Centurion Kidney notch: staff clarification?

Hi all, I wanted to clarify: is the kidney notch supposed to be over the butt / kidney seam, or should it be closest to the vertical line where the ab and kidney meet?

I'm considering modding my ATA TK to pass for Centurion, but I've read 2 opposing descriptions and I lost track if there was a new thread about this.

This centurion application says nearest the ab / kidney.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30490-tk-61972-requesting-anh-hero-centurion-status-ne157/#entry391164

That's confirmed by the current CRL

Squared cut-out sections at the lower left and right corners of the Kidney Armor.

• The cut out is roughly 22 mm tall from the bottom and 22 mm in from the side.

But this post says keep it near the butt plate.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35005-kidney-notch-issue/page-2#entry457647

Sorry to bring this up again. I'm not trying to be a S#^& disturber, I just want to make sure I get this right before I cut into something I can't fix.

Thanks!

Edited by pandatrooper
  • Like 2

We've been discussing how to best improve the language on this bit. But whatever ends up in ink, if you make it look like the picture, you'll always be golden.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Tony and I are trying to keep consistency with what Steve was doing while he was DO, He preferred it under the rivets which is at the seam.

This was the preferred location for any armour that needed to be shimmed or where the check outs weren't in the moulds like AP used to be.

I think we will have a finalised answer after the elections, as it is better timing for making any change to the language on the CRL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd suggest waiting until after the elections and seeing how the next DL makes a decision before making a decision. Needless to say, it's definitely something that will get clarified.

• Like 1

I am also curious about this as well, especially since the ANOVOS Kit has this detail in the mold. I am going to have to shim my armor and have been wondering whether I should leave the cutout where it is molded on the kidney piece, or trim it off and then ad the shim with the notch added at it's edge. I prefer the look of the molded in notch over just cutting a square out of the corner of the shim, but I'm faced with the possibility of the notch then not being in the right place for centurion approval.