ANOVOS; Major customer service issue

Almost three months ago now I sent my ANOVOS standard line first order stormtrooper helmet back because of an issue with a huge gap above the vocoder. Since then I haven't received a single word about when to expect my replacement, even though I've desperately been trying to contact them through email, phone, and their ticket system. Does anyone have any insight into this situation or know a way to contact them?

• Like 1

Search your email (the one on file with them) for ANOVOS. When you find the original email you received when entering your ticket with them, open the same link in it and see if there is updated information in the ticket. I have recently done the same thing and found out that ere were updates in December, January, and February, but I did not receive any new emails about the updates. Hopefully you'll find updates as I did.

Anovos recently posted that there was a issue with the ticket system with hotmail .com and co.uk email address's and was advising people to use an alternate email address. I have done this and still after 2 weeks no response.

Ā 

For me it's been over 3 months since I received my FO helmet with defects. Lots of emails and messages sent but no answers...

I opened a support ticket for soft goods and no response after two weeks. I then sent customer service an email with my order number and received a response and pre-paid return label two days later.

I think the issue is their support ticket system.

• Like 1

Thanks, Brian!

Ā 

Good info for sure. Ā I've had two FO TK helmets to return to them. Ā The first, they told me to hold onto it so I would have one to troop with in the meantime, the second came damaged as well so I had to return both of them and that's what the above ticket situation was about for me.

Ā 

To be fair, I've had nothing but good dealings with their customer service (even if it was particularly slow at times - usually when major conventions were happening as they are not a large company) so far when trying to address issues.

Search your email (the one on file with them) for ANOVOS. When you find the original email you received when entering your ticket with them, open the same link in it and see if there is updated information in the ticket. I have recently done the same thing and found out that ere were updates in December, January, and February, but I did not receive any new emails about the updates. Hopefully you'll find updates as I did.

Ā 

I've been checking their ticket system daily, no reply from them since they sent the shipping label for the return almost three months ago.

• Like 1

Hello mate, I've had problems too and after months of getting no replies or updates I have in the end complained to Disney about ANOVOS, since they are selling licensed Disney products. So far I have had more contact with Disney in the last week and a bit than I have from ANOVOS since I let them know my TFA trooper helmet arrived in the U.K. damaged.<br>

Just thinking it might be an angle to try if you get no joy from ANOVOS.<br><br>

Cheers Mark.....TK222

• Like 1

I had nearly exact same experience as you. Ordered a First Order Stormtrooper helmet from them which came with defects. Requested a replacement and returned the helmet to them. After weeks of no replies they told me it will take another 5-6 weeks for a replacement helmet. I told them to just give me a refund and I got my money back about a week later. This all happened in a span of 3 months. Their customer service is terrible. Shameful even. Especially for a licensed company.Ā 

I had nearly exact same experience as you. Ordered a First Order Stormtrooper helmet from them which came with defects. Requested a replacement and returned the helmet to them. After weeks of no replies they told me it will take another 5-6 weeks for a replacement helmet. I told them to just give me a refund and I got my money back about a week later. This all happened in a span of 3 months. Their customer service is terrible. Shameful even. Especially for a licensed company.Ā 

I'm thinking of actually just asking for a refund, hopefully they'll respond if I do.

I called last week and requested that somebody call me back in 48 hours or I will request a refund through my credit card company. No response. It's been almost three months now.

Ā 

Motto:

Stop purchasing products from individuals or company's that monopolize certain sectors of this hobby and clearly don't give a rat's a** about the consumer.

All the while... making money hand over fist in the process

Edited by cjdesign

• 2 months later...

Update on my defective Anovos FO standard helmet...

Ā 

Received the helmet in the first shipping run back in December a week before xmas...

Ā 

Many defects and scuffs/scratches present on the helmet...Tickets opened, emails sent...Finally back in March I was told I was on the list to receive a returns label for a helmet exchange...

Ā 

Now we are in June and it seems the exchange policy has changed...I have had Brian from Anovos customer service demand that I destroy the received helmet and supply photographic evidence to confirm it is in pieces before a replacement is sent out! They claim that this is the policy for international returns and also a requirement with the licence they have...Now my gut instinct is not to smash the helmet up as they have no stock to exchange and god knows when Anovos pull their finger out to replenish the stock levels...

Ā 

I'm guessing Anovos now don't want to incur the cost of shipping the defective helmet from the UK to the US. I should also point out that I started a charge back with my credit card back around April. I have received a temporary credit for the purchase/shipping cost of the helmet but Anovos are disputing the claim and I honestly can't see this ending any time soon.Ā 

Ā 

My credit card company are saying they have done all they can do!! They even said to be prepared in case this goes to court!

