Fan Made ABS FOTK armor

tk2092

I'd like to say one thing here.

No person has the right to make and sell replicas of any Star Wars property EXCEPT the license holders.

Quit acting like you have rights just because you created a derived work.   And Quit whining about it.

• Like 5

I'm not going to lock this thread, as I'm done doing that over this situation.

The next person - member or not - who decides it is prudent to resort to name calling (or other asinine behavior) in this (or any other) thread to make their point will not be reading anything that anyone has to say here for awhile.

If it wasn't clear in my last post in this thread, it should be now.  Behave, or be suspended.

• Like 11

Well, Peter (FN Armor) has been answering questions here and if I lock it, he is unable to do so.

That's not fair to him to allow his accuser to say what he will and not allow him a forum to respond.

They will simply have to learn to post comments like grown-ups, or post elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

• Like 6

The provost marshall certainly can remove posts from the thread without locking them.

I vote the thread be cleaned up, and kept open.  It's kinda fun watching plastic spacemen show molds, and debate..  healthy debate is what we're here for.

Nice work boss!

I mean who doesn't want to see the wooden molds... and the aluminum molds too!

:icon_worth:

Well more pics!

Edited by TK bondservnt
  • Like 2

Call it like you want.

If it is cast or copied makes no difference. If he had worked purely from movie screenpics, no problem.

But he copied from pics of another armor for sale, that is no artist, just a stealing copy-rat.

what? seriously?  :mellow:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Has any decision been made yet about FNarmour, im still seeing hes getting a lot of hassle on FB and they keep saying that whitearmour has said hes a recaster, if so can you explain why hes on the resource guide

The jury is still out. I'm sure once the armor has been inspected there'll be a discussion thread regarding it but at this point I'm not aware of anyone has received a set yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just an update PinkieProps on Etsy has closed its account and disappeared with the money it received namely mine!!!!! Any advise very welcome for this fool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If people get ripped off, the kit being a possible recast would be a moot point.

I don't know how FNarmor got on the resource guide, being a fresh new member and fresh new seller.

• Like 1

Has any decision been made yet about FNarmour, im still seeing hes getting a lot of hassle on FB and they keep saying that whitearmour has said hes a recaster, if so can you explain why hes on the resource guide

He's been called out by more than the FISD.

Read the comments;

Oh you're the RE CASTER I saw on BST you're blacklisted for copying peoples work tsk tsk! Looser!

Edited by TK4205

Hey guys, I assume you're referring to the first order Trooper resource guide. That's something I threw together so it's very easy to just remove stuff if we think it's too controversial. Should I remove it entirely, or put a note on it that the source of the armor is in question? I'm fine with either.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Clint, for the time being, please add the note. I've got my own thoughts on what the resolution will be, as of right now, but I am choosing to respect the process that has been started. There will be a discussion among the Staff quite soon, regarding this topic.

• Like 1

I sent my pattern and gasket material to Taiwan to get a quote on production. I think our pattern and material was copied. There were also inquiries from Taiwan, as to my volume.

So in my opinion, the gaskets are in question too.  

• Like 2

Hey guys, I assume you're referring to the first order Trooper resource guide. That's something I threw together so it's very easy to just remove stuff if we think it's too controversial. Should I remove it entirely, or put a note on it that the source of the armor is in question? I'm fine with either.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Your resource list is great help, Camp. Maybe some members consider it the "vetted list". Might be a good idea to edit it, else people will get the wrong idea.

Sellers should at no time be vetted by the detachment staff. Sellers need to be vetted by the membership as a whole. Because just like Tony has mentioned, vetted long time sellers with a perfect track record can go AWOL at any time. And if the staff can't get involved when things go south, they shouldn't get involved when things are going north either.

First, thank you, Wyatt.  

When I responded earlier, I simply addressed adding the note to the resource guide because I was typing on my iPad, and it is not very forum-friendly.  Now that I have more time, sitting at a computer, I'll add a little more.

Clint, if you would update your resource list, to indicate that people seeking armor should inquire in the "Various Types of Armor and Where to Find Them" thread, I think that would be a solid approach.  The other items - keep on rocking like you've been doing.  When it comes to armor though, I'd prefer to simply direct them to the appropriate thread.  That way, as Wyatt said above, your resource guide is not being perceived as the "FO TK Vetted Armor Seller List." 

I'm not happy with the FB chatter saying that we (whitearmor) have called FNarmor out as a recaster.  Conversely, I wouldn't be happy with FB chatter saying that whitearmor has endorsed any one armor maker.  

That is not the purpose of the Detachment.  Yes, that sort of information (recommended vs non-recommended sellers) is typically available here with some research, but we do not actively endorse or condemn any one maker of armor over another.  On Facebook, it is one thing if Tim Waychoff says "Yeah, I use a DoopyDoos full kit E-11" or "I have built x number of kits, and to this point in time, I have only used belts made by TKittel."  That's me saying those things.  Not an official position of the FISD.  The distinction may seem to be vague to some, but I always try (especially on FB) to make that distinction because FB is NOT FISD.

Sellers/Vendors build their own reputations, and like Wyatt said above, when it comes to these disputes we (the FISD) can't get involved on that level.  We do what we can within the boundaries of the Legion Charter and Operations Protocol to assist members, would-be members, and Stormtrooper costume enthusiasts to have the best information available to them to help them to build a better Stormtrooper.

• Like 13

I sent my pattern and gasket material to Taiwan to get a quote on production. I think our pattern and material was copied. There were also inquiries from Taiwan, as to my volume.

So in my opinion, the gaskets are in question too.  

Did I say Thaiwan?? Silly me. I often get my third world sweatshops confused. I meant Thailand.

• Like 1

First, thank you, Wyatt.  

When I responded earlier, I simply addressed adding the note to the resource guide because I was typing on my iPad, and it is not very forum-friendly.  Now that I have more time, sitting at a computer, I'll add a little more.

Clint, if you would update your resource list, to indicate that people seeking armor should inquire in the "Various Types of Armor and Where to Find Them" thread, I think that would be a solid approach.  The other items - keep on rocking like you've been doing.  When it comes to armor though, I'd prefer to simply direct them to the appropriate thread.  That way, as Wyatt said above, your resource guide is not being perceived as the "FO TK Vetted Armor Seller List." 

I'm not happy with the FB chatter saying that we (whitearmor) have called FNarmor out as a recaster.  Conversely, I wouldn't be happy with FB chatter saying that whitearmor has endorsed any one armor maker.  

That is not the purpose of the Detachment.  Yes, that sort of information (recommended vs non-recommended sellers) is typically available here with some research, but we do not actively endorse or condemn any one maker of armor over another.  On Facebook, it is one thing if Tim Waychoff says "Yeah, I use a DoopyDoos full kit E-11" or "I have built x number of kits, and to this point in time, I have only used belts made by TKittel."  That's me saying those things.  Not an official position of the FISD.  The distinction may seem to be vague to some, but I always try (especially on FB) to make that distinction because FB is NOT FISD.

Sellers/Vendors build their own reputations, and like Wyatt said above, when it comes to these disputes we (the FISD) can't get involved on that level.  We do what we can within the boundaries of the Legion Charter and Operations Protocol to assist members, would-be members, and Stormtrooper costume enthusiasts to have the best information available to them to help them to build a better Stormtrooper.

Ok, I've removed specific armor vendors from the guide and also changed the description to be more clear that it's not an endorsed vendor list but more just a community made helpful resource.

• Like 3

Just curious how long you all are going to wait for Peter to send the kits before you realize he wont send anything?  It has been a month and he has not shipped or provided tracking numbers.    Does this not seem odd?