TK-71823 Requesting ANH EIB Status [AM] [521]

Hey @GunnerD, I'm really sorry if you took offense to what I wrote - not my intention at all so please forgive me! Everyone reads text differently, plus the fact that we're setting our beloved kits up to be "judged" isn't exactly easy so I totally understand! I don't know if it helps, but I just want you to know my intentions are purely to help out :rolleyes: Just wanted share with you the things I recently had to do on my Centurion journey, even though I got a new kit from RS (it was up to CRL standrads, but Centurion is a little different ofc)! :) 

As said before, the Deployment Officers tell you what you have to fix so you can take everything I said to the dumpster if you want :laugh1:, that is kind of what I want you to do in a way!
The 3 things I mentioned since you asked if there was anything else you might have to do - was just to try and prepare you for what comments you might receive, not what you'd have to fix! (I just remember how helpful I found @gmrhodes13's comments on my pre-approval, he's not a D.O. but still made good points) Again, based off of my own journey so I'm just trying to be helpful! :salute:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GunnerD said:

Okie dokie. I don't feel as though the "help" you are trying to provide is as constructive as it is denying. If you're an actual FISD reviewer, then thank you! If you're not, then I feel as though you're trying to set up road blocks for me because my armor was co-built with a GML who has built armor for most of the current star wars movies & shows...

Keep in mind that we all want you to get that Centurion badge under your name, Erik!  The items that have been commented on are based on updates to the CRLs that have evolved over the last 7 years since you submitted for EI.  These additions/changes are based on research of official screen references and material and are suggested by our members.  All updates are added to polls and must be voted on/passed by the membership before being implemented.  

The advice you have received so far is solid and not meant in any way to hinder you from attaining Level 3, but rather to help.  Not all of those who commented are "reviewers" (D.O.s) but some (like Glen) have been here for many years and know what will be expected (I was a D.O. for 6 years before my recent promotion).  

As I mentioned in my last post the D.O.s are permitted a certain amount of leeway when it comes to approvals.  While some items listed in a review may not be specifically mentioned in the CRLs, if an item is seen on the majority of a particular costume in the films or in official references it may be required  for approval.  They will never ask you to do/change something without having solid evidence or has not been required in past approvals.

While EI is generally considered to be fairly to reach, being our top tier of approval Centurion is a whole different ballgame and therefore more attention to detail is needed.  Some items are easy and fast, some are not.  (For my first L3 approval (with AM armor) I had to replace the chest, back and kidney (ugh) among other things).

Again, we are here to help with any issues.  I truly hope you will take these suggestions as they were intended, which is to get you up to speed and get that badge under your name!  You can do this!! :salute:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GunnerD said:

Okie dokie. I don't feel as though the "help" you are trying to provide is as constructive as it is denying. If you're an actual FISD reviewer, then thank you! If you're not, then I feel as though you're trying to set up road blocks for me because my armor was co-built with a GML who has built armor for most of the current star wars movies & shows...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Don't let it get you down.  I'm stuck even for EIB right now with changes I cannot do myself.  I know the feeling of the wind being taken out of your sails.  Looks like the suggests here are totally doable though so you should have no problems.

Bart

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BAZINGA said:

Don't let it get you down.  I'm stuck even for EIB right now with changes I cannot do myself.  I know the feeling of the wind being taken out of your sails.  Looks like the suggests here are totally doable though so you should have no problems.

Bart

Thanks!

13 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Keep in mind that we all want you to get that Centurion badge under your name, Erik!  The items that have been commented on are based on updates to the CRLs that have evolved over the last 7 years since you submitted for EI.  These additions/changes are based on research of official screen references and material and are suggested by our members.  All updates are added to polls and must be voted on/passed by the membership before being implemented.  

The advice you have received so far is solid and not meant in any way to hinder you from attaining Level 3, but rather to help.  Not all of those who commented are "reviewers" (D.O.s) but some (like Glen) have been here for many years and know what will be expected (I was a D.O. for 6 years before my recent promotion).  

As I mentioned in my last post the D.O.s are permitted a certain amount of leeway when it comes to approvals.  While some items listed in a review may not be specifically mentioned in the CRLs, if an item is seen on the majority of a particular costume in the films or in official references it may be required  for approval.  They will never ask you to do/change something without having solid evidence or has not been required in past approvals.

While EI is generally considered to be fairly to reach, being our top tier of approval Centurion is a whole different ballgame and therefore more attention to detail is needed.  Some items are easy and fast, some are not.  (For my first L3 approval (with AM armor) I had to replace the chest, back and kidney (ugh) among other things).

Again, we are here to help with any issues.  I truly hope you will take these suggestions as they were intended, which is to get you up to speed and get that badge under your name!  You can do this!! :salute:

Appreciate you

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nairy said:

Hey @GunnerD, I'm really sorry if you took offense to what I wrote - not my intention at all so please forgive me! Everyone reads text differently, plus the fact that we're setting our beloved kits up to be "judged" isn't exactly easy so I totally understand! I don't know if it helps, but I just want you to know my intentions are purely to help out :rolleyes: Just wanted share with you the things I recently had to do on my Centurion journey, even though I got a new kit from RS (it was up to CRL standrads, but Centurion is a little different ofc)! :) 

As said before, the Deployment Officers tell you what you have to fix so you can take everything I said to the dumpster if you want :laugh1:, that is kind of what I want you to do in a way!
The 3 things I mentioned since you asked if there was anything else you might have to do - was just to try and prepare you for what comments you might receive, not what you'd have to fix! (I just remember how helpful I found @gmrhodes13's comments on my pre-approval, he's not a D.O. but still made good points) Again, based off of my own journey so I'm just trying to be helpful! :salute:

Thank you

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 8:16 PM, GunnerD said:

Looking to submit a centurion next. Besides return edges described anything further needed?

Hi Erick,

Glad to read you're planning to continue the process towards Centurion Level  . 

Due to your EIB application his 7 years old,  and in order to give you the best advice upon the additional requirements to achieve your goal, we would need you to add

a new set of photos so we can review the current armor state, How it fits you and in general how it looks.

You can post the new photos here,  into the Request TK Pre-Approval section  or you could submit your Centurion Application and make the requested fixes in it. 

You can find the required photos HERE .

:salute:

• Like 3