Ā 

Are the demands made by Anovos seem reasonable to destroy the defective helmet? Anyone else having the same or similar issue's with Anovos?

Hello mate, don't smash your helmet up!!! I had the same instructions and refused point blank and a good job I did as what I received was in a worse condition to my original!!!<br>

Tell them you will destroy it when you recieve the new one and your happy with it, put it to them that they have your credit card details and if you don't send them evidence of smashing the helmet they can charge you again.<br>

The only thing is you will get charged import duty again on the new helmet.<br><br>

Cheers<br><br>

Mark.....TK222

Hello mate, don't smash your helmet up!!! I had the same instructions and refused point blank and a good job I did as what I received was in a worse condition to my original!!!<br>

Tell them you will destroy it when you recieve the new one and your happy with it, put it to them that they have your credit card details and if you don't send them evidence of smashing the helmet they can charge you again.<br>

The only thing is you will get charged import duty again on the new helmet.<br><br>

Cheers<br><br>

Mark.....TK222

Ā 

Hey Mark,

Ā 

What you have stated is my biggest concern...The replacement arrives in worse condition than the first! It seems they have no quality control!

Ā 

I can't believe that you had to pay the import duty again...Did they not mark the parcel as "Returns"Ā 

Ā 

In the end did you destroy one of the helmets and give them the photographic proof?

Ā 

Bryan

Hi Bryan,<br>

Your right mate, it appears there is no quality control going on. The replacement I received was damaged in exactly the same area as my original, but worse!! It was scuffed and marked all over( as if someone had been trooping in it for a year or so!!!). So I decided just to stick with my original So I put a hammer through the replacement and sent them the images of that.<br>

I told them I was not prepared to destroy the helmet until the replacement arrived as it had taken so long to get to the point of them agreeing to send a replacement 'how could I be certain they would send out the replacement?'.<br><br>

The import duty was heavily reduced to around Ā£15. as its dependant on the value ANOVOS chose to put on the invoice. It would have been better though if the replacement had been in good condition, but I felt I had at least got them to acknowledge their product wasn't upto standards.<br><br>

As you say, I can't believe that they have changed their returns policy but you are right it is down to them not wanting to stand the charge of the returns back to USA but if they quality checked the stuff first they would not need to stand the return costs or the cost of shipping out a replacement.<br><br>

Just keep on at them mate, that's what I did, I even complained to Disney about ANOVOS!!!<br><br>

Hope this helps pal.<br><br>

Cheers <br><br>

Mark.....TK222

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I purchased the top of the line Anovos Shoretrooper helmet only to find that it is a poorly fitting helmet. It pushes firmly down on my nose so I added all the padding. Still not much helps. I asked Anovos for an exchange for a death trooper helmet with added money but they gave me the All sales are final and they will only exchange if there's a defect. I told them the defect was a poor fitting helmet! They continue to deflect my request. I've purchased two other premium helmets so I think I would be an important customer to keep happy. They just slapped me in the face with their Superior products complex.

Hi Dan,<br>

Unfortunately in ANOVOS eyes your not important, you are just another customer. I believe that since they got licensed by Disney they aren't really bothered about customers or it may be a case that the job is too big for them. If you read through the earlier post Bryan (TK3645) had some pre orders with ANOVOS and they cancelled these and closed his account after he complained. All I can suggest is keep complaining until you manage to get hold of someone who does seem to care and will get it sorted or complain to Disney as I did. It seems to me that in your case ANOVOS probably see the shipping of the helmet back to them and then sending you the new helmet of choice not a financially viable exercise, but obviously from your side you want it exchanged. Just keep on complaining and contact Disney too!!<br><br>

Cheers <br><br>

Mark.....TK222

In the UK fit would probably be covered under distance selling regulations but 1: I don't know where you live and 2: I doubt those would apply to private imports (like this would be) anyway. Ā 

Ā 

Is there anything in the US law that covers online purchases like this? Rough gist of the UK law is you get up to 7 days after reciept to change your mind with a few asterisks applied.

Ā 

If there's nothing similar I fail to see how Anovos is in the wrong? Ā Their terms state that all sales are final and they reserve the right to refuse any exchange.

Ā 

Now whilst I may have their TK I'm not on team Anovos here. Ā Their service is proving to be alarmingly bad and I'm vocal on this in a number of places. Ā But in this case, I don't see what they did wrong.

• Like 1