Looking for E-11 build/buy info

1) Real Sterling build. Most accurate, most money, and lots of hassle to collect the bits. But not impossible. ;) Heavy as hell and thus not great to troop with. (some hardy souls do anyway, but they're a rare breed)

2) Pipe build with a doopy-doos completer kit. Popular and inexpensive, but the resin parts of fragile for regular trooping. Produces a very accurate, good looking model, though, albeit with a fair amount of work.

3) Hasbro / Rubies / Disney E11 with Doopy-doos conversion kit. Various amounts of work, from simple to elaborate. Not especially accurate (without an insane amount of work), but they can be made to look quite nice, albeit with a fair amount of work. Also explicitly excluded for higher level approvals. (see the CRL)

4) 3D printed E11 kits. Available on Shapeways, Thingiverse (if you have your own 3D printer), and probably elsewhere. 3D prints tend to look like 3D prints, though (usually), and they're also relatively fragile.

5) Most popular (read: most frequently recommended) option for trooping is the HFx Hyperfirm E11. Solid rubber casting, pre-finished and ready to troop, sufficiently accurate to quality for highest level approvals, lightweight, and nearly indestructible. Similar model made by THG Props on Etsy, in kit form.

There's probably one or two I've left out, but this covers most of the major/common options, I believe.

Edited by kman
  • Like 3

I would add the SDS version which is excellent and the Doopydoos kit which is also very popular!

I will add that the SDS can be pricey but all it needs is the end ring for level 2 certification.

Thw Doopys is always out of stock, add your email for new received stock notification. It is an inexpensive DIY kit if you are into that. I have the SDS and a doopys on the way :)

Great response Kman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by TOMALFORD
  • Like 1

I would add the SDS version which is excellent and the Doopydoos kit which is also very popular!

I will add that the SDS can be pricey but all it needs is the end ring for level 2 certification.

Thw Doopys is always out of stock, add your email for new received stock notification. It is an inexpensive DIY kit if you are into that. I have the SDS and a doopys on the way :)

Great response Kman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have an SDS E-11 in your possession? The ones i've seen on videos looked very rough for the money.

I have a Doopydoos full resin kit, with various simple mods. It's solid, easy to complete, but difficult to get hold of.

• Like 1