Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Build date: 1020340506-abs80.473sh.... (AKA Page 38)

Not to whine.. but wow..

Health Warning... Making this kind of leap of faith can be detrimental to your health. Laughs..

Since the day I made the choice to purchase my trooper gear I have only been sleeping 3-4 hours per night.. (tracked via Fitbit) and being restless 14-25 times a night with an average of 3 times fully awake per night. After months of this it has really worn me down.

I have tried everything to help me sleep better, but I don't know if it's the excitement of it all, the stress and worry of the up and coming tweaks or pressure to get 501st approved to join all my new friends or what it is.. it has been a real battle.

It all caught up to me and dealt me a blow of a great little cold again.. so.. last night I went to bed early.. and although it was an all night battle I managed to get almost 6 hours of sleep... I woke up feeling more rested than I have in ages. Now if I could just get rid of the feeling of wanting to vomit all over the place I'd be awesome. Laugh.. Anyway.. another day of work.. and I think I'll push for another early night tonight to try to recharge again..

I have tried everything to help me sleep and get rest. Adjusting my sleeping pattern, exercising more, being more active all around.. doing all I can to wear myself out.

Could it be the stress I'm under at work, home and with the thoughts on my Armor???? I don't know..

I do know that 3-4 hours a night for the past 3 months has really taken it's toll to the point of almost being sleep deprivation. I swear I have tried everything to help me sleep and it's just not working.

I shouldn't have to battle to get rest.. Last night I went to bed at 4:30pm. I know.. I get up at 3AM for work so keep that in mind. Anyway.. I had to fight from 4:30 PM until 3 AM to get sleep. 11 hours of bed rest to get 5.8 hours of sleep. I've had everything checked because stuff like this could be signs of so many things from heart issues to illnesses blah blah blah..

I think I'm going a little squirrelly!

I have tried staying up later, going to bed earlier, adjusting when I eat, drink, water, bathroom..

My room is in complete Darkness.. and I mean pitch black. I can't get fresh air so I've got a fan circulating the air in my room. There is no way I can get complete silence so now I now sleep with ear plugs. I take a hot shower before bed, stay clear of tea and try a little meditation right before bed.

Anyway.. it sucks.. so if anyone has any ideas or tips to help a up and coming trooper get some sleep.. please let me know..

Thanks

Edited by Brattie

psst.. the jawa is coming along too!!

Cloth_zpsiib5wbz2.jpg

hehehehehe.. shhhh

That's a great shade of brown!

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

:) Shhh.. it's a secret.. I swear my Garrison is going to kill me for doing a Jawa backup.. laughs.. "Great another tall Jawa" chuckles

• Like 2

Question to the 501st Universe..

If I end up with my Jawa done first.. I am going to apply for my 501st application.. should I select the ID I want? Like if I want TK-70926 as my ID.. would I set up my Jawa to be DZ-70926??

How does that work?

Advice would be great as it looks like my Jawa might be ready before my TK is.

• Like 1

:) Shhh.. it's a secret.. I swear my Garrison is going to kill me for doing a Jawa backup.. laughs.. "Great another tall Jawa" chuckles

You will need to wear your Jawa hood with your trooper armor when you have it all set up. Make sure you are holding a ion blaster as well. Hehe..!

• Like 2

Question to the 501st Universe..

If I end up with my Jawa done first.. I am going to apply for my 501st application.. should I select the ID I want? Like if I want TK-70926 as my ID.. would I set up my Jawa to be DZ-70926??

How does that work?

Advice would be great as it looks like my Jawa might be ready before my TK is.

I believe the number does carry across but I don't speak from experience.

• Like 2

Garrison mates  cleared it up .. so letting ya'll know too.. it does carry over the Letters just change.

• Like 2

If you get approved with your jawa first, you'll have the DZ identifier because that's the detachment. Don't get too hung up on the detachment identifier. It's not like once you get your TK done you can't be called TK-#####. I have a guy in my garrison who has a costume in every single detachment. He even has a Mando Merc costume too.  

Sounds like you need to de-stress. Go out Friday with your girlfriends and hit up the closest space port's cantina. 

• Like 1

I couldn't sleep either when mine was on the way Ange. You are sooooooooo lucky yours is ready to wear because now I can't sleep with all the nightmares I've been having of trimming and assembly malfunctions, knife wounds, heat gun fires and the worst one never finishing the damn thing.

