AP ESB Build WIP

Lol thanks guys. I did make a bit of progress last night I sanded down my ab and kidney shell, made a bunch of webbing plates for my snaps, cut out my shins and moved my operation to my garage lair. I didn't take any pictures though I was too busy singing loudly and bobbing up and down in my mancave of freedom lol. I also went out and bought some nice heavy duty 3 inch webbing and 3 inch elastic for my strapping system.Ā 

Ā 

I used eva foam in my helmet affixed with industrial velcro but I'm going to have to put more in there I'm still getting a helmet wobble :L

Ā 

probs be doing a bit more tonight. Like all people I wish I won the lottery and didn't have to work my stupid job so I could make this a full time job lol.

• Like 2

Yarp, on the side I had a set of snap pliers, they didn't seem to work so well. The post and block seemed to work better IMO.

Ā 

Side note, I'm thinking of signing up on the Badlands Garrison website...I'm not too far away from Calgary...

• Like 1

I got a bit more work finished last night all of my armour (proper) is trimmed and rough sanded. I have also cut out the TD end caps and sanded down nicely to roughly 19-20mm as I have seen in Billograms, and a few other threads. I'm still hesitant and frankly a little scared to start strapping and installing my plates as well as riveting the ab plate :( . The next step is to cut/sand out my dropboxes, belt, and thigh pack, start installing snaps and fit the leg armour. I left my camera at work so I will need to post more pictures later.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yarp, on the side I had a set of snap pliers, they didn't seem to work so well. The post and block seemed to work better IMO.

Ā 

Side note, I'm thinking of signing up on the Badlands Garrison website...I'm not too far away from Calgary...

Ā 

Ā 

I am closer to the Great Lakes Garrison in Michigan but technically am part of the Canadian (in citizenship and geography), It's a matter of a few minutes to any event in Detroit or surrounding area, as opposed to 3-5 hours to the GTA where the majority of the troopers I correspond with reside :L Ā kind of sucks I already had to miss an armour party because they all live so far, that and money... I ain't made of the stuff.

• Like 1

To answer your question last night I did have some time last night to really trim down the kidney and ab plate return edges what a difference a lot more flex Tony was right! I don't have to assume that he is most of the time all his advice has been top notch!

Ā 

How did you go with the oval issue of your kidney/ab? With less return edge, is there room to trim more off the sides and therefore pull them in more as well?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

That's true. It's getting time off of work that is awful, Is anyone going to the Niagara Falls Comic Con?

Ā 

You always have a free place or 8 to stay here in he GTA though lol

• Like 1

Progress!

Ā 

All remaining parts now trimmed and sanded.

Ā 

IMG_5052_zpshfzcqkjl.jpg

IMG_5053_zpsijaboqlq.jpg

IMG_5054_zpssduqfeg2.jpg

IMG_5055_zpszijpekgo.jpg

IMG_5056_zps3oymd6th.jpg

IMG_5057_zpsapsdoos2.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Another look at my ab buttons

Ā 

IMG_5058_zpsdjcy62xq.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

And of the helmet because 'm proud of the way it came out

IMG_5060_zpsjodlcnnc.jpg

• Like 2

Tonight I'll try fitting the legs I didn't get a chance to yesterday, it's hard to get everything you want to do done in 2 hour spurts. I also have a drafting protractor and I will cut out the 45 degree angle cuts on the belt.

• Like 2

Welp the wife caught me singing loudly drinking beer and cutting thigh cover strips. Happy star wars day y'all

Ā 

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Welp the wife caught me singing loudly drinking beer and cutting thigh cover strips. Happy star wars day y'all

Ā 

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Cheers mate!

• Like 2

Sorry I don't know how to upload photos with tapatalk they never go through...

Ā 

anyway it doesn't look like a lot but I put cover strips on the first thigh, measured and cut my TD to the right dimensions, and cut my belt. I need to make the 45 degree cuts more symmetrical but the protractor is a great tool. I had one too many a beer and cut on the wrong side of the protractor for one side of the belt and figured it was getting too late to go at it again. Better more material than less right?

Ā 

1462420381773_zpsgzbsgkzu.jpg

IMG_5062_zps8h6wgeji.jpg

IMG_5061_zpstwgt4vn5.jpg

• Like 2

You can try using the process I used in the "How to:"

Ā 

How to: Upload and Post Photos using Tapatalk

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/36254-How-to%3A-Upload-and-Post-Photos-using-Tapatalk

You should be able to just use the plus symbol on Tapatalk (when you reply to a post).

Ā 

When you tap it the camera icon and picture icon are at the top right of the keypad - tap the picture icon that looks like mountains and it will display the photo you want to select.

When you tap on the photo it will display your pic in text format and a little image of the photo you selected will appear at the top right of the keyboard then press reply - picture should appear with your new post

Ā 

52cd72a19fd059e2bc917735a493f723.jpg

• Like 2