Trooperbay Down? + Tear question

Hey i was did trooperbay down for anyone else i've been trying to look into getting tear decals and rivets for my TK but his site seems to have been down for the greater part of a week for me.

Also the reason might need the decals is i bought a fully finished helmet from the talented prop maker Darth Voorhees. and while i love his work i'm curious if this tear paint is enough since its not filling out the entire area

uNFN8br.jpg

kYpWYRR.jpg

every other helmet i've seen has them more filled out but i dont know if this will bass everything up to centurion.

thanks for any help or advice. :)  

Trooperbay is down for me too.

As to the traps, I'm a complete beginner so you might want to take what I write with a pinch of salt, but I spent a few weeks studying the CRL and many build threads here on FISD to try to get my ATA helmet right.

I agree with you that the traps should be painted out to the recess inner edge, it does look like they haven't been painted correctly. What are the rear traps like? Are the edges on those also not up to the inner recess edge? The left one looks red in your second photo, is that a reflection of something red near it? The left temple looks to be OK in your photo, although it does almost look like it's not quite up to the edge of the recess, but that might just be the angle of the photo.

Also the ear screw heads need to be painted white.

If it's any help, there are links to photos of my ATA helmet build here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31379-my-first-tk-helmet-build/page-2

Dan

Edited by AgeOfStrife

They do look a little small, as they should be painted right to the bottom edges of the tear area.

You can still used the Hand painted style decals for this (Dave M) versions available on Trooperbay once it is back up and running.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trooperbay's Facebook page has this post on Friday 11/20/2015:

"Hey everybody! At trooperbay it's all about the family so I am taking off all week for Thanksgiving! The site will be back on Saturday the 28th and there WILL be a sale on Cyber Monday so stay tuned and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!"

So, it looks like there should be no fears that it is down, but more anticipation for a Cyber Monday Sale!

while i'm probly going to buy the decals anyway i had my sister whos the real artist in the family try to expand the tears.

ONIaw4L.jpg

XWVgVoY.jpg

the black is probly to thick but i still think its a improvement

hopfully trooperbays cyber monday sale will have his dave m's on sale

For the rivets alone, this is where many get ours from.  He has quick turn araound time - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23970-fs-centurion-level-rivet-sets/

Be sure to check out what others have available in the Commissary - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-orders/?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all

For the rivets alone, this is where many get ours from.  He has quick turn araound time - http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23970-fs-centurion-level-rivet-sets/

Echo has posted in this thread that he's out of rivets and taking a break from selling them.

Echo has posted in this thread that he's out of rivets and taking a break from selling them.

Oops!!  You are correct.  I did read that he was taking a break and promply forgot.  Disregard that suggested source!!!

Now we just need to find a hardware store near a FISD member that sell in small quantities.