MR tk helmet comparison pictures

Ok the other day a friend of mine visited with his MR LE trooper lid and we took a few pics of it compared to the trooper lids that i own. While we didnt really take much time or effort to set them for like for like comparison i thought i would share the pics anyway.

First up is my TE2

OJxs8be.jpg

My T*E hdpe

DZM35gv.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I see the ears and the eyes bing the biggest changes to my eyes. The TE2 looks the closest, with the AP second.

The HDPE looks totaly diffrent in the face.

The MRLE is a far better lid than that of the CE. Actually a very nice lid I wouldnt mind owning.

WOW thats a real eye opener.The MR just does not have the look i would be after.there is just something about it i cant put my finger on.

You just cant beat the miss shaped curves and bumps that the others have.Thanks for sharing .

I think you have the AP spot on followed by the TE2,strange that ive put them in that order coz i would have thought the TE2 would be first.Still there all great just in diferent ways.

This was the first time that i had seen the MR LE in person and what i had seen in pics i didnt like at all. I must say it looks much better in the flesh but still there is something i dont like about it like i do about un-sanitised fan made helmets..

Mainly the ears are very thin, the eyes quite big and the frown just looks odd but this is what you get from mirroring one side i guess...

But i didnt match them up closely for comparison so some pictures the helmets are not equal in height or length from the camera so you loose some perpective here. But still its nice to see them together.

Mainly the ears are very thin, the eyes quite big and the frown just looks odd but this is what you get from mirroring one side i guess...

Is that what they did with the LE? I thought it had it's funky asemetry intact.

no it is asymetrical but i think cleaned up a little. if it looks different its might be because its probobly from a different original helmet as the normal acurate helmets as they (there were two supplied) were supplied by lukasfilm. alot of helmets in the movie look verry different from eachother.

Great photos. Thanks for posting.

It was great to see the comparison between the TE2, AP, T*E and MR LE.

The MR LE seems to have a narrower face and the ears seem wrong. The ears appear too centered rather than raked towards the back, and the eyes seem not quite right.

For all their asymmetrical flaws, the TE2, AP, and T*E really have great sinister expressions. The MR LE looks vacant, kind of like a trooper showing up for duty stoned.

no it is asymetrical but i think cleaned up a little. if it looks different its might be because its probobly from a different original helmet as the normal acurate helmets as they (there were two supplied) were supplied by lukasfilm. alot of helmets in the movie look verry different from eachother.

That's for sure. I bet you would be hard pressed to find two that looked alike. Generally the originals look like they were assembled during an all nighter pub party. The assembly crew didn't have a gram of the experience you guys have assembling stormtroopers. With that said, any replica is going to be an approximation. Even if it's made from a digital scan from the best surviving original that has been laying around for 32 years warping and discoloring. Those Master Replica boys did alright. That's a fine looking helmet for mass production.

Thanks for posting those pictures. It's really cool seeing them all together like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! The MR looks SO NICE!! I like it better than the other one even.

I prefer the "idealized" look to the "wonky" look personally.

But both are cool in their own way.