Anovos belt, removing holster screws?

Ok so most people seem to be doing this. Removing two of the screws and covering the holes with some material from the back of the belt. Makes sense. Now I was wondering why it couldn't it be acceptable to just cover up the screws holess with the screws inserted so that I still have the strength of 4 screws but two are hidden. I'm not going to challenge the CRL on this but I have seen someone who used two screws on their anovos belt and the weight of it tore the belt at the holes. <br />I mean as long as it's hidden. Same way the internal rigging if the suit is different for many people but it's fine because it's hidden. For now I suppose I'll have to role with 2 screws :L

Which method for covering these holes anyway? Glue or sewn?

20160305_115901.thumb.jpg.de25ecd051461b42d1438963f148a6df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I see no issue for covering the screws , but I think the " bigger picture" here is that the whole Anavos belt is a total failure , and all owners need to seriously consider replacing it .<br>

It's not just the Hero hole issue , it's also the fact that it is far too thin , and just looks totally wrong when being worn .

• Like 3

Well said, Rob.  Why they chose to not reinforce the belt is beyond me, as it sags and bunches something awful, and with any sort of repairs I seriously don't think it may be approved at the highest level.  Considering the fact that Anovos supplied the holster, (actually a quite nice one), shelling out some extra money for a quality belt seems the way to go.  

And one more question; doing this mod makes it more like "hero" or "stunt"? Which one again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hero has 4 fasteners, Stunt has 2.

• Like 1

Can you not put the patches at the back? And use a glue/canvas slurry to patch over the tiny hole at front?

Yes, that's the first option that has been suggested and supported before. The question in this thread (see beginning) is to keep 4 screws and cover the top two. It is more unsightly, but better for "hidden strength".

Yes, that's the first option that has been suggested and supported before. The question in this thread (see beginning) is to keep 4 screws and cover the top two. It is more unsightly, but better for "hidden strength".

Doh! :D
  • Like 1

Can you not put the patches at the back? And use a glue/canvas slurry to patch over the tiny hole at front?

I did this and when I submitted for 501st approval I only got asked about a return edge which I fixed. Waiting on second round checks for my other items but the belt mod seems to be okay at the moment.

34e420351492a0b11c9224f8c2950e99.jpg

To be fair I did remove the screws so the patches were smaller.

I cut the circles from behind this Velcro. I have been following UKSwath's Anovos build thread. :)

Thanks Geektechlive. I will probably just give it a shot as I planned, (larger circles) and see if it makes a noticeable difference in my pictures to the 501st. I can always just get a better belt.

Thanks Geektechlive. I will probably just give it a shot as I planned, (larger circles) and see if it makes a noticeable difference in my pictures to the 501st. I can always just get a better belt.

No problems. I'm officially approved for 501st now so they definitely are legitimate modifications.

I salute you and UKSwath as TK41973 !

• 2 weeks later...

I was working on mine last night. Count me as one more with the epoxy from hell. I don't know what that pink glue Anovos used but I too have 3 big holes in my belt now to fix. That stuff is just crazy.

Edited by mikidymac

• 4 weeks later...

Good enough for 501st approval?

Not glued yet, but everyone gets the gist.

316ebf0cb3aeb2e798ac16dfbe2afe2f.jpg

If you modify the stock Anovos cloth belt it will only be good for Basic or EIB approval.  You will have to replace the cloth part of the belt completely to reach Centurion approval.  This was confirmed by Ukswrath in his build thread.
Edited by E_Palpatine

If you modify the stock Anovos cloth belt it will only be good for Basic or EIB approval. You will have to replace the cloth part of the belt completely to reach Centurion approval. This was confirmed by Ukswrath in his build thread.

I'm surprised it's allowed for eib tbh...

Personally if it was me I'd just replace the belt, it's easier and quicker and solves every problem it has in one move...

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again...