Ammo pouch, to dye or to spray?

What has worked best for YOU? Ive talked to a few members that have pointed me towards spray painting ammo pouches black, and just masking off the buttons...and i already have the spray paint handy....and also dye for another project.....but what say YOU?

If it's leather, you'll need to ascertain if there's a coating on the leather (waxy, acrylic, PU etc).<br><br>

If not, I use Fiebings edge kote, which covers much better than their regular dyes.<br><br>

If there IS a coating, you'll need to try and remove it with acetone and steel wool.<br><br>

Or just spray them black :D

Ive heard dying it will start rubbing off on your armor though? This is according to a source, not from personal experience obviously

I've done both but I settled on using black plasti dip on my canvas ones. It gives it kind of a rubbery coating and it doesn't rub off. I like because it flexes with the fabric so it doesnt flake off. It also colors the thread around the edges whereas the dye did not stick to the thread in my first few attempts.