TK61673 requesting ANH Stunt Centurion status [AP]

Deadeye

Looking SHARP, Kurt, and fantastic job on the ab/kidney and back/kidney connections!  Love the fact that you went with the double-snap method.... (I swear by it).  I see a Centurion badge in your future very soon, sir.  The only thing I could recommend is to perhaps shorten the TD clips a bit so they are not seen, but glad to see you have the backs lined with Velcro, .. a smart move!

• Like 1

I know that that was a suggestion in my EIB feedback but I've seen several Centurion approvals where they're visible including two within the last month or so. I'm hoping that it's just a "nice to have" and not a requirement. It seems like it will be much more difficult to trim them and ensure they're square and round the corners and all of that now that they're put together. Seeing the recent approvals was actually what gave me the confidence to move forward with an approval. I was already looking at shortening my thighs, which fixed one of my EIB suggestions so that only left the paint on the right-side snap to fix.

Great looking build! The only thing I see is no white on your mic tips. And don't worry sir I didn't see you playing with your dolls! Good Luck on this easy approval!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know that that was a suggestion in my EIB feedback but I've seen several Centurion approvals where they're visible including two within the last month or so. I'm hoping that it's just a "nice to have" and not a requirement. It seems like it will be much more difficult to trim them and ensure they're square and round the corners and all of that now that they're put together. Seeing the recent approvals was actually what gave me the confidence to move forward with an approval. I was already looking at shortening my thighs, which fixed one of my EIB suggestions so that only left the paint on the right-side snap to fix.

Hi Kurt

Ive been back through the last 26 Centurion approvals and only one had the Thermal det clips protrude below the belt. That one example the clips were only a few mm past the belt, unfortunatley yours look to be a good half inch plus, so we will still ask you to please shorten these so they dont look so obvious. Also you can still remove more of the return edge form your fore arms. Your build is beautiful so we are going to push you that little bit more to get it perfect. :)

You can cut them down with a hacksaw, Kurt.  The ends can be rounded off and smoothed down with common sandpaper, which is what I used.  Start with a rough grit (80) to round them off and remove the burrs, and then go to a 220 grit to finish and smooth them out them.  It should take you less than 10 minutes to do.  Almost there!!!!!!

If I may chime in here, the accuracy of your armor as a whole is ultimately up to you the applicant. Our goal as DOs is to make you look your best when you're out in public representing the 501st legion. Centurion is the elite level and so what we point out here is only for your benefit ;) Using examples of build threads is beside the point, and apparent oversights with other applicants can and will happen so should not be mistaken as a pass. As Sly mentioned you have a beautiful set of armor, yea you have a couple areas we want you to correct however, if you're content with the way it looks and would prefer not to alter it then let us know and we'll go from there. No worries