DLT19_composite.jpg

Action 1

eib_action1.jpg

Action 2

eib_action2.jpg

Bucket off

basic_action.jpg

Edited by Sentry71

Hey Gary, good looking build! Few things that I noticed....Rivets on the ammo pack look like they need to be painted white. Might be the angle, but it looked unpainted. The drop boxes hang a little off the belt and should be snug up to it. Also, see if you can tighten up the gaps on both sides of your armor..shouldn't be any visible space. Ears on your helmet should have one black stripe on each side. Otherwise, looking good and good luck!

• Like 1

Good catch, Ben. They are unpainted. :(  I will get that fixed up asap.

Boxes are an easy fix. Ears as well.

The gaps will be a bit more difficult, but I will look into it. The rivet side is held in place a bit differently than most (I used a long 2" wide strip of nylon strap, and riveted through that). Unfortunately, the nylon has somehow stretched. I may have to go to the strap format that others are using.

​Thanks for the pointers - I'll see if I can fix those items and reupload corrections before Andrew and Tony get to my app.

• Like 1

Hi Gary, can you please post an end shot of youe E11 showing the D ring. We know its not on the photo guide but we are endeavoring to have that changed.

Thank you, and we will be with you shortly.

• Like 1

Hi Gary, can you please post an end shot of youe E11 showing the D ring. We know its not on the photo guide but we are endeavoring to have that changed.

Thank you, and we will be with you shortly.

The photo has been added after the E-11 pictures in the first post. Thanks!

• Like 1

Looking good! Fix what others have mentioned and you should be in good shape! One suggestion I will make it to heat bend your shoulder strap so they sit nicely on your back plate. It will take some pressure off those small elastics too.

Nice Job Trooper! :duim:

• Like 2

Sorry Gary, we also need a close up shot of the front of your helmet showing the Hovi mic detail.

RThanks for your patience, we are going through your application now. :)

• Like 2

Hovi tip detail photo added.

I also noticed that the sniper knee had detached from the outside... that has been corrected, and pics added to the thread. If I need to suit up and retake the full size pics, I can.

Hey there, Gary! Thank you for your application to Expert Infantry. Let's take look at your armor!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos are present and your armor meets all criteria for Level certification.

With that we would like to congratulate and welcome you to the Expert Infantry rank. :duim:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

This section is where I will summarize observations of both ourselves and your fellow troopers. If any upgrades are suggested, they go toward the best final look of your armor. If these changes affect any application, I will list that separate above or below this section.

Aside from a couple of minor tweaks, that you are already attending too, plus those shoulder bridges which we will elaborate on in the section below, you have a nice and tidy build, you cant go past an AP kit well constructed.

Centurion Suggestions:

Ok on to those shoulder bridges.   They do stick up quite aways off you back plate, so the simplest way to re bend them is by adding some heat. You have two options here.

1. Heat gun, but be very cautions if you choose to use one of these as they are unforgiving if you over heat the ABS.

2. Hot water bath. This is far gentler, but will take more time to bend a better curve. You will need to fill a deep pot with water and bring it to the boil.Take it off the stove and wit until it boils no more, then immerse the bridge into the water and hold it in there for a couple of minutes. When you take it out , hold it in a better arc, and then run it under cold water to try and fix the ABS. You may need to repeat this sequence a couple of times for each side.

20160327_145437_zpsyalgdnro.jpg

gallery_14191_17_6136_zpsj0gz6vxm.jpg

We think if you attend to the above suggestion, you are a prime candidate for Centurion.

Follow the photo reference guide and add all appropriate images, make sure your armor is balanced and no gaps where there shouldn't be, then you will make the cut.

Again, congratulations Trooper :salute:

• Like 2

Wow Gary, so quick from basic approval to EIB! Congrats! I hope that I can apply for EIB this fast after basic!

Thanks! I went into my build with Centurion in mind, so making sure things were as close to EIB as I could be as I put things together helped a ton.

Plus, it meant one set of pics for both! :D

• Like 2