SpiceCredits ANH Stunt Build Thread [AP]

Awesome. I have a box of Honey Nut Cheerios that'll be on it's way out soon. :P

Here's what mine ended up looking like.

f8fd2ce18f51adbe23fbf6b241b772cb.jpg

b77231c115f400f8fb96810df0db699b.jpg

cf1fbf30545eceb6ba29ad1d529f7e0b.jpg

It's attached in with Velcro and the wires are "wrangled" with pieces of gaffer tape for now. Next time I go to the hardware store I'll pick up some of those cable keepers with sticky backs that you route cable ties through or some of these:

3ba230334ed7ee5c9dde73f780a78faa.jpg

Jim - TK50899

Edited by MoSc0ut
  • Like 2

Next time I go to the hardware store I'll pick up some of those cable keepers with sticky backs that you route cable ties through....

Jim - TK50899

At my work we call those 30/30's because they either stick on for 30 minutes or 30 years, depending on the batch.

Nice fan setup BTW.

• Like 3

I ended up getting some bids on a piece of music equipment I am selling on Ebay... iComm, Amp and possible Hyperfirm B-grade here I come! :)

I sold a bunch of snare drums to fund this new venture. I feel ya!

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nice! Lol I sold a few drum machines too for my armor. I'm still cool with that trade off.

Ha! I sold one of my livers and am now crippled by debt. I don't feel so good all of a sudden. I think that might have been the liver I used to filter out the high quantities of remorse I'm prone to.

No biggie, still got awesome armour! Woohoo!

• Like 4

Ha! I sold one of my livers and am now crippled by debt. I don't feel so good all of a sudden. I think that might have been the liver I used to filter out the high quantities of remorse I'm prone to.

No biggie, still got awesome armour! Woohoo!

I hate to be that guy... but sorry bro, you only have one liver so I'm not sure how much time you have left. If you would be so kind as to pack up all of your star wars belongings and ship them off to me I will see they find a proper home.

• Like 3

I hate to be that guy... but sorry bro, you only have one liver so I'm not sure how much time you have left. If you would be so kind as to pack up all of your star wars belongings and ship them off to me I will see they find a proper home.

Only one liver?  This guy said I had two, and he's a doctor.

rB8PsgX.png

I never thought of it until now, but other than this armor, I don't have a single other piece of Star Wars merchandise.  Not one piece.  Funny that it never occurred to me until now.  It actually just kind of blew my mind given all the work and research I've been putting into this armor lately.  Oh well, better to have one really cool piece, I guess.

• Like 3

I started on my fan system today. I'm basically all done, but I'm ordering a battery pack that will be more concealing than the one I have now. 

I went to Home Depot and bought a "For Rent" sign ($8.96 I believe). It ended up being the perfect length for the fan set up I had, and it was sturdy and flexible. I taped off the area I wanted to keep after trimming and made sure the fans had enough top and bottom room also.
IMG_5361_zpswlvxx8fi.jpg

After I cut out the taped area I began to trim it to shape.
The total length is 22⅛" long. The two ends where the fans go are 2.5" tall, and the middle section is 2" tall.
IMG_5365_zps4tndw0xo.jpg

i made sure I was happy with the length.
IMG_5367_zpschi5nwwy.jpg

Next I placed the fans in the positions I wanted them to blow. Once they were in place I marked and drilled where I wanted the wires to go.
IMG_5372_zpsp0x1pslz.jpg

Once I had those markings, I used the bottom of this glass to cut out a semi-circle stencil to round the edges of the bracket.
IMG_5383_zpsemssxf1j.jpg.

This is where I started over with a new piece of plastic, because I drilled an extra hole I wasn't going to use and it looked funny.
Once I got back to the same step, I sanded the plastic and got the edges to be more round, and ready for plasti-dip.
IMG_5385_zpspkyn8k0s.jpg

I scored cut-outs to run the wires through to the drilled holes.
IMG_5386_zpsshrkyo0m.jpg

IMG_5387_zpsmwwu0wfd.jpg

Next, I plastic-dipped the bracket to match the inside of my bucket and to be less noticeable, the grip it adds is nice too.
IMG_5390_zpszrsidrgz.jpg

The fans are velcro'd to the bracket, by the way.

IMG_5392_zps5mhigwii.jpg

The back will look better once I get the battery and get the wiring all situated. 

IMG_5393_zpssvpycyhv.jpg

The battery I was using was too big in the back, so I am ordering a new one.
IMG_5397_zpsb9juzrru.jpg

Once I get the new battery I'll be in really good shape. :)

IMG_5400_zpsfyodfile.jpg

IMG_5401_zpshzezc6sg.jpg

IMG_5403_zps4gm8fdi4.jpg

EDIT: I'll probably be adding a button switch as well.

Edited by SpiceCredits
  • Like 2

That is pretty impressive. It looks really great! I'm probably going to reference this a lot when I get to that point. Also, what did you use for the black stuff that goes around the teeth screen?

Thanks! For sure, dude… Go for it!

