Let me see some helmet builds (looking at inside ideas)

Gizamoe

You can't go wrong with one of Tony's cooling fan kits, Stephen.  He makes so many gizmos to go in your bucket that you may not have room for your head, LOL!

As for cushions, I started out using 1 inch thick chair foam (available at any fabric store) covered in black cloth on the sides and top.  I found that I had to remove the top part, though, as it made my helmet ride too far up, so I was constantly tilting it forward just to be able to see.  Since my head doesn't touch the top anyway, I got rid of it.  It also gives you more room for electronics!

What I ended up with was a 1 inch thick piece of foam 3 inches wide cut to a horseshoe shape, which runs from ear to ear.  I covered it with black cotton fabric and it is attached to the bucket with Velcro strips.  It works like a charm, and being removable, I can remove it for cleaning.

I recommend for the build itself watching the videos from a guy over at Stormtrooper Ranch:

His builds are top quality, and he provides a lot of tips in the videos to make the process itself easy. 

For the inside of the helmet, I was planning on adding either a star shaped piece of foam or helmet padding from a military surplus store.

I recommend for the build itself watching the videos from a guy over at Stormtrooper Ranch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMCJh9Wm2A

His builds are top quality, and he provides a lot of tips in the videos to make the process itself easy.

For the inside of the helmet, I was planning on adding either a star shaped piece of foam or helmet padding from a military surplus store.

That's a great tutorial series, Cameron! I'm gonna use some of the tips fto r my build I think. If you have the Latest run of AM armor, you can probably skip the first two vids involving joining the cap and back as AM helmets now come with the single cap and back piece.

As of ideas of the inside, I was going to plasticoat the inside black, but now I may not. Still need to put mine together to figure the it where stuff will go. ;)

That's a great tutorial series, Cameron! I'm gonna use some of the tips fto r my build I think. If you have the Latest run of AM armor, you can probably skip the first two vids involving joining the cap and back as AM helmets now come with the single cap and back piece.

As of ideas of the inside, I was going to plasticoat the inside black, but now I may not. Still need to put mine together to figure the it where stuff will go. ;)

Actually, I just ordered a AM 4.0 Helmet, as the seam on my current one, coupled with my horrible painting skills, led me to a new one. When I asked for experts on the subject, I was referred to the guy in the video. His last few videos, on the ANH Stunt AM 4.0 Helmet, are actually of my helmet being built! It arrives tomorrow, will definitely let you know how it goes!

Actually, I just ordered a AM 4.0 Helmet, as the seam on my current one, coupled with my horrible painting skills, led me to a new one. When I asked for experts on the subject, I was referred to the guy in the video. His last few videos, on the ANH Stunt AM 4.0 Helmet, are actually of my helmet being built! It arrives tomorrow, will definitely let you know how it goes!

Cool, didn't see the 4.0 videos. Checking them out now.

Mine arrived today!

vAK26xm.jpg

The padding is nice, but I had to remove it to adjust for my tall head. It was only attached with velcro thankfully. I plan on adding some sort of thing layer over the dome of the helmet, and a U-shape on the sides and the back of foam to prevent it from twisting. 

• 11 months later...

That’s mine, you can find my build trade here on fisd

Inside you can see

Fans by Troopacoola(Facebook)

Powerbank by Ravpower 6700mAh

Mic by Aker MR 1506

Pads by Amazon

Frown by Trooperbay

Paint by Plastidip(5 coat)

Tube by Vacuum cleaner(hardware store)

c15af23917b4e223ccea2818b793ab95.jpg

169683c017609f5ee658202529d0bc6e.jpg

7c02bdcf0e036a78384c24999d584cf7.jpg

68c32603185f7093816943cc0d615438.jpg

545d93b3220c9ce9d35fdc1c388b4b5a.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
That’s mine, you can find my build trade here on fisd
Inside you can see
Fans by Troopacoola(Facebook)
Powerbank by Ravpower 6700mAh
Mic by Aker MR 1506
Pads by Amazon
Frown by Trooperbay
Paint by Plastidip(5 coat)
Tube by Vacuum cleaner(hardware store)

c15af23917b4e223ccea2818b793ab95.jpg

169683c017609f5ee658202529d0bc6e.jpg

7c02bdcf0e036a78384c24999d584cf7.jpg

68c32603185f7093816943cc0d615438.jpg

545d93b3220c9ce9d35fdc1c388b4b5a.jpg

Your bucket looks nice !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I kinda' went overboard on my HWT bucket.  I based it on the "real" TK helmet, (first pic) and incorporated the fans into the "earpieces" and the batteries into the side compartments.  The entire inside is lined in craft foam...I wasn't sure if it would take up too much room, but it worked out well.

hqF4UEq.jpg?2                           

---------

eFr3zm8.jpg?1  

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

I kinda' went overboard on my HWT bucket.  I based it on the "real" TK helmet, (first pic) and incorporated the fans into the "earpieces" and the batteries into the side compartments.  The entire inside is lined in craft foam...I wasn't sure if it would take up too much room, but it worked out well.

You can get all that in there AND your head? I'm impressed.

11 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Joseph this is just awesome

• Like 1

I'm looking to put my fans in front like what I've seen here.  The problem is that the fans have a flat surface and the inside of the helmet is all curves and rounded surfaces.  My fans from Henry Ford came with velcro, but with the different surfaces, there's not much contact.  What did others do for mounting your fans?  I've got a big noggin', so a mount like Joseph's isn't going to work for me!

I'm looking to put my fans in front like what I've seen here.  The problem is that the fans have a flat surface and the inside of the helmet is all curves and rounded surfaces.  My fans from Henry Ford came with velcro, but with the different surfaces, there's not much contact.  What did others do for mounting your fans?  I've got a big noggin', so a mount like Joseph's isn't going to work for me!

For the switch and the powerbank I made a flat base with epoxy tixo filler, for the fan, I put the velcro near the screw of the hovi mic, but my choice is only for the size of my head, if you prefer, you can put on the 2 sides, near the screw of the ears, there is a point where the surface is quite flat

hqF4UEq.jpg?2                            xU8FHDM.jpg?1

eFr3zm8.jpg?1  MZ5fHaw.jpg?1

Just Wow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk