Help me Identify my Armor

i bought this back in early 2002 or late 2001 in Hong Kong.

I was told it is an ANH kit. now i know what ANH means, but what make is the armor? i was under the impression that AP and TE didnt exist back than. I only started hearing about it in 2005, and didnt see any till the rose parade.

so... here area few shots of key points of the armor. There are a few otehrs in my garrison with TE1 and AP armor. the ab plates of both are way different from mine. some have the line around the middle plate more defined, raised or embedded.

so any help you guys/girls can give would rock.

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

the helmet had nasty warp in it. took it out with a hairdryer. took FOREVER to assemble it, and the neck hole is really really small.

storm35.jpg

GF suit? This was mine, and the ab looks very similar to me.

Maybe someone else can help, did the ANH gf suits have a canadian coin imprint or was it just his first, AFX-style suits?

Phil

i thuoght that was the AFX. i had one of those i think at one point. the coin was in the bucket, right?

no, the coin was used to create the circle in the middle of the belt. The imprint was visible from the inside.

I'm not familiar with some of the old-school tells from GF. I actually got my GF suit already assembled by TE, so I'm not 100% sure how it compares to a vintage GF suit or if TE made any other mods to mine.

I'm sure one of our more knowledgeable guys will pop on here and sort it out :)

Phil

coudl it be a CRP suit?

It's not a CRP suit, sorry.

I'm almost positive that is a GF helmet. I'd need more pictures of the armor details to call it, but it's probably GF as well.

Thats an early GF. The buttons are just missing on the belt cause you didnt put them on.

Mike A? damn, you're everywhere dude! :)

early GF huh. anyone else have one? and no i havnt gotten aroudn to cutting those out yet. how rare are these if rare at all? when were they made?

Yep its me, and yes I am everywhere, much to my dismay... :) I just keep joining new boards....

Not sure how rare it is, but definitely an early work. Probably 2000-2003 me thinks. I am no expert though on the GF lineage.

Yep its me, and yes I am everywhere, much to my dismay... :) I just keep joining new boards....

Not sure how rare it is, but definitely an early work. Probably 2000-2003 me thinks. I am no expert though on the GF lineage.

well for one thing it WAS VERY VERY SHINEY before i sandie'd it up. almost a shame... but def a big departure from the MFX version

AP's use a different faceplate to the GF. I've noticed AP's armour has changed in the last little while eg. chest plate. So there will be minor differences there too. But its deffinately a GF.

well, its settled than.

does anyone still have these? or rather does anyone still troop in one of these, or is everyone gravitating towards TE2?

and if this next question is in the wrong area, let me know. but WHY was the GT/FX kit made huge compared to this one. it fits like a damn glove, and don't knwo why i waited 8 years to put it together.

• 2 weeks later...
well, its settled than.

does anyone still have these? or rather does anyone still troop in one of these, or is everyone gravitating towards TE2?

and if this next question is in the wrong area, let me know. but WHY was the GT/FX kit made huge compared to this one. it fits like a damn glove, and don't knwo why i waited 8 years to put it together.

I have a 2002 GF.. I just picked up. I had been living on a mannequin. I almost have it re strapped and will be trooping it.

And your right it fits like a glove.

Kris