AP ESB Build WIP

Ok So...

Garter system. very nice fit.

IMG_5143_zpslpebihwm.jpg

IMG_5144_zpsxwwh3yek.jpg

Started on the belt. Very afraid for the snap bit...

IMG_5142_zpsyupza6jh.jpg

IMG_5141_zpsomhze0px.jpg

Right side enclosure with tab system for a glove like fit the 2 sides have literally 0 gap!

IMG_5140_zpsdissrwkh.jpg

IMG_5139_zpsji2qwqgc.jpg

Having a really hard time placing the shoulder main strap snaps and the Chest piece in general. I have 2 snaps in the front of the ab and 2 in the chest should I connect those first and then find the correct fit for the shoulders? Right now I have them only connected to the back...

• Like 4

not the bells Dan, I mean connecting the white elastic shoulder straps from the back to the chest plate. I was standing in most of my armour and undersuit for a good 2 hours last night in around 23 -6 degree (75-80ish Fahrenheit), I now know the heat. lol

All is looking good... Not sure what you're having problems with re shoulders... Placing of shoulder bells? You may need another set of hands and eyes...

• Like 1

not the bells Dan, I mean connecting the white elastic shoulder straps from the back to the chest plate. I was standing in most of my armour and undersuit for a good 2 hours last night in around 23 -6 degree (75-80ish Fahrenheit), I now know the heat. lol

I'm trying to do the same... Need extra set of hands and eyes... Can't see back plate position

• Like 2

Totally man. I actually broke down asked the old lady to help me can't see what I'm doing lol

Get the spouses to take some photos mates!

Geez I wish you guys were closer to Calgary lol

• Like 3

I ended up using painters tape to to hold it all together and get the bells in the right place then measured..  Just did this same process as im required to change out the AP chest, back and shoulders for swat. New parts almost ready  :smiley-sw013:

Edited by TD42115
  • Like 2

I ended up using painters tape to to hold it all together and get the bells in the right place then measured.. Just did this same process as im required to change out the AP chest, back and shoulders for swat. New parts almost ready :smiley-sw013:

Do you have pics somewhere bro?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Managed to get the chest on it's a little tight I already loosened it once butstill kinda tight around the neck might need to extend a bit more. Won't be long now. This weekend is going to be another slow down though. My fiancee's bridal show is Sunday.

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 3

Thanks boys, I'll be back at it this week. I'm really trying to cut down my drinking and I know this will be a nice distraction. Everyone has their own vices I want to better myself, being in a group as supportive and understanding as this has really helped me to strive to live happier and healthier. I hope you guys had a great weekend too Despite the terrible events yesterday. All of my American comrades my heart and thoughts are with you. I wish the world was more like the 501st, we need more brotherhood and love today.

Best Regards friends, you can count on more progress soon!

One last break before the finish line brother - have a stellar weekend!

Aaaaaahhhhh another post. Another post that last one was post #666

• Like 3

couple of things left, arm armour needs to be strapped to fit, need a bit of velrco on the ab and belt as well as the tops of my boots and I think I'm going to cut down the back tops of the shins and back bottoms of the thighs for comfort. Other than that I need to do some work on my E-11, some paint on the ejection port, a reticule and I need to get a spring in there.

• Like 1