Which voice comm to choose?

I am looking into the variations on which voice comms to use for my builds and there are a few choices but being new having feedback and some background knowledge would help. I am leaning towards the icomm & acker speaker setup as am not keen on having an app on my phone built into the kit.

Thoughts? ideas? setups?

Thanks

I am looking into the variations on which voice comms to use for my builds and there are a few choices but being new having feedback and some background knowledge would help. I am leaning towards the icomm & acker speaker setup as am not keen on having an app on my phone built into the kit.

Thoughts? ideas? setups?

Thanks

Just a thought, talk to UKswrath. I think he can help you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I made the mistake of buying that system years ago when I first started out.  Tossed it in the trash after my first troop.

I used a Aker 12 watt with an Icomm for a while, but then switched to an Aker 10 watt.  Half the size and it works great.

You're missing some other sellers  ;)

Probably, I've kind of lost track of all of them now and whats stull available and what's not.

edit; maybe it's time some one (ie me) did a full round up post of what's currently an option. Clearly I won't have used or even seen all of them but just a list of options and a basic summary pro/con of each would be helpful.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase

Probably, I've kind of lost track of all of them now and whats stull available and what's not.

edit; maybe it's time some one (ie me) did a full round up post of what's currently an option. Clearly I won't have used or even seen all of them but just a list of options and a basic summary pro/con of each would be helpful.

I compiled a list at www.tktalkie.com/compare a while back. It was recently updated when TRamp updated their unit, but not since the TKTalkie has been offered for sale and the iOS app that is discontinued is still in there. Guess I will update it tonight.

It was compiled from information from vendor websites as well as input from some of the vendors themselves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Edited by lerxstrulz
  • Like 2

I've updated the page at tktalkie.com/compare and also ran across this:

Troop Talk Beta for Android

It's an Android app, however, it's really buggy (it IS a beta, of course) and there is significant lag between the time you talk and when you hear what you've said (it's less than a second, but still very noticeable.)  This is the main reason there has not been an Android app as of yet.  The author of the iOS app tried, I tried, but the audio processing hardware on Android is just plain slow.  You cannot get true, real-time processing.  I tried this new app and could not get any consistent results out of it.  Hopefully Android ups their game on their audio hardware.