Anovos Replacement Parts

BritBulldog

My girlfriend wants in on the action, so we're trying to decide which kit to get for her - we figure it'll be a fun project to keep us busy over the winter. The price is right for the Anovos kit, but she's short (5'4") so we know there's going to be a fair bit of trimming involved. Given that neither of us are experienced builders, and I have two left thumbs, I'm anticipating there'll be more than one screw up and replacement parts will be needed. Do anovos sell replacement parts individually? I can't tell from their website, although given everything is always in pre-order runs I'm not optimistic. Would we better off paying the higher price for a different kit with better parts availability? Is there anyone that's recommended over others on that front?

I've also read here at least once that their bucket from the January run is starting to crack already - is that common?

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I tried to order replacement parts once from Anovos. (I damaged my bucket myself). They made two offers:

1: Destroying it and sending pics of the remains to get a new helmet.

2: 10% discount of the armor.

I tried to tell them twice that I was going to buy replacement parts... finally took the money and repaired the helmet. ;)

About the cracks in the helmet: the area around the Mic Tips ist veeery thin and delicate. I reinforced it with E6000 to prevent cracking.

Finally I would say the Anovos armor is looking great and was easy to build. I never regret buying it.

I don't think it is more easily damaged as the ones from other vendors.

If you like shiny armor look after TM. It is way more shiny than the Anovos. A squadmate has one and it is absolutely beautiful!

I already started saving. ;)

Cheers

Christian

Edited by Novak Dimon
  • Like 3

Anovos has started provided some replacement parts, but in a very limited fashion.  If I was in your shoes, I would not depend on Anovos for available replacement parts.

Most other vendors have fairly simple and readily available replacement parts.

• Like 2

Some great advice fro Christian and Kalani there, Paul.  Most vendors can manufacture spare parts with no problems.  My advice would to be start really researching the build threads, especially those concerning those for smaller frames.  I would also highly recommend starting your own individual build threads once you get your kits.  It seems like a pain, I know, but that way you can post your photos (we LOVE photos), ask questions, and show off your build(s) in one place.  Just remember, it's not a "sprint" to build your armor, it's more of a marathon.  Take your time, study the build threads, measure twice, cut once, and ask questions.  We are here to help! 

Also, get all your necessary building supplies ready while you wait for BBB (Big Brown Box) day to arrive.  Nothing worse than needing something and not having it on-hand.  As the Boy Scouts say... "Be Prepared".

Speaking of waiting... while you have the extra time, take a few minutes to check out the "Advanced Tactics" area.  This will give you the lowdown on how you can both take your armor to higher levels of screen accuracy.  Best of luck to you both on your TK journey!

• Like 3

If you're looking for spare parts I would not pick Anovos.  The kit is pretty straight forward to build, mien was by first and so far only build, but there are a few gotcha points which can catch you out if you're not expecting them.  Of course thats the same for any armour, so if you can read up as much as you can first that will help reduce unexpected issues causing you to mess up.

There's a few suppliers in the US, I don't know of any in Canada, those may well be your best option.  The TM option mentioned is great but you'll have to import it from England so shipping and customs will expensive. It is excellent armour though and will probably be what I end up with next.

• Like 1

Doing an Anovos now, my first build.  Not too tough just read, read, read and re read the forums here.  Lots of tips, tricks and wonderful troopers to help out.  Also local garrison should have Armor parties... they are a great way to met local members and even better way to learn hands on!

• Like 2