This is what I used for the frown mesh lining. I got it at Hobby Lobby for super cheap. I eyeballed the shape of it, and it took a couple of versions, but it makes the inside look a little cleaner, I think. It was an idea I got from JoblessPunk's build.

FullSizeRender_zpsib2dqnqw.jpg

• Like 2

I started on my fan system today. I'm basically all done, but I'm ordering a battery pack that will be more concealing than the one I have now.

I went to Home Depot and bought a "For Rent" sign ($8.96 I believe). It ended up being the perfect length for the fan set up I had, and it was sturdy and flexible. I taped off the area I wanted to keep after trimming and made sure the fans had enough top and bottom room also.

IMG_5361_zpswlvxx8fi.jpg

After I cut out the taped area I began to trim it to shape.

The total length is 22⅛" long. The two ends where the fans go are 2.5" tall, and the middle section is 2" tall.

IMG_5365_zps4tndw0xo.jpg

i made sure I was happy with the length.

IMG_5367_zpschi5nwwy.jpg

Next I placed the fans in the positions I wanted them to blow. Once they were in place I marked and drilled where I wanted the wires to go.

IMG_5372_zpsp0x1pslz.jpg

Once I had those markings, I used the bottom of this glass to cut out a semi-circle stencil to round the edges of the bracket.

IMG_5383_zpsemssxf1j.jpg.

This is where I started over with a new piece of plastic, because I drilled an extra hole I wasn't going to use and it looked funny.

Once I got back to the same step, I sanded the plastic and got the edges to be more round, and ready for plasti-dip.

IMG_5385_zpspkyn8k0s.jpg

I scored cut-outs to run the wires through to the drilled holes.

IMG_5386_zpsshrkyo0m.jpg

IMG_5387_zpsmwwu0wfd.jpg

Next, I plastic-dipped the bracket to match the inside of my bucket and to be less noticeable, the grip it adds is nice too.

IMG_5390_zpszrsidrgz.jpg

The fans are velcro'd to the bracket, by the way.

IMG_5392_zps5mhigwii.jpg

The back will look better once I get the battery and get the wiring all situated.

IMG_5393_zpssvpycyhv.jpg

The battery I was using was too big in the back, so I am ordering a new one.

IMG_5397_zpsb9juzrru.jpg

Once I get the new battery I'll be in really good shape. :)

IMG_5400_zpsfyodfile.jpg

IMG_5401_zpshzezc6sg.jpg

IMG_5403_zps4gm8fdi4.jpg

EDIT: I'll probably be adding a button switch as well.

Great job! I got a couple of things to finish up but once I'm done this will be my next project! Stealing all of your ideas of course!

• Like 1

Hard hat liner is cool. I have one in, the only issue is the liner is oval and since you have to "screw" the helmet on it starts off weird. Trying to find the happy medium between tight enough to not have any wobble but loose enough to get on with little effort.

• Like 1

I should add that I did buy the cheapest hardhat Home Depot had so maybe that's half the problem.

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 1

Hard hat liner is cool. I have one in, the only issue is the liner is oval and since you have to "screw" the helmet on it starts off weird. Trying to find the happy medium between tight enough to not have any wobble but loose enough to get on with little effort.

This is exactly 100% why I am reluctant to try it! Lol I feel like there is so little room in my helmet that getting it on would be a hassle for the same reasons. I guess I'll give it some more thought first.

I should add that I did buy the cheapest hardhat Home Depot had so maybe that's half the problem.

Same one I put back on the shelf after pondering it for 20 minutes in the aisle. Lol
  • Like 1

Thanks for documenting that! I'm not sure what I'm going to do in mine since I have so little room and my battery pack just barely lets my head pass through. Not sure if I'll be able to add the bracket as well and keep the switch accessible. Guess I'll just have to play around with it and find out!

• Like 1

In reference to battery location a buddy of mine (goes by Daryldoak on FISD has his battery in the chin area he says that it keeps his helmet from riding back as the weight pulls a little down.

As for the hard hat liner I too purchased the cheap one, like $6 and change. It is a little more of a pain to put on an take off but the air from the fans blows around my head nicely. I don't know that a more expensive liner would be any different unless it doesn't ride as far down on the back of the head. I'm going to play with some placement ideas for my fans and see if I can name my bucket balance a little better on my noggin.

Jim - TK50899

• Like 1

Thanks for documenting that! I'm not sure what I'm going to do in mine since I have so little room and my battery pack just barely lets my head pass through. Not sure if I'll be able to add the bracket as well and keep the switch accessible. Guess I'll just have to play around with it and find out!

No prob! I know exactly what you mean though. I barely have any room in there either, and it's already tight to put on also. Without the battery, it doesn't take up really enough more space to notice. I'm hoping that with the battery I am ordering, the bracket will still lay snug and that the battery will nestle in well in the curvature of the helmet. 

This is the one I am ordering. Plus it's only $10 to see. If not, I have an emergency phone charger.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Lipstick-Sized-Generation-High-Quality/dp/B005X1Y7I2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1467731772&sr=8-4&keywords=external+battery&refinements=p_89%3AAnker

Yes my CO mentioned that he used that battery. Might give that a try. I have the option to use he battery pack with AAs or use USB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1