How to: attach your pack to the top of your tote (and other tote upgrades)

When transporting my tote, I usually wear my pack to the event dressing area, but with the rifle case/sling it becomes awkward to try and carry it all, so I've come up with this simple way to attach the pack to the top of the tote.  Then all you need to do is carry the rifle while wheeling your tote!

I simply added a couple of clasps to the side/front of the tote, and then use the mating connectors from the pack to clip the pack to the tote.

Hopefully this will be of use to others.

B638B279-A862-4E34-B0EE-731C86F5AFCA.jpg

B94F5103-E477-4A49-B6FC-25533FE82763.jpg

FA259099-E338-4110-B684-BB7BF28FA932.jpg

For storage during non-use, I added a little velcro to the clasps on the tote to keep them from banging around.

0BC86D3E-1F81-44FD-AA7D-89DA0AA4EBAC.jpg

I've also added some padding to the inside of the tote since I like to keep things clean and un-scratched.

In my quest to be able to dress myself, I've also added a couple of loops to the inside top of the tote to temporarily hold the arms and the E-11 (on those TK days).

351BB5F7-E97B-4597-A80B-9864A1BF92F7.jpg

41A10401-06D8-485F-AEBB-A14C833BD2DA.jpg

47887AA9-2E81-4489-B500-E2ACA7774605.jpg

I used industrial spray adhesive to attach the fleece to the foam.

CF657E75-4CF3-4B06-A521-CB6736B8A1EC.jpg

1BA8DB3E-B086-4E58-B758-B68B68E82252.jpg
Edited by SheaJeff
  • Like 1

I also added a handle to the back side for something to grab when someone is helping me haul it up stairs.  (I put a big wide piece of aluminum behind it so give it some surface area so the bolt heads wouldn't pull through)

151A8767-58FD-471F-8ABA-511E1D6FE242.jpg

• Like 1

I also added a handle to the back side for something to grab when someone is helping me haul it up stairs. (I put a big wide piece of aluminum behind it so give it some surface area so the bolt heads wouldn't pull through)

Great idea. Been thinking of a solution.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

AWESOME idea, Shea!  The resourcefulness of the folks on here never ceases to amaze me..  now I have my weekend project!

• Like 1

I also added a handle to the back side for something to grab when someone is helping me haul it up stairs. (I put a big wide piece of aluminum behind it so give it some surface area so the bolt heads wouldn't pull through)

Great idea

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Very cool! Nice work, I like it  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I have a question, I'm assuming this is a HWT pack by the design but If you don't mind me asking, what's this ? 

B638B279-A862-4E34-B0EE-731C86F5AFCA-cro

I would be interested in finding out what this is as well...

Very cool! Nice work, I like it  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I have a question, I'm assuming this is a HWT pack by the design but If you don't mind me asking, what's this ? 

B638B279-A862-4E34-B0EE-731C86F5AFCA-cro

I've modified my pack since approval, including adding the other antenna next to those parts (which rotates up when used). (the regular antenna goes on the threaded drain area on the top of the pack).  These pieces are easily removable if needed.

Edited by SheaJeff
  • Like 1

I've modified my pack since approval, including adding the other antenna next to those parts (which rotates up when used). (the regular antenna goes on the threaded drain area on the top of the pack).  These pieces are easily removable if needed.

Understood. Not to be a Debbie downer here but we need to be careful we're not leading others, especially new recruits to believe this is the way it's supposed to look. We've seen lights and other non-standard items added, as fun as it is we need to remain as uniform as possible. Other than that very nice job on the pack build and armor case mount :jc_doublethumbup: .

• Like 2

Great idea for the transport of your pack. And that bottom handle is genius! As for your pack mods, I agree with Tony. We need to keep continuity amongst ourselves. I think this is the second one I've seen that these changes are done after approval. That's not good since you've changed it after your GML seen it and it can harm your chance for EIB and Centurion. I feel partially to blame since Tony's usually referring to my pack with the lights and such. But if you look at my pack in my EIB it's not visible and pack conforms to standards. All my mods were built in from the start when my GML saw it for the first time. I have a dream that someday all of us get together as a mega squad of HWT'S and we all need to look alike to sell it! That is all....<br>

Move along...

• Like 2

I love that handle on the bottom!  Definitely going to add that one.  I wish I hadn't put a Cog sticker there now. ;)

Great setup for the pack, too.  I'm going to have to look into something removable, so it doesn't cover up my pretty box when I'm not bringing the pack. ;)  (which of course is currently never, since I haven't finished mine yet)

Understood. Not to be a Debbie downer here but we need to be careful we're not leading others, especially new recruits to believe this is the way it's supposed to look. We've seen lights and other non-standard items added, as fun as it is we need to remain as uniform as possible. Other than that very nice job on the pack build and armor case mount :jc_doublethumbup: .

Please know that I did not mean to offend anyone or break any rules by adding a couple of pipes to the pack.  As you mentioned, some of the other packs with lights, round speakers, different knobs, etc. look a lot different to me than what I've done.  I didn't think the 8 year olds at the libraries I troop at would notice.  I don't ever plan on trooping in a Disney event or anything so formal.  I troop at charity walks and libraries.

When I remove these, there will be 4 screw holes in the oil pan.  Do I need to replace the pan so that the holes are no longer there?  Thinking about it now, I'm sure no one would like any #8 holes with rubber plugs in them. I hope the holes might be acceptable; it's not the expense of the new oil pan, it's the time and hassle to rebuild it.

Regarding modifications, it seems I see a lot of armor posts about modifying, cutting, trimming and other clearly visible modification AFTER approval.  That seems to be a common solution to things.  Some of the modifications I've seen look terrible, yet that seems to be what a lot of people do. 

Shea you're good my brother, no worries ;)  :D . Sorry for hijacking your thread. Alteration conversation is being continued on another thread. 

We encourage creativity and yet we also want to stay within the bounds of the CRL. Modifying armor to fit comfortably and/or eliminating physical harm or restrictions (aka armor bites, being able to walk) are safety issues. Adding light, audio systems, etc are purely entertainment. Even my Hovi andio system is designed to look and sound like troopers seen on screen.

Unfortunately if you were to apply for basic approval your pack, in the condition it is with the extra pipes, probably wouldn't pass, especially if your GML sticks to the CRL. Covering the holes shouldn't be too big a deal. Hate to see you replace the entire oil bucket.  

I'd be happy to give you some advice in you need it. 

Just to close this modification thread out, I wanted to include a picture of how I transport my HWT accessories.

I've got the thicker oil pan so all of my pieces (MP40 pouches, HWT belt, and pauldrons- shown out of the pan for the picture) fit right in there!

03CBC7D3-0FE5-4651-A015-E5BCB1986670.jpg

Edited by SheaJeff
  • Like 1

Just to close this modification thread out, I wanted to include a picture of how I transport my HWT accessories.

I've got the thicker oil pan so all of my pieces (MP40 pouches, HWT belt, and pauldrons- shown out of the pan for the picture) fit right in there!

03CBC7D3-0FE5-4651-A015-E5BCB1986670.jpg

I like.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk