SupRsloth's ANOVOS ANH Stunt TK Build

SupRsloth

The shoulders keep wanting to pull my chest to shoulder straps out from under the shoulder straps.. Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening. It looks pretty terrible when it does this. Pretty consistent.

20160406_195403_zpstn3yqn9r.jpg

I'm having the same issue, where the elastic under the shoulder strap gets pulled outward. I'm going to try doubling up the white elastic, and see if that adds some rigidity. I'll report back on success or failure of that option.

Open to other ideas, though.

• Like 1

I'm having the same issue, where the elastic under the shoulder strap gets pulled outward. I'm going to try doubling up the white elastic, and see if that adds some rigidity. I'll report back on success or failure of that option.

Open to other ideas, though.

I thought about industrial velcro from the white elastic to the shoulder straps. However they won't be "free floating" any longer. Looking forward to hearing your results.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I run white industrial Velcro between my abs shoulder straps and the white elastic shoulder straps. It keeps the white elastic hidden well, and also retains the ABS shoulder strap from moving around. Combined with the small white elastic and a good heat bend on the shoulder straps, the straps lay nice and flat on my back plate. You're right, they won't be free-floating, but it secures the whole area better and looks "tight".

I also debated doing a snap between the abs and elastic shoulder straps but never put it together to test. It might work too.

• Like 1

I run white industrial Velcro between my abs shoulder straps and the white elastic shoulder straps. It keeps the white elastic hidden well, and also retains the ABS shoulder strap from moving around. Combined with the small white elastic and a good heat bend on the shoulder straps, the straps lay nice and flat on my back plate. You're right, they won't be free-floating, but it secures the whole area better and looks "tight".

I also debated doing a snap between the abs and elastic shoulder straps but never put it together to test. It might work too.

So maybe I'll just keep tucking in the snap for my submittal pictures and then velcro it for real troop ing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by SupRsloth
  • Like 1

Here's the pile of finished parts.  Quite the journey.  Started on February 13th and just under two months later this is what I have to show for it.  Doesn't look like much but this project has been a great escape for me during a pretty stressful time.   I've enjoyed every minute of it including the screw ups I've made along the way.  Feeling pretty accomplished.    :)   Will be applying for 501st approval this weekend and then hopefully onto EIB.   

20160407_183030_zpsjule2uma.jpg

• Like 2

Woo! I started around the same time and I'm finishing up now too! Have some strapping/snap plates left. Good luck with your application!

• Like 2

Woo! I started around the same time and I'm finishing up now too! Have some strapping/snap plates left. Good luck with your application!

Feels good to near the end doesn't it!   Although I'm sure the tweaking will never stop......

• Like 1

Speaking of additional work I completed one more project for the weekend.   Got a Husky Job Box.   Used a twin bed mattress pad to line the sides and bottom and leftover foam to line the top (attached to the box with industrial strength Velcro.  Had some old bed sheets that I cut up to keep parts from rubbing on each other.  I didn't get fancy and make bags for each piece just simply wrapped the cut up sheets around the parts.  I was able to fit everything in the box except for my helmet.  I'm thinking I could get the helmet in there with some fancy packing but will probably just carry it in a separate helmet bag.  

20160410_155217_zpscwwmxebp.jpg

y4mMZMd8BwRQNHVvdzmu4lsmMKzRMl8AphqVxOwi

y4mX_r4Z_kdVU5KU18bHn8Ldm1aKvGfAKOrfMEDT

Edited by SupRsloth

Normally yellowing on armor is caused by UV rays. The mattress pads themselves tend to yellow with age, but I don't think you need to worry about it affecting the armor.

• Like 1