• Like 2

Couldn't agree more Jason.. but I'm off to deal with the Units .. AKA My Parents.. this weekend for Mudders day.. Laughs

Nah our's is the same as your's.

I thought you guys celebrated Mum's Day last month like the Brits. I have 3 troops tomorrow for May the Fourth Be With You and 2 on Saturday. I have to go BIG on Sunday to appease the wifey. 

I couldn't sleep either when mine was on the way Ange. You are sooooooooo lucky yours is ready to wear because now I can't sleep with all the nightmares I've been having of trimming and assembly malfunctions, knife wounds, heat gun fires and the worst one never finishing the damn thing.

Hey Davie.. don't worry too much.. that's what Garrison mates are for.. reach out to your local Garrison for help.. they have Armor parties and such.. see if you can find someone closer to you so you can get some help.. it was amazing fun and great advice and I had nothing at the one I went to but my bucket!!

First thing first...

May%20the%204th_zpsbrwn0dne.png

Lastly.. I adjusted my bucket pads. I found that totally removing the top "Meat" pad from the bucket moved my eyes up further and made it easier to see.. I know this isn't the idea thing.. but I did add padding to the sides here and there and a little on the back to try to balance out the bucket more. Now I can spin my head around with very little movement or obstruction of the eyes... will see how this does for a bit.

• Like 1

The number you choose is yours forever. The only thing that changes is the letters before I'm TK 21421 when I finish my Sandtrooper that on will be TD 21421. <br><br>

It was good finally meeting you at the toy con on Sunday sorry it wasn't a good day for me. I was suffering from my previously dislocated rib from a few weeks ago that was aggravated from a 4 hour troop the night before and Sundays troop was too much for it.

• Like 1

I'll post it as soon as I get home.. I took out the top pad which is in previous pictures and added other grey military pads to the back and sides

• Like 1

In my AP helmet I have 2 sets of military pads in there; 5 smaller grey pads around the side perimeter, 2 large grey pads on the top with 1 small grey pad and then 2 rows of black pads along either side of the middle. The front side pads are directly over the helmet screws I made holes in the back of those pads to fit over them flush. I have the 2 battery packs on either side of my helmet in between the side pads for my Echo fans. All pads are Velcro-ed in.

It worked out pretty good until I tried out my TM helmet...wow what a difference, the TM (Troopmaster) comes with the screen accurate way of padding with the starfish foam that is 3/4" thick and has a chin strap too. I've trooped twice with the TM and it kills for comfort over the military padding. The chin strap holds the helmet firm not wobbling at all, the foam is just set in not attached so easy to take out and clean. Its screen accurate and crazy comfortable. I'd say grab some 3/4" foam and cut it out to the shape and away you go. 

Inside the AP Helmet:

20160306_132953_zpsymhmemhh.jpg

Inside the TM helmet

20160421_214855_zps047tjmv8.jpg

20160421_214907_zpsveobz6y2.jpg

• Like 2

I really like your setup Christina, I will try to base mine off of that. What I like about the eva is that it can be shape however I like. I may have to double up though because this stuff is like 1/2" thick.

In my AP helmet I have 2 sets of military pads in there; 5 smaller grey pads around the side perimeter, 2 large grey pads on the top with 1 small grey pad and then 2 rows of black pads along either side of the middle. The front side pads are directly over the helmet screws I made holes in the back of those pads to fit over them flush. I have the 2 battery packs on either side of my helmet in between the side pads for my Echo fans. All pads are Velcro-ed in.

It worked out pretty good until I tried out my TM helmet...wow what a difference, the TM (Troopmaster) comes with the screen accurate way of padding with the starfish foam that is 3/4" thick and has a chin strap too. I've trooped twice with the TM and it kills for comfort over the military padding. The chin strap holds the helmet firm not wobbling at all, the foam is just set in not attached so easy to take out and clean. Its screen accurate and crazy comfortable. I'd say grab some 3/4" foam and cut it out to the shape and away you go. 

Inside the AP Helmet:

20160306_132953_zpsymhmemhh.jpg

Inside the TM helmet

20160421_214855_zps047tjmv8.jpg

20160421_214907_zpsveobz6y2.jpg