CTIDs E-11 resin build

Ok so this arrived this morning, so I thought I may as well start my WIP thread.

20a14992cf6d2da7330bb0487144477c.jpg

It's not as rough a mold as I was expecting. My first kit was a pipe build, and at the time I thought it was a decent effort. Saying that the parts were alot rougher than this, but there's still a fair bit of filing to be done.

I will post more pics soon, just wanted to get the thread up!

• Like 1

Definitely a DD, I can tell by the crappy D ring.  I love their kits, and have built a few, but I was not aware that they were supplying scope rails, though.  If you want to carry your build even farther, Marc, I suggest getting one of T-jay's AWESOME  E-11 finishing kits, which includes all sorts of detail pieces, (including a new D ring).  I used one on my last DD build, and it looks incredible.  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-resin-kits-with-worldwide-insured-shipping-and-paypal/

• Like 3

yep, I was not aware that DD were supplying scope rails too.

Edited by swibowoj
  • Like 2

I believe it is a DD kit but it's not directly from them. I bought it from someone who I believe began the prep and then gave up on the job.

As for the scope rail, I'm not sure if it was initially supplied with one. Or if is correct.

I'll post pics as soon as i can for your judgement.

Definitely a DD, I can tell by the crappy D ring. I love their kits, and have built a few, but I was not aware that they were supplying scope rails, though. If you want to carry your build even farther, Marc, I suggest getting one of t-jay's AWESOME E-11 finishing kits, which includes all sorts of detail pieces, (including a new D ring). I used one on my last DD build, and it looks incredible. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-resin-kits-with-worldwide-insured-shipping-and-paypal/

I'm weighing that up as we speak.

Might have to put a pin in that for the time being as I'm about to pay for my new armour, which is ready to ship!

If DD get their act together I should be starting my build soon so will be keeping an eye on your build.

Hahaha.....No pressure then! I will more than likely be leaning (heavily) on the more experienced to get me through this build!
  • Like 1

So here's the rails that came with the kit.

The scope rail is around 16mm in width and 240mm in length.

Any comments as to whether these are suitable would be gratefully appreciated.

Marc

2cec2c759c7d62178d7ae5e08818cb6e.jpg

3725c267d37194281b1e353ac7fa7aa8.jpg

17c8dcfcb007cac0f7d70c6b136684aa.jpg

A couple of quick questions.

1. Is this scope rail acceptable? It seems a bit narrow and also a little thick.

2. After trimming out the sight cover I will need to replace the part where the actual sight was. What are the dimensions for this?

7074902153435fa317c982e8aa1de272.jpg

I'm quite happy as to how it turned out. A little filling and some more filing should do the trick!

Scope rail looks okay to me. Although preferring wider aluminum stripes (20mm) I have already heared of rails with only 16mm. That's a matter of taste and what is available in different countries.

You haven't mentioned anything about the tickness, but something around 2mm should be fine. Maybe you want to check chapter #24 (scope rail) from the FISD blaster reference.

And while you're there, you can visit chapter #09 for your front sight and chapter #31 for the measurements.

Hope this helpes :)

Scope rail looks okay to me. Although preferring wider aluminum stripes (20mm) I have already heared of rails with only 16mm. That's a matter of taste and what is available in different countries.

You haven't mentioned anything about the tickness, but something around 2mm should be fine. Maybe you want to check chapter #24 (scope rail) from the FISD blaster reference.

And while you're there, you can visit chapter #09 for your front sight and chapter #31 for the measurements.

Hope this helpes :)

Thank you! Yeah the scope rail is 2mm.