T K's ANOVOS Stunt Build

Great Progress Aaron!

I know you are just about done with the bucket, but be mindful of the mic tips. Depends on what level you are going for, the outside tips and inside of the mics should be white.

It's a lot of work and a lot of money, but its worth it at the end. You are almost there bud!

Great Progress Aaron!

I know you are just about done with the bucket, but be mindful of the mic tips. Depends on what level you are going for, the outside tips and inside of the mics should be white.

It's a lot of work and a lot of money, but its worth it at the end. You are almost there bud!

Thanks!

But the outside of the tips are supposed to be white??? What do you mean?

And after looking on the inside, it isn't really white! I was surprised, since they were supposed to be white when I ordered them from Tony.  I'm not going for Centurion, but this will keep me from getting EIB? They are a light grey on the inside, which is a bummer.

Thanks!

But the outside of the tips are supposed to be white??? What do you mean?

And after looking on the inside, it isn't really white! I was surprised, since they were supposed to be white when I ordered them from Tony.  I'm not going for Centurion, but this will keep me from getting EIB? They are a light grey on the inside, which is a bummer.

I think he meant that the edge should be white. The mic tips are black on the outside and white on the inside...might be hard to tell white from light grey with the mesh in front. And regarding the edge, I've seen a lot of both and ended up painting them black and sanding the paint off. The helmets were treated roughly and that's how a lot of them ended up looking on screen.

• Like 1

And about now I'm regretting only buying twenty magnets, as I want to pound out the biceps, thighs, and shins soon. That will be my goal for tomorrow. I also have school off Monday, so this thing is going to get done!

More like very close. ;)

I think he meant that the edge should be white. The mic tips are black on the outside and white on the inside...might be hard to tell white from light grey with the mesh in front. And regarding the edge, I've seen a lot of both and ended up painting them black and sanding the paint off. The helmets were treated roughly and that's how a lot of them ended up looking on screen.

Yup what he said lol...

i'm talking about the outside edge of the tips. The outside of the mics are black as seen.

• Like 1

So I have a problem with strapping... And I am furious at myself.

I tried each piece on my body and it fit well. Well At least I thought it did...

IMG_5836_zps74g94ftq.jpg

IMG_5840_zpsgayk7yxp.jpg

IMG_5842%20copy_zpswuoflnjy.jpg

Any tips? I thought I was getting close.. Argh!

How tall are you again?

How the back plate and front plates sit are going to be determined by your height (and how much of the height is in your torso). You may just need to pull everything higher, so the backplate hits your shoulders and the ab and chest plates overlap properly.

The side strapping will help a little, to pull those sides in. You MIGHT need to add some foam... definitely get the strapping done and try foam before cutting anything. You may need to heat treat the butt plate to pull it in a little, but that can wait until all other avenue are exhausted.

You're also wearing jeans, essentially, not an undersuit. definitely don't make any permanent changes until you try it all on with something closer to a legit undersuit. (got any tight long underwear or sports compression tops and bottoms?)

• Like 1

How tall are you again?How the back plate and front plates sit are going to be determined by your height (and how much of the height is in your torso). You may just need to pull everything higher, so the backplate hits your shoulders and the ab and chest plates overlap properly.The side strapping will help a little, to pull those sides in. You MIGHT need to add some foam... definitely get the strapping done and try foam before cutting anything. You may need to heat treat the butt plate to pull it in a little, but that can wait until all other avenue are exhausted.You're also wearing jeans, essentially, not an undersuit. definitely don't make any permanent changes until you try it all on with something closer to a legit undersuit. (got any tight long underwear or sports compression tops and bottoms?)

Yeah, I realized the jeans. I'm 5'9". And foam is the way to go. I'll try what you suggested.

Lucky guy. :) At 5'9" this should fit you nicely, vertically!I recommend burgers and beer, as a much more enjoyable way to fill out your armor. ;)

Haha! Well, the strap connecting my ab and kidney on the right side was messed up. I'll post photos soon.

The belt would hold everything together correctly, also shorten the shoulder strap to fit your back better.

I'll try the belt. And I redid the shoulder straps. Pics soon!

To keep the sides aligned, even with the belt on, I added a tab/slot configuration using spare ABS.

WP_20160331_21_34_57_Pro_zpsiphpcqqq.jpg

WP_20160331_21_34_37_Pro_zpsamrpc29t.jpg

When I put on the ab/kidney/posterior combo, I slide the tab into the slot I created, and then slightly stretch the snap to hold it all together.

This keeps the belt from pulling the bottom inward, and making everything out of alignment.

Just an idea to consider. :)

• Like 4

Ouch, empty holster and that Anovos belt is still sagging fiercely. Any chance you have the sewing shops to reinforce it? Else you might think about upgrading that sooner rather than later.

The butt plate is still winging out on the sides. Maybe try to give it a water bath to bend it in?

Did you add foam inside? The armor looks a bit better, in the kidney/ab junction, but still overlapping a bit. The tab system Sentry71 recommended is good, but since we Anovos folks lack that kind of spare material, you may have to fabricate something from a Home Depot for sale sign, or something like that, if you want to go that route.

• Like 1

To keep the sides aligned, even with the belt on, I added a tab/slot configuration using spare ABS.

WP_20160331_21_34_57_Pro_zpsiphpcqqq.jpg

WP_20160331_21_34_37_Pro_zpsamrpc29t.jpg

When I put on the ab/kidney/posterior combo, I slide the tab into the slot I created, and then slightly stretch the snap to hold it all together.

This keeps the belt from pulling the bottom inward, and making everything out of alignment.

Just an idea to consider. :)

Did you do this on both sides? I'm curious! Been thinking about doing something similar.

Ouch, empty holster and that Anovos belt is still sagging fiercely. Any chance you have the sewing shops to reinforce it? Else you might think about upgrading that sooner rather than later.The butt plate is still winging out on the sides. Maybe try to give it a water bath to bend it in?Did you add foam inside? The armor looks a bit better, in the kidney/ab junction, but still overlapping a bit. The tab system Sentry71 recommended is good, but since we Anovos folks lack that kind of spare material, you may have to fabricate something from a Home Depot for sale sign, or something like that, if you want to go that route.

Yeah, this is the forst time I put on the belt with the armor. I thought (beforehand) that I could use this belt for a while then upgrade, but I am going to order a new one today. Is this the belt you got? (http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19803-fs-white-canvas-belts/) And I'll try the tab system.

Yeah, this is the forst time I put on the belt with the armor. I thought (beforehand) that I could use this belt for a while then upgrade, but I am going to order a new one today. Is this the belt you got? (http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19803-fs-white-canvas-belts/) And I'll try the tab system.

Yes, this is the canvas belt a lot of us use. TKittell does a great job with them! You will love it.

Edited by illusionz_09
  • Like 2

The butt plate is still winging out on the sides. Maybe try to give it a water bath to bend it in?

So just put the ends of the but plate in boiling water and bend it to fit my body?  Okay! :duim: