So what's the problem with ANOVOS armor?

Just curious what everyone here thinks. I'm a newb and just got my first kit. It's an ANOVOS TK. I got it for a pretty good deal and didn't have to wait the 19 thousand months it usually takes. I'm pretty excited about it, and it looks really sharp in person. However, when I had a meet up with a few of the 501st guys in my local squad, they inquired about the armor I'm working on. When I revealed it is ANOVOS, the general response was a grimace and the "Ehhhhhhh" that comes along with the grimace, almost like I made a joke in poor taste right after a tragedy or something.

So what's the deal? The biggest issues I've heard of are that some spots are sort of thin, and that ANOVOS customer service isn't the greatest. Is there something else I should know about this kit? Is the quality bad or something? Or is this general elitism nonsense?

WE FEAR CHANGE!:laugh1:

Just kidding. I don't own it but it's not a bad kit. A few friends have it so I've seen it in hand. It's thin in spots but if tou take care of it you should be fine. Keep eye out for stress cracks in return edges. Another downer is no spare parts. And it would be a good guess that there won't be any offered. So that's not so bad considering you didn't wait for it. 

So just take your time and be sure before you cut. Hope to see you aim for the Advanced Tactics section. A TK looks best when they look like they walked off the screen. Ask any questions. We're here to help.

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

• Like 1

Hey Robert. Randy gave you a good idea of some issues. I know a few guys who have Anovos TKs and the major downsides are it appears to be more prone to cracking then other armors and the lack of replacement parts. Otherwise the armor itself is a nice set of armor. I gotta be honest, it appears to me that more people have their nose turned up to Anovos the company as opposed to their actual product. Anovos has left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths so I think because of this it is also getting the stigma that the product is bad. I've only had one dealing with them and it was buying their Tie Helmet. I had no issues with the company nor the product at this point. So I have no ill will. 

But I would have no fear if I were you. Just take care of your TK and you should be fine.

• Like 1

When people in my garrison saw it they actually quite liked the actual suit, nice detail clean looks etc.  Though as mentioned they thought it might be a bit thin (I suspect a lot is 1mm, and a few bits are 1.5mm).  The parts issue a bit of a pain but there's a couple of useable matches here, though those aren't perfect.

Though there's a fair few here who are less impressed by their customer service, delivery times (and how they seem to be oblivious of delays the day before they annouce one) and attitude to critism (see the officer hat).

Don't worry too much, Robert.  There are hundreds of 501st approved Anovos kits out there that have held up just fine.  As mentioned, there have been a few instances of cracks and such, but well placed "shims" (reinforcements) can prevent those, allowing you to troop to your heart's delight.  One of my sets is an Anovos, and although I really don't use it that much, I have had no problems.

Like anything, a lot depends on how well you build and take care of it.  

Hopefully you will be aiming for Centurion level, which many with that kit have reached.  If you haven't already done so, I suggest checking out Tony's (ukswrath) ANH Anovos build.  Tons of information and hundreds of detailed photos.  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

Here is another thread that may help you get started:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

If we can be of any help, just let us know!

• Like 1

Hey Robert, these guys pretty much nailed it. I have 2 kits from them, a TK and a shadow trooper. They both look great. It is thin and I have a few crack, but once reinforced there have been no issues. I like the kit and the sculpt. You shouldn't have a problem with the kit at all and it is very easy to take it to centurion.

All that being said, their customer service is complete garbage. They send me the wrong item and it was pulling teeth to get it corrected. While they make good stuff I was turned off by their "service".

• Like 2

Have no fear Robert!  I've had my Anovos kit for over a year and I've had no problems at all with it, and I've taken it to Centurion level.  There are also numerous other TK's in my squad with the armor that are happy with it as well.  I also received the same bit of 'attitude' when I initially told people where I purchased my armor from, which happens more than it should unfortunately.  I think you'll see troopers tend to prefer the armor they own, which makes sense.  Another factor (and this is just my opinion) is that when this armor first came out, it was quite a bit cheaper than other makers and obviously that would annoy folks who paid more.  It also opened the door to a lot more TK's joining the ranks.  The vast majority of troopers are happy about this, but you'll always find a few that don't feel the same way.  Anyway, don't worry about anyone giving you a hard time and good luck with your build!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WhiteWalker said:

Have no fear Robert!  I've had my Anovos kit for over a year and I've had no problems at all with it, and I've taken it to Centurion level.  There are also numerous other TK's in my squad with the armor that are happy with it as well.  I also received the same bit of 'attitude' when I initially told people where I purchased my armor from, which happens more than it should unfortunately.  I think you'll see troopers tend to prefer the armor they own, which makes sense.  Another factor (and this is just my opinion) is that when this armor first came out, it was quite a bit cheaper than other makers and obviously that would annoy folks who paid more.  It also opened the door to a lot more TK's joining the ranks.  The vast majority of troopers are happy about this, but you'll always find a few that don't feel the same way.  Anyway, don't worry about anyone giving you a hard time and good luck with your build!

Well stated, Mike!!!