Need Help: Shipping issue on Storm trooper suit

Vlademar

I have my eye on getting a suit of Battle ready storm trooper armor for the release of the new star wars movie on the 18th, But I have a problem, The company does not ship to the united states. They DO however, Ship to canada. 

If anyone has experience with >> http://originalstormtrooper.com/original-armour-31-c.asp<< and can verify I'd like to get some help from someone within the 501st who can recieve the armor in canada and ship it from there to me in the United states. 

Hopefully I can get my armor in time. Please respond.

PS: If there is a better place to get the armor from I am open to suggestions. 

Hi there Brandon!

According to this thread, that is not a reliable source for armor. If you are looking for a great place to start with your own, there is amazing information in the "Getting Started" section (including this thread which is all about trusted makers and armor suppliers). Unfortunately, there is nothing "quick" about getting your own suit. Even if you did manage to get one "ready to wear," you still need to size and trim it so it fits to your form. I'm still rather new at this myself, but I'm sure other members have more to say on the matter.

Hope that helps shed a little light and good luck!  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Welcome, Brandon!  Some great information from Taylor there.. Like he mentioned, the armor you are looking at on that site will definitely not meet 501st standards.  I know a lot of people are getting SW fever, rushing out to purchase kits/pre-built suits, and then finding out that they can only wear them a few times, or maybe only at Halloween.  However, if you purchase one from the carefully selected "vetted" armorers listed here, (chosen for their authenticity, quality, and reputation), you can join the 501st, and use it all year!  (Our Squad alone does over 200 appearances per year).  All those listed are either based here here in the states, or can ship them to you.

Most are sold in kit form, so you would need to put it together yourself, but there are hundreds of tutorials and people here to help you out in any way we can.  The main advantage to the kit is that you know that your armor will be "custom tailored" to you, and fit perfectly.  Many Garrisons/Squads hold "armor parties" to help new folks with getting everything together, but like I said, you are always welcome to ask here.  All the best in your TK journey!

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 1

Hello Brandon. Speaking from some experience and the same enthusiasm, I purchased a full commission from RS prop masters. Some pieces fit and many didn't. I purchased mine back in Aigust and now almost complete with trimming and re-strapping. It's a process but from what I learned, purchase a kit. As cool as it is to get the ready to wear stuff, I had a lot of obstacles. When I torn it apart and started fixing and trimming, it was actually very fun and educational. It's not a fast process and can test your patience, but it is worth it.

• Like 1

That site is real convincing...

The best and Original Stormtrooper armour, handmade by the original prop maker himself, Andrew Ainsworth.

Cast from the original moulds used for A New Hope, our original range is all individually made and is the closest you can get to owning one of the Original Stormtrooper armours used on-screen.

That site is real convincing...

The best and Original Stormtrooper armour, handmade by the original prop maker himself, Andrew Ainsworth.

Cast from the original moulds used for A New Hope, our original range is all individually made and is the closest you can get to owning one of the Original Stormtrooper armours used on-screen.

Convincing yes. But full of lies.

Well that is a relief... At least I found out here instead of in person. But this must be why they do not ship to the US. Thanks, I will try to follow your suggestions. But I doubt I can get anything together in time now x.x

Well that is a relief... At least I found out here instead of in person. But this must be why they do not ship to the US. Thanks, I will try to follow your suggestions. But I doubt I can get anything together in time now x.x

You can ask RS or TM who also do commission builds. The price point is roughly the same,but of much higher quality. I don't know if they can do it in such a short time frame however.