh was interpreted by him to have the teeth cut out and mesh installed behind. 

Well, the TLJ & TLJ-Executioner are the same armor, the only difference is paint.  Can you post a pix. 

For the mesh, what we're saying is that the mesh is behind the teeth. The CRL makes no mention of whether it is cast in or not.  As long as it looks correct, it should be OK.

Hi Joe,  i did a quick search on Google for 2mm Hexagonal hole Mesh sheets and found a few vendors that sell the product.

one in UK sells it for 1.99.   We just need to measure the size of the mesh currently in our helmets and can order the correct one.

I also like your idea about cutting out the area between the teeth then install this mesh for the extra cooling and breath-ability as in the OT helmets have. 

Though i just dont know if well every get that approved but maybe someone else can comment.  

Here is a link to the Mesh that i was looking at;  2mm looks right, 

http://www.themeshcompany.com/

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

27 minutes ago, First0rder said:

Hi Joe,  i did a quick search on Google for 2mm Hexagonal hole Mesh sheets and found a few vendors that sell the product.

one in UK sells it for 1.99.   We just need to measure the size of the mesh currently in our helmets and can order the correct one.

I also like your idea about cutting out the area between the teeth then install this mesh for the extra cooling and breath-ability as in the OT helmets have. 

Though i just dont know if well every get that approved but maybe someone else can comment.  

As Paul stated as long as it has the mesh between the teeth there shouldn't be an issue. If one decides to hollow out between the teeth and install the mesh than whatever however, I suggest speaker cloth behind that to obstruct the wear's face from view.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

As Paul stated as long as it has the mesh between the teeth there shouldn't be an issue. If one decides to hollow out between the teeth and install the mesh than whatever however, I suggest speaker cloth behind that to obstruct the wear's face from view.

+1.  We should probably put this in a TIP.  If someone wants to do this as a tutorial, we'll sticky it for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daetrin said:

+1.  We should probably put this in a TIP.  If someone wants to do this as a tutorial, we'll sticky it for sure.

Humm! I have three helmets either in hand or on the way, I may have to try this out. My mother did tell me I could never leave well enough alone lol

43 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Humm! I have three helmets either in hand or on the way, I may have to try this out. My mother did tell me I could never leave well enough alone lol

That is a great idea!!!!  I especially like the idea about putting speaker cloth or such behind to obscure the user.  Thus allowing us to breath through the medium as well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, First0rder said:

Here is a link to the Mesh that i was looking at;  2mm looks right, 

http://www.themeshcompany.com/products/Hexagonal-Mild-Steel-Perforated-Mesh.html

you sir are a genius!

check this out

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1168707

a script that can generate a hex mesh for 3D printing. Might be cheaper than a $50 +shipping from the UK. I just set it up to generate a strip 100mm x 15mm with 2mm hex. But it seems like its going to take forever to render so I can save it as an STL

Edited by TheDon

10 hours ago, ukswrath said:

BTW chaps I bought a foot square of the mesh being mentioned above in anticipation of what may come. I'd be happy to sell some 

Wait what!!!  How the heck did you get that so fast?????  Amazon? 

did you choose the 2mm?  

Edited by First0rder

1 hour ago, First0rder said:

Wait what!!!  How the heck did you get that so fast?????  Amazon? 

did you choose the 2mm?  

lol, ordered it 2 months ago after receiving the Backstage Props lid which came without the mesh between the teeth.

Amazon exclusive 6" figure, looks like there is an extended baton in the accessories

aTyfgUJ.jpg

Amazon exclusive 6" figure, looks like there is an extended baton in the accessories

aTyfgUJ.jpg

It’s actually a support for the BFG

I’m sure it could still be used to whack someone though