The 2017 ANOVOS TK armor feedback thread

Hey guys, I have yet to begin my TK build but have been looking at many options and doing a lot of research. I see that Anovos is taking orders for kits now and just wanted some of your opinions on their armors. I was looking at their standard you build it kit.<br>

I am a first time builder, so I want to get something that's quality and will last a while.<br><br>

Any opinions on Anovos? I have heard that their ABS tears easily. Is this true? I think the armor looks good and I know, with care, will pass for entry into the 501st, but if the quality is inconsistent or shoddy, I'd rather be looking at something else. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Devolv3r

Hi Zac and welcome to FISD! Well there are a large amount of varying opinions of Anovos and their armor. There is a ton of information already documented on the forums. I do not own a set so I can only speak to what I have seen and heard. So far it seems that the armor is not made to last. I have had my set of MTK armor 2.5 years now and it has held up well. I have trooped in it a bunch now. Done the whole walking around for Halloween bit. And just the past weekend finally traveled with it on a plane to Orlando for Celebration. So my armor has gotten some use now. I have not had one issue with the durability of mine. Now in comparison one of my buddies that just went down to Celebration with me has Anovos and his armor is cracking in certain areas and his chest piece is falling apart. He has put it to good use since he has had it but it should not be falling apart like it is. I have heard this numerous times now about Anovos. It will certainly get you into the 501st if built correctly but there is cause for Concern about its durability. Just keep doing your research and you will be able to make a well informed decision on which armor you would like to go with. Good luck!

• Like 2

I have an Anovos TK and TX. It is a little thinner than some, but if you take care of it you should have no problems. I have troops in the TK far more than my TX, but I only have 3 small cracks in the chest piece. 1 in the neck are and 1 on each side in the middle of the "arm" area. I have since added some scrap strips behind those areas and they have been fine. I did that on my TX when I first got it and those cracks have not shown up.

Ā 

With that being said, I would look elsewhere first. They take forever to deliver and are always delaying delivery. But to me the worst strike against them is their customer service. Its the pits. If you have an issue it takes a lot of time and grief to get it straightened out.

Ā 

If you are looking for something in under 6 months look elsewhere. There are plenty of other vetted armorers that you can go with.

Ā 

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Anovos kit is certainly thinner than many of the others available from our vetted armorers, but will hold up if taken care of. Ā You will want to reinforce a lot of areas, as noted above they are prone to cracking/splitting, especially in the neck area. Ā You will also want to ditch the "less than ideal" Velcro strapping system they supply and definitely change out the flimsy canvas belt. Ā Remember as well that replacement pieces are not available. Ā (Not yet, anyway).

There are a lot of great makers listed in this thread: Ā http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/, but read this one as well:Ā http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19329-where-what-and-whom-to-avoid-when-buying/

• Like 1

I've got an Anovos kit and so far only one crack. Granted I don't troop as much as some but the crack is actually in one of the thicker areas of the kit.

Ā 

I suspect a lot of the issue is the Anovos trim lines leave a pretty wide return edge which leads to stress cracks as the armour can't flex. At the recommendation of my CO I reduced mine significantly and have yet to see any cracks.

Ā 

The ABS is quite flexible if allowed to be and so shouldn't crack as easy as a thicker part. How ever their blend can tear and I saw this when trying to use score and snap during my build.

I talked to a bunch of people at Celebration including GMLs and Attaches, and the anecdotal feedback is that the cracking used to be in certain parts such as the shoulder straps, however after 6 months of trooping they are appearing elsewhere now too. Chris - that's an interesting notion about the cause of the problem and the result you are seeing.

Ā 

Can anyone suggest a list of areas that we can put in a poll to see where common parts are? It would be great to get some additional data points.

Ā 

FWIW, I spoke with ANOVOS and their recommendation is to 100% use their support ticket system so they can start capturing data as well and make changes, vs. just contacting via email.

• Like 1

I haven't had any issues with my Anovos armor, but I've only worn it twice. Ā A poll sounds like a great idea so we can compare notes and see which areas are prone to these problems, which could be pinned in the ANH build section. Ā With this information, new folks can reinforce those areas during their build and avoid future issues. Ā Better to be proactive rather than reactive.

I definitely appreciate the feedback guys. I will probably pursue another maker, just based on what I've now heard about their wait times and customer service. <br><br>

And a poll might be a good idea from Anovos owners. It would help to see problem areas and what to be on the look out for concerning weak points in the armor so new builders could be prepared.<br><br>

TM, ATA and RS may be the next place I look. If you guys have any more warnings or advice, I'd love to hear it.