Is this armor acceptable?

Bought this helmet a week ago from a friend who got it from a pro-fan crafter. Anyways, they say its ABS high quality, what would this be and is this acceptable? Is this armor good enought to join the 501st? It was fan made.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

This is a special operations trooper (TX) from the Expanded Universe as opposed to a traditional stormtrooper (TK), and I believe it is acceptable for 501st membership. Check the 501st Legion website (www.501st.com) for more info.

Best way to start if you want to join the 501st is to make contact with the nearest garrison. The Legion website has a listing of all the garrisons, outposts, squads, etc.

This is a special operations trooper (TX) from the Expanded Universe as opposed to a traditional stormtrooper (TK), and I believe it is acceptable for 501st membership. Check the 501st Legion website (www.501st.com) for more info.

Best way to start if you want to join the 501st is to make contact with the nearest garrison. The Legion website has a listing of all the garrisons, outposts, squads, etc.

sweet, i wanna join my fellow stormtrooper brothers in the imperial army. Im actually from Toronto Canada so lol i dont think there is a legion there or an outpost.

993ironman said:
sweet, i wanna join my fellow stormtrooper brothers in the imperial army. Im actually from Toronto Canada so lol i dont think there is a legion there or an outpost.

These guys might be able to help:

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hm, I just answered your first thread you started about this. Might want to keep it confined to one topic. You can disregard what I said there -- this isn't a Dark Trooper. This is a Shadow Stormtrooper. They've been seen assigned to Imperial agents like Blackhole and Carnor Jax. They are 501st-approved costumes, but a word of warning -- there will be events you won't be able to attend in that costume because the organizers specifically request plain Stormtroopers or Clonetroopers. A Vader or a Fett might be welcome, but most stuff from the Expanded Universe won't be. That's why many of us have multiple costumes. :)

I personally intend to have a plain white ANH-acurate Stormtrooper in addition to the rest of my stuff, just so I can pad the ranks when needed and not have to sit one out because they don't want a Royal Guard. :)

--Jonah

What Lou said. Kevin and the rest of the Spec Ops men and women are great folk and will help you get squared away.

The armor whether black of white is pretty much the same, so any building advice found here works equally well.

seriously....i just finished my helmet pretty much....first time doing anything like this...kind of hard for me actually...i've never owned a tool in my life!!!!!! same armor too!!!!! the people at the other special ops board never respond...lol...THIS board is awesome!!!!!!

993ironman said:
Bought this helmet a week ago from a friend who got it from a pro-fan crafter. Anyways, they say its ABS high quality, what would this be and is this acceptable? Is this armor good enought to join the 501st? It was fan made.

-------

if thats what you're getting its just black FX armor so anything here regarding FX armor would really apply. Just realize that if you do get that, your costume will not be qualified for events that are film canon only as that is an EU costume.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

if thats what you're getting its just black FX armor so anything here regarding FX armor would really apply.

Like ensuring the thighs are trimmed & fitted properly, and also perhaps look into upgrading the helmet :)

Like ensuring the thighs are trimmed & fitted properly, and also perhaps look into upgrading the helmet :)

Although as a darky, you'd be hardpressed to find other kits that have black so you'd have to paint the helmet. Also don't forget about the little things like better lenses.

The FX helmet just looks a little off. I started with that with my BH trooper and just thought it look too big, and I am 6'2" and 200 pounds. Look into modifying a MR CE and painting it. You can have a great BH trooper helmet for about 125-150. I love al the stormtroopers and this is a nice option to the standard white when you are doing a non canon event. I also hope they show up in the TV series, keeping my fingers crossed. Heres mine

c9fqWxb.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

One can always buy an AP or TE2 and paint it. If you think about it, *every* clone is painted so it's not different.

Zach - that's a nice BH trooper you have there. My $.02 is that BH are starting to follow the same path as TK - lots of pure FX out there and it was considered "good enough", but lately I'm starting to see some really nicely done BH as people get more detailed in upgrading buckets and fitting.

seriously....i just finished my helmet pretty much....first time doing anything like this...kind of hard for me actually...i've never owned a tool in my life!!!!!! same armor too!!!!! the people at the other special ops board never respond...lol...THIS board is awesome!!!!!!

Yeah, unfortunately the spec ops site just does'nt have the numbers like here. Heck, I doubt any other detachment has these numbers, lol. As much as I try to visit and stay involved, there's just not enough hours in the day. This site is just better for new guys needing help, advice, or just references and tutorials. I do get the feeling that our blackhole/shadow trooper numbers are increasing, and hopefully with the new game/ tv series, we'll get a little more exposure.