TK 20466 Requesting HWT EIB Status [AP] [APPROVED] 2nd

Mandatory Information

• Name = Sarah Bailey
  • TKID = 20466
  • Garrison = Connecticut Garrison
  • Armor = AP Authentic Props
  • Helmet= AP Authentic Props
  • Blaster= SE-14r by Shawn Morgan

501st profile: http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=22318&costumeID=122

Optional

• Height = 5' 8"
  • Weight = 120lb
  • Boots = ImperialBoots
  • Canvas belt = TKittell
  • Hand Plates = AP Authentic Props
  • Neck Seal = Veedox
  • Pouches = Anthony Bailey

Pictures

Front

QcYV9LD.jpg

Right

4JnWklU.jpg

Right Detail

U6MmsM8.jpg

7XTffTc.jpg

m0kZhMr.jpg

Left

tYoohsQ.jpg

Left Detail

OQs7G4x.jpg

BSt6flf.jpg

YhLXO13.jpg

Back

aAiwep2.jpg

daAmw21.jpg

Backpack Closeup

tlG0mNH.jpg

Neckseal

Ue59o5V.jpg

Boots

7sUmm5i.jpg

Ammo Belt Attachment

8dtwKYF.jpg

Sniper Knee

nSxKCvI.jpg

JA7E1fa.jpg

Wrists (lack of return edge)

dQTb2pz.jpg

Internal Strapping

WLL2DJ6.jpg

Butt snaps

uHJimzg.jpg

Cod Rivet

f6UzScs.jpg

Ab Male Snap

nDwLAmm.jpg

White Elastic on Shoulder Bridges

XwvRQoB.jpg

Ab/Kidney Rivets

wNLvtl8.jpg

Weathering Details

NOszRw9.jpg

zlPvvGV.jpg

qj6uxUJ.jpg

lVOOvAk.jpg

akeZKwB.jpg

Belt Face/Pouches

1w8YSdd.jpg

Pauldron

38p0OX4.jpg

Helmet Front

5nZzVZ8.jpg

Mic Tips

WurbNzV.jpg

Ear detailing

dRTeXQC.jpg

S-Trim

I6gT4IR.jpg

Green lenses

4Hn7AJH.jpg

Gloves

xncrV9t.jpg

ODZrMU4.jpg

SE-14r

YlhMvmE.jpg

Backwards Scope (as depicted in promotional shots of ANH)

hTxfQgm.jpg

Action

EHU2aMv.jpg

Helmet Off

OD6M2Hx.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to review! =)

As an extra fun bit... when my husband was taking these photos for me outside our apartment, a couple of the workers ran over and asked for selfies with me haha. One asked if I was supposed to be the stormtrooper guy from the Battlefront game... I was quite impressed!

uURbrxT.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good Sarah! Funny how fan's are everywhere. Best of Luck!

Thanks!! We need to troop together sometime :)

Hi Sarah Andrew or myself will be with your shortly. While you're waiting can we get you to post photos of the inside waist belt connections (belt side) and inner thigh ammo belt mounting please.

Thank you

One more sorry, can we get a FULL length action shot photo please. Thanks again

Hi Sarah Andrew or myself will be with your shortly. While you're waiting can we get you to post photos of the inside waist belt connections (belt side) and inner thigh ammo belt mounting please.

Thank you

Thanks Tony! Didn't know that the action shot had to be full length; I'll suit up later this afternoon if the weather holds and get you one :)

Here's the other photos as requested:

Thigh connection from both sides

mYnlkcE.jpg

F6sRyzw.jpg

6fWTilH.jpg

Belt connections

UbzV88d.jpg

VUg1KWl.jpg

Hi Sarah, welcome to you EIB review. Thank you for your application. Let's get started. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All the required submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Great to see another HWT. Welcome and congratulations!    :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. Since this section is used to enhance to overall look of your armor we have a few requests.

1) Starting from the top and working our way down. Beautiful job on your HWT build and weathering except you forgot to weather your pauldron   ;) . I know it looks awesome nice and clean but it need some dirt lol   :duim: . 

Capture.jpg

2) Since we're on the topic of weathering, the beautifully built backpack weathering could use a little refinement. What I mean by that is we see you added paint blotches to simulate dirt or scuff marks but it's inconsistent with the rest of your armor. Our suggestion is to either remove or paint over them, or dirty them giving them a scuffed dirty look.

tlG0mNH.jpg

3) Waist belt too high. The waist belt should either slightly cover the lowest ab buttons or reside just below them. We're suggesting you drop your belt a bit. We also highly recommend you fix this prior to submitting for Centurion, if you planning on submitting. We want you to look as accurate as possible at that level  ;) .

QcYV9LD-crop.jpgEHU2aMv-crop.jpg

Reference photos

gallery_14191_18_314894-crop-crop7.jpg88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpg

4) Thigh halves offset. We were trying to figure out why the upper thigh cover strip was tapered so dramatically then we noticed the lower return edge lines are offset by 1/4"+.  The offset is causing the thigh ammo pack to sit lower on one side of the thigh than the other, among other things. The correction is NOT mandatory but it's suggested you reassemble the thighs to correct the issue. 

zlPvvGVb.jpg

Reference photos

gallery_12157_15_34529b.jpggallery_12157_15_41437.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. We have nothing to add. 

That's it. Excellent job on your build, hope to see you at Centurion.    :jc_doublethumbup:

Thank you SO MUCH Tony for taking the time to review my build!

Good catch on the belt, I hadn't noticed it was up so high.

I'm working on rebuilding my thighs right now as they also sat too big on me, so adjusting the edges should be a simple correction from there.

I'm definitely not satisfied with the weathering on the backpack... I wanted to use charcoal powder throughout but it doesn't show up well on any of the black bits of the backpack. I might try filling in the silver splotches with it, then dry brushing it out to taper the color...

Speaking of weathering, do you feel it's an appropriate amount? Should I add more? Did I overdo it?

I still owe you guys a full-body action shot, and once I've corrected these issues I'll post one to this thread :) In the mean time I'm recovering from a blaster bolt to the hip...

Thanks again! I'll definitely be seeing you guys at Centurion once these issues are remedied :)

• Like 1

Thank you SO MUCH Tony for taking the time to review my build!

Good catch on the belt, I hadn't noticed it was up so high.

I'm working on rebuilding my thighs right now as they also sat too big on me, so adjusting the edges should be a simple correction from there.

I'm definitely not satisfied with the weathering on the backpack... I wanted to use charcoal powder throughout but it doesn't show up well on any of the black bits of the backpack. I might try filling in the silver splotches with it, then dry brushing it out to taper the color...

Speaking of weathering, do you feel it's an appropriate amount? Should I add more? Did I overdo it?

I still owe you guys a full-body action shot, and once I've corrected these issues I'll post one to this thread :) In the mean time I'm recovering from a blaster bolt to the hip...

Thanks again! I'll definitely be seeing you guys at Centurion once these issues are remedied :)

Our pleasure. Weathering, except of the backpack and pauldron as discussed I personally think you have a nice balance. Very nice work :jc_doublethumbup: . 

No worries on the photo you're fine. 

Let us know if we can be of assistance. 

Congratulations Sarah! Those are some easy fixes. For my pack I dry brushed with a dab motion aluminum paint on the obvious edges that would get banged and scratched. Mainly edges of boxes and radio and don't forget edges of pan. I even lightly did trace scratches around radio knobs simulating many years of turning. Again Congratulations and looking foward to you joining the Centurion Ranks.

• Like 1