Looking for a good glove source.

I'm looking around and having a hard time sourcing gloves. Most chemical gloves I find are averaging $50-$70. I'm on a tight budget for such parts any tips where to look?

Hey Rat,
I think you're looking at the wrong kind of chemical gloves. Not the expensive PVC gloves, you want the rubber gloves around $5 per pair. Try Home Depot, or trooperbay.com   The Home depot gloves are quite a bit thinner rubber than the ones trooperbay carries.  I tore mine in half trying to squeeze them on.  Trooperbay's are pretty sturdy.  :duim:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Firm-Grip-Long-Cuff-Neoprene-Gloves/20918588

Wall Mart. $4.97.

------------

Lowes. $7.98

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Grease-Monkey-Neoprene-Large-Long-Cuff-Gloves-23403/202188317

Home Depot $3.97.

Andy

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

You smell that? Do you smell that? Troopers Helping Troopers, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Troopers Helping Troopers in the morning.  

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 5

If you go to Walmart and look for chemical gloves they will run you about $7 or so. If you go through the automotive department of Walmart they have black rubber gloves that are the same material as the chemical gloves but has a pretty frilly design that you can simply use a knife to cut off and pay $2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slight thread hijack, but any suggestions for more breathable ones? Or does rubber end up being ok.

Use the rubber gloves to get accepted, submission pictures. On troops, I use a tactical winter glove. Where what's comfortable, just make sure it's black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jason and Andy I thought perhaps I was looking in the wrong places. I was pretty sure I had heard that $5-$10 range on them and then kept running into above stated prices.<br><br>

Tim as always you're there with the obvious good and helpful cheer. <br><br>

Thank you gentlemen.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

So these gloves can be cut down right? Also what are some good options for leather? I'd like to keep it around $20 if possible.<br><br>

Jason any ideas for our local area here in Vancouver or Portland?

So these gloves can be cut down right? Also what are some good options for leather? I'd like to keep it around $20 if possible.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Jason any ideas for our local area here in Vancouver or Portland?

Assuming you're using with a TK, the long chemical gloves tuck nicely into the forearm piece. Use cotton glove liners to help reduce the sweat build-up within the gloves. Edited by humperdingle

Assuming you're using with a TK, the long chemical gloves tuck nicely into the forearm piece. Use cotton glove liners to help reduce the sweat build-up within the gloves.

Yeah TK of course, I was just thinking trimming them down a bit.

Yeah TK of course, I was just thinking trimming them down a bit.

Problem with doing that, is that 1. You will lose the reinforced 'lip' around the edge of the opening, and 2. The loose nature of the wrist section may crumple and cover parts of the forearm section of armour. Trial and error, though, you find what suits you when trooping :)

On 3/17/2016 at 12:40 AM, Dark CMF said:

You smell that? Do you smell that? Troopers Helping Troopers, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Troopers Helping Troopers in the morning.  

-------------

Smells like... VICTORY!

• Like 1

So I ended up going with some grease monkey gloves. Now I have a question, is there a way to get rid of the powdery look? I would like to get a little more of a black look, as they are they look dried out.

So I ended up going with some grease monkey gloves. Now I have a question, is there a way to get rid of the powdery look? I would like to get a little more of a black look, as they are they look dried out.

What about some of that "Back to black" spray, for black plastic car parts?

What about some of that "Back to black" spray, for black plastic car parts?<br><br>

My first thought was a light coat of mineral oil, but that may be a better option. Thanks.