Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Right then, moving on - the sniper knee plate. These are the back corners that I received which had me concerned earlier. They had to be squared edges so I drew lines to square them up taking off a little as I had to.

531D6748-2B84-40F7-9032-DA2D6A6D6162_zps

597CB5AD-2616-4A1A-BCF7-DE1AD39B667C_zps

After 

EBE5F6FD-289F-44E7-B731-FC31E3F26FB5_zps

54E28E34-F532-406E-8739-83F2815B609E_zps

• Like 2

Well up till 1am trimming last night lol - first forearm guard. I left a small amount of return edge at the wrist to help cover the dimple in behind as I thought it would look funny if exposed.

95E06CAB-56DB-4951-A7F0-25D0D63311FC_zps

CC2A5E35-27EC-4EC0-9E71-EFB63D58B07F_zps

27517700-37AF-4CAF-8F6A-DE9AD816C97B_zps

Again after a quick review of the CRL - there is NO return edge on the forearms so I will have to remove the areas that cover the dimples.

Edited by Pyrates

No removal of the dimple is necessary there is about 1/8" of mold in front of the dimple. I've got one done that I will show in a bit. Need a quick break- good news too - it doesn't look that bad!

• Like 2

I just have one pair of thighs, ammo belts, buttons, biceps, and inner forearms left - then comes the CRL Review/Finishing Touches - then Assembly. Completed my second paste application last night to remove any trace of teeth as I could still see slight indentations. Going to pickup finer grit sand paper and Novus polish today!

• Like 1

600 grit acquired and picking up 2500 grit later - now to find that Harley Davidson shop (can't just go for the polish and not dream a little while I'm there lol)

• Like 1

People ride Harleys and other motorcycles in Canada?! Isn't it snowing 10 months out of the year up there?

Lol - not in Calgary mate we are gifted with Chinooks- our snow is almost gone again. Both my brother and my uncle ride - I have a standing arrangement with the Mrs "No more dangerous stuff anymore".

• Like 1

10 months of the year lmao... Reminds me of a story where 2 people are heading to Canadafrom Michigan. They lose the radio station they're listening too, and change it to a candian station... A news weather caster chimes in with, "Today it's going to be sunny with a high of 20". One person looks to the other, and the driver says, "forget this, we'll be warmer at home."

• Like 1

Hey, I grew up and spent most of my life in the south east and just recently moved to upstate NY. Last winter in my opinion was horrible and this year it's barely snowed. No complains about that. If it snows more than 2 or 3 times in one Winter that's just too much. I never owned a real Winter coat until I moved up here. I just wore a long sleeve shirt + hoodie

• Like 2

Here's what I grabbed today - additionally I picked up a plastic buffing wheel and some white plastic buffing compound and finally got things to where I'm happy. Time to get back to cutting out the rest of the helmet and get it ready for assembly.

D4FE8CF8-FBE1-4B95-88F8-903E3B4B3C3E_zps

Here's the second round of paste

E7E47E8C-33F3-4AB2-A49F-D906761BFA42_zps

75583C62-16F9-4568-BCA8-CD607B858B66_zps

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1