Can anyone update this for me?

TK19812

Would also know how to fix the Unit Affiliation in the 501st Database.  It shows me as Retired in the FISD, and I'm not even close to that. :)

I received a msg saying this is a difficult process, very time consuming so that's why they only do it once a year around election time. Mine should have been done in Feb. 2017 but it was not done. Maybe Feb 2018. Good Luck Cricket. 

I remember some one, possible Deatrin, ran a process that bulk updated them all just before the last election. It's not important outside of election time if memory serves, just means you'll be allowed to vote for FISD CO changes.

14 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I remember some one, possible Deatrin, ran a process that bulk updated them all just before the last election. It's not important outside of election time if memory serves, just means you'll be allowed to vote for FISD CO changes.

Yes I already spoke to him thanks.

Edited by TK19812

• 4 months later...

So as per the newsletter I see we are still having issues getting this updated. I wish I had the computer experience to take this over for you guys? Going on 2 years as a member still not showing as approved in the detachment. 

Hmm. Well, I would check after the bulk update is supposed to occur and if your affiliation still is incorrect then post here and the DO or someone else with access would have to fix it manually. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Just now, Harbinger said:

Hmm. Well, I would check after the bulk update is supposed to occur and if your affiliation still is incorrect then post here and the DO or someone else with access would have to fix it manually. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Ok I’ll try that

I'm also still having this issue with my FISD detachment as showing "retired" in the 501st database.  Like Sean, my email address is the same here as in the 501st forums (and everywhere else for the most part).  

Can anyone let me know when the bulk update is supposed to happen?  Sorry if I missed this info somewhere.  

Edited by Cricket

I'll post a sticky somewhere. Detachment affiliation is only updated once a year before census, via automated process by the Legion web team for FISD.  Detachment affiliation is used by nothing, zero, nada, nowhere else, for no other reason.  This is why we only bother with it annually.

• Like 1

I know. This is what you told me a year ago and it still has not been done. I believe mine will have to be done manually because it keeps getting missed in the bulk. My email address is correct. I know of no other reason why it keeps missing me. Forgive me for sounding frustrated but I am. I know this is a volunteer organization and you and the other staff do a lot, but I feel like this is a request that someone can fix if they just spent 5 minutes trying to fix it instead of telling me how it doesn’t matter. Clearly it matters with elections and I still can’t vote because of this so it does matter. 

I don't know why it's not working either Sean, and that's a question only the Legion web team can answer.  I've been begging the Legion web team for 10 years for a simpler system and has not come to pass either.  I manually updated you so you are unblocked, so that is clear at least.

Oh, and for why we don't simply click "approve" on everyone it's because the web interface for this tool sucks ass.  It can take hours to manually click "approve", even if we don't bother validating if the request was active.  Instead, the Legion web team can bulk approve everyone in seconds, even if we tell them to "approve everyone".

Thank you approving it manually and for taking the time to do it and explain. It is a thankless job I know. Your effort is appreciated sincerley. Thank you again. 

Thanks Sean for understanding & being patient.  I know it's frustrating on your end too.  If after the bulk-update people are still having issues, we'll simply task someone out to do any last onesey's/twoseys' and simply approve everyone.