Shipment for TFA Stormtrooper from ANOVOS

They haven't even gone on sale yet which is a huge bummer, but what I'm wondering is when you guys think they'll finally be shipped after they do go on sale. The TK sets haven't even shipped so in my mind, ANOVOS is incredibly behind.

2016? 2017?!

If the latter is the case, I'll have to splurge and pay someone to make it for me -__-

Well, at least they are getting caught up. Finally got my replacement helmet and I hear other 501st are now getting kits. Still, I'm guessing they are focusing just on getting out what they promised, figuring out how to get it easily done in scale, and also to get teh ANH TK's going.

I mean, NO TK's are *not* easy to make, so unless they find a way to create a kit that is as easy to put together as FX armor, the market may be limited.

My theory is, they will open the pre-order next Friday with the release of the movie. Or even Jan 1st so they can have a calendar month of 'tier 1 preorders' and then shipping will be 3 months after tier 1 closes.

I say 3 months because im sure they have been working on this armor for AGES and they will want to capitalize on the release of the new movie hype.

Now. the bigger question is. How much will it cost? I heard it might be $1800 USD for the kit + Completed helmet.

Who knows what the future will bring. There will probably be other makes by that time, or people selling their armor...

That's what I'm hoping. None of the ANH builds I have now are "officially" licensed. So $1800 for the kit and the rumor that a "wear it out of the box" TFA will run you $3000. Wow. At those costs I may stay old school indefinitely.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So $1800 for the kit and the rumor that a "wear it out of the box" TFA will run you $3000.

Wait wait wait. Where did you hear this rumor??? Good lord that's expensive. And ANOVOS will have us waiting another freaking year for it. I'd pay more just to have it next year, but that's pushing it.

Edited by BOOKOF

I was asking some questions about someones Armor and they informed me that it cost them $1800 for the kit. but it was also the Beta kit. I don't know if the Alpha's cost more or less. or if the finished product will be about the same.

I don't have any insider knowledge or anything. :)

I was asking some questions about someones Armor and they informed me that it cost them $1800 for the kit. but it was also the Beta kit. I don't know if the Alpha's cost more or less. or if the finished product will be about the same.

I'm guessing the price will remain the same once they go to mainstream release. Maybe they move to a vacuformed ABS that doesn't need to be painted, but that won't work too well since some seams need to be filled, so it needs to be painted anyways.

Got this e-mail late last night :)

As a valued Tier 1 customer who purchased the STAR WARS™ First Order Stormtrooper Helmet Accessory (Standard Line) during the time period of September 21 to September 30, 2015, we wanted to notify you that our Fulfillment Team is preparing to dispatch your order during the time period of December 16 to December 23.

Here's what will happen:
  • December 16 & December 17: Labels will be GENERATED and, in doing so, shipment notifications will be automatically emailed with the tracking number(s) for the parcel(s). Please be aware that the tracking number link you will be given will only register a "Label Generated" message and will NOT show any tracking, for the parcel will not be provided to the shipment agency until AFTER the label is affixed to the shipper box AND THEN handed over to the courier. 

• December 18: Product inventory will be verified. Following verification of inventory levels, labels will be attached to the aforementioned shipper box the helmets are already pre-packed in and made ready for pickup throughout this time period.

• December 19 & December 20: No pickups are scheduled for these weekend days.

• December 21: Continuation of labelling and commencement of earlier pickups, depending on readiness of product for shipment. 

• December 22 & December 23: Any scheduled final pickups are executed by the shipping agency.
Now why the window between label generation and product pickup? December 18 and December 21 are dedicated inventory verification and labeling days. Thus, December 22 and December 23 (and perhaps days beyond that, after December 26 or so) will be pick-up days, as we have a lot of helmets dispatching that week. (And that's just orders taken up to September 30! Which means that anyone who ordered after Tier 1 will have their order shipped out in January 2016, after the New Year's vacation break!)

So..... I am no shipping expert but shouldn't they check their inventory and have things ready before the labels and notification are even generated?

One would think.....

1. Check inventory, Yep we have 200 helmets.

2. Generate 200 labels with tracking.

3. Ship 200 helmets.

Then again what do I know?

Arrgghhh, at this rate their Classic TK shipment will not make December as they said.

Edited by mikidymac

I heard Alphas paid the same amount.

Edited by DarkTrooper