Recruit Holding Dock

What can I say that I haven't said before in my build thread .

I've gone from seeing the worst in people from seeing the best in people.

My journey is best described in my build thread in Page 1 - Post#1 and Page 58 - Post#1157.

Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/34182-Pyrates-AP-Build-and-Journey-to-The-501st

However, rather than talk about my journey I would much rather take a moment to recognize those for making it what it was:

Epic and a "Bucket List" experience.

The wait for armor was becoming unbearable in eager anticipation - that is until, my thread became the local hangout for the latest batch of AP recruits.

It was awesome - bunch of body's sitting around at a card table with nothing but their under suits (maybe boots if you were lucky) and the constant checking of emails and researching lol.

Really though it was a great opportunity to meet my fellow recruits, help each other digest the mass of information of the FISD White Library, and just shoot the Ewok targets

Other great things happened too such as the experience of what I have deemed.

"From Legend to Mentor to Comrade"

When you first start your healthy bowl of FISD information - you begin to recognize the people who make the FISD what it is - and build respect for the efforts and follow their lead. Making them almost icons - and I say "almost" because they are so humble and down to earth without professing their greatness. They take time out of their day to help you out - and when they first post or talk to you, one can't help feel just a little star struck. After the zoning out in awe starts to fade away the camaraderie begins and paying it forward.

Without further delay I would like to show my appreciation and very heartfelt thanks to the following - I truly cherish and value you all.

(Scrolling Intro and in no particular order as I see you all as rock stars)

TK - 2759 "Recruit Squad Captain"

Airborne Trooper "Second in Command"

Barcoder

Sentry71

Jinsei

Haso

spyder918

supernaut11

ukswrath

Sly11

68Brick

Kredal

Scotty33

Mechapumpkin

Nosey10

justjoseph63

Brinkhouse

Brattie

ComradeDave

Darth Aloha

gmrhodes13

Dlotz

captsafe66

Knockerbot

Slyfox740

Dark CMF

Mark (AP)

With unquestioned loyalty and Troopers helping Troopers Whooo-Wahhh!!!;

"Pyrates" TK - 99725

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 10

Quite humbling when you put it like that, Aaron!  I especially like the fact that you mentioned "Paying it forward"...  In a nutshell, that's what we do here.  We all started out our TK life as recruits, and those ahead of us helped get us to where we are as full fledged members of this great community.  I genuinely hope to see you stay active on the boards, and share all you've learned with those just starting this awesome journey.   So when can we expect your EIB submission?  :duim:

• Like 3

Quite humbling when you put it like that, Aaron! I especially like the fact that you mentioned "Paying it forward"... In a nutshell, that's what we do here. We all started out our TK life as recruits, and those ahead of us helped get us to where we are as full fledged members of this great community. I genuinely hope to see you stay active on the boards, and share all you've learned with those just starting this awesome journey. So when can we expect your EIB submission? :duim:

Approximately a month after I order new Centurion rivets from you lol - apparently losing all this weight has had an effect on my armor and I have to redo my ab/kidney sizing.

As for staying active on the boards my friend, I don't intend on going anywhere. The FISD is my virtual home and there is still lots of learning to do and new experiments to try.

My door will always be open to Recruits and Troopers alike both in and outside the FISD.

It's truly the least I can do as no price can be put on what this experience has been and will continue to be for me.

PS - I will be contacting you after my vacation

Cheers as always Joseph

• Like 3

I am indeed humbled, and honored to be included in your list, Aaron. As you said - and I couldn't have said it better myself - paying it forward is the lifeblood of Troopers Helping Troopers. Thank you for posting your piece here, and for becoming the community member that you are today. Keep on leading the way, Stormtrooper!

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad I was able to help. If I'm to be honest seeing your updates all the time lit the fire under my backside to get everything completed haha

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad I was able to help. If I'm to be honest seeing your updates all the time lit the fire under my backside to get everything completed haha

Absolutely my pleasure Jin - having you and Gary made it like riding Motocycles along Route 66 all the way to the gates of the 501st.

• Like 1

Just getting around to seeing this, but congratulations on all the hard work and look to see you going after the higher levels. One day I'll join you on the death star when my emperor at home allows me to order new imperial armor that has yet to be touched by the sands of Tatooine. 

• Like 1

Just getting around to seeing this, but congratulations on all the hard work and look to see you going after the higher levels. One day I'll join you on the death star when my emperor at home allows me to order new imperial armor that has yet to be touched by the sands of Tatooine.

Much appreciated Jason - your camaraderie and friendship are absolute gold mate.

I look forward to watching and being there for that build when you get the go.

Considering you like that hot sand environment you're one of the coolest Sandy's I know cheers brother!

Absolutely my pleasure Jin - having you and Gary made it like riding Motocycles along Route 66 all the way to the gates of the 501st.

Roger that!!

• Like 1