Alay's ANH Stunt build (AP, first build)

Alay

Almost there! We've all had build days like that. Keep the faith. :)

Last night definitely helped lift my spirits :)  The frustration was the push I needed to get over my fear of cutting into those kidney plates to the extent they had to be for my body type.

Looking good Sarah.

Just make sure you dont have any sharp corners as not only can they hurt when the dig in to you, but they also can damage your black under suit.

Thanks Sly!  I've been sanding off where possible now to try and avoid tears.  It will probably take a few troops to figure out all the pain points that need to be removed.

If you have a sewing machine. Sew (is that correct?) The velcro strips to the nylon straps. Super easy, problem solved. Looking sharp trooper!

Thanks!  Unfortunately no sewing machine... I'm thinking E6000 the velcro on the armor and change velcro above the loop to snaps.  My mother has an industrial sewing machine from the 40s down at her farm that I'll have to borrow next time I drive down there!

• Like 1

I made a thing to stop the overlapping on the strapped side... Shamelessly stolen idea from zv288bot's post.

qb9ltN3.jpg

wggx0zq.jpg

osmSpa4.jpg

Basically take a long somewhat thin piece of abs and bend it at a 45 degree angle, then back straight.  Make sure another piece of ABS fits smoothly under it.  I also sanded and rounded the front side so it doesn't catch.

Glued in with E6000 ezpz.  Works like a charm :)

• Like 1

GUYS, IT'S OFFICIAL, MY SUIT IS COMPLETED!

Some post shots to show the fitting...

Nr6YUaN.jpg

D2vExMf.jpg

KMbtupf.jpg

LOOK AT MY FLEXIBILITY!!!!

xEf0ALh.jpg

Uz9vBAv.jpg

gC6f4eh.jpg

0VqfcCr.jpg

rd8Kl0d.jpg

ACTION POST TIME!!!!

eLp5JXt.jpg

FcUWqNV.jpg

And finally adding in the (non-submission costume) pieces to model after my old SWG character of eight years...

e9NnuZV.jpg

PTWyuMB.jpg

And of course, the biggest smile I've had one since getting the big brown box!  (please excuse my _awful_ hair)

hJ6RdnL.jpg

But lets be real; the real fun has just begun!  The rest of the fitting!  I definitely need to remove some return edge on the shins, maybe cut away the back of the tops for more mobility.  The thighs have one or two pinch points too.

Any comments on fitting, where I can improve?

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! BEST COMMUNITY EVER!

• Like 7

Awe man, look at you go! You look amazing in your plastic spaceman suit! Congrats - Congrats!

Yeah, 3 troops in and I am always making some kind of adjustment to strapping or the armor itself. It's crazy how dressed in your living room cautiously moving around while trying to figure out if you'll ever see right is way less stressful on the armor then making a quick exit after being swarmed by 25 kids.

• Like 1

Awe man, look at you go! You look amazing in your plastic spaceman suit! Congrats - Congrats!

Yeah, 3 troops in and I am always making some kind of adjustment to strapping or the armor itself. It's crazy how dressed in your living room cautiously moving around while trying to figure out if you'll ever see right is way less stressful on the armor then making a quick exit after being swarmed by 25 kids.

Congrats again, basic approval and beyond should be easy peasy for you.

Tapatalk always cuts off some of my post... don't know why...

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Suit is built to centurion CRL so only thing I might need to change for EIB/Cent is fitting. I might get some gloves that don't make my hands hate life for trooping though... That Rubber is tough on them haha

• Like 1

I made a thing to stop the overlapping on the strapped side... Shamelessly stolen idea from zv288bot's post.

qb9ltN3.jpg

wggx0zq.jpg

osmSpa4.jpg

Basically take a long somewhat thin piece of abs and bend it at a 45 degree angle, then back straight.  Make sure another piece of ABS fits smoothly under it.  I also sanded and rounded the front side so it doesn't catch.

Glued in with E6000 ezpz.  Works like a charm :)

I stole it from SpiceCredits but thanks anyway!  :)

If you still need S-trim, I have plenty extra and would be happy to mail you a length :)  Let me know

Are you serious! :shok:  I would love that!! :)  I'll PM you and send you some dough to cover cost and shipping via Paypal!

Submitted my 501st application so now the waiting game starts... hope I didn't screw anything up!

Submission gallery:  http://imgur.com/a/xBxSd

Once that's done, I'm going to see about maybe cutting some room into the back of the shins/thighs so I can walk nice instead of waddling :P

I also bought some silk glove liners, and some nomex gloves for potential trooping... we'll see how they work out.

We'll be starting on my husband's build tomorrow :)  We're going to try to take a lot more photos and do it more tutorial style to help others.

• Like 2

Looks great! Good luck!! TK for your husband as well?

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

Yup!  ANH stunt TK.  Dunno if he's going to go full Centurion or not, but I might nudge him in that direction since most of the cosmetic changes are worth doing in my opinion anyways... only bit I'm not a fan of is the male snap on the front of the ab plate, but it's hidden anyways.

Not sure if I should make a new thread or not, but I'm detailing a ton of the process of trimming/sanding/assembling, so hopefully we can put up an AP kit tutorial similar to something like ukswrath did for Anovos.  Might help a newcomer or two :)

• Like 1

Any suggestions for glasses in helmet?  I have a tough time getting them in and out.  

Might get a contact lense prescription and just get daily ones for troops.

Any suggestions for glasses in helmet?  I have a tough time getting them in and out.  

Might get a contact lense prescription and just get daily ones for troops.

Nope. I've tried to get my glasses in and out of the helmet and it's not easy. I've decided to go glass free when I'm in the gear... but yeah, I might go the contacts route also when my annual comes up at Christmas time.

• Like 1

Glasses free unfortunately isn't an option for me... the world is a big multi-colored blur :(

I mean... I guess all things considered it's about the usual of what you can see inside the helmet :P