Help - New Recruit - Need Help/Guidance

First off, very excited to join and looking for to my first build.

I am 5'10.5" and weight about 210 to 220.  I am not sure if I am best for a Stormtrooper as I don't fall in the ideal model.  I would appreciate any suggestions on what and where would be some suggestions to go with whether to stick with the TK or possibly look at something else.  I have always been an original TK guy from ANH, however, maybe I need a reality check.

Thanks for any help

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD Ryan!  :smiley-sw013:

If you want to be a Stormtrooper then be one!!  :jc_doublethumbup: There's a couple of different armor providers that make armor to fit bigger troopers so you don't have to deal with shims like some of the other vendors that make the classic fit armor. Always be what you want to be, its your hobby. These forums contain tons of info on anything and everything you could imagine. Feel free to ask all the questions you need theirs plenty of very knowledgeable folks here to assist you. Check this out for armor needs http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Oh yeah I'm 5'-11" 195lbs and that's not stopping me from being a TK.  ;)

Edited by Wodaz

Hey Ryan and welcome to FISD!  You won't have any problem making a TK work for you.  Check out the getting started threads and you will find a ton of info on all of the different armor vendors.  Don't forget that you may be 210-220 lbs but it will all come down to where you carry the weight.  It comes down to your measurements more then just your weight.  Anyway, more then likely you will want to look at AM 2.0, MTK, or AP.  Good luck!

Hello and welcome to the FISD!  :trooper:  I've heard AM and AP armor should fit your frame, so definitely check out the getting started section. Good luck on your journey!

Welcome to the FISD Ryan! It will take you awhile to learn the acronyms. Those are vendors that make armor. You can learn all that and more in the Getting Started section. I'm a bigger Trooper myself and went with RT-MOD for mine. We have Troopers of all sizes so don't let that discourage you. Theirs alot of infomation to check out before picking your armor. It's probably the most important decision you'll make in this Hobby. Just take your time and if a question comes up you can't find the answer just ask. We're here to help. Be sure to check out the Advanced Tactics section after you pick which brand you're going with and see how others have brought them to movie accurate. Good Luck Future Trooper!