AP ESB Build WIP

Thanks Dan! Yes we don't want this to turn into a literal Death Trooper Build lol

As to thighs don't trim that ledge off... All is looking well, and doing an awesome job, but I fear for your safety and hope there'll be a live trooper in the armour when done. Be safe!

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice the problem with the oval shape when the kidney and ab plate fit together? it flares past my chest plate and looks silly. check out my other thread I started and let me know if you tried anything to resolve it.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36997-abkidney-plate-reshape-help/#entry489561

well i tried all of the tutorials with snap plates. I think I like the nylon one the best. easy peasy, the abs strips are ok especially when you heat the snap up with a soldering iron and really set it into the plastic. I need to get a set of snap pliers though its loud as hell banging in the basement on the anvil and snap bit tandy gave me. 

I also started lining my helmet with some industrial velcro for my padding. 

All in all the snap experiment took way longer than I hoped and this is all I got finished tonight.

IMG_5049_zpsyeg7xuy0.jpg

IMG_5051_zpslsszdtsg.jpg

• Like 3

for strength probably double snaps Jorge. I have enough of them. but I like the nylon I think if you sand the inside of the armour where you're sticking em, that flexibility and permeability of the fabric will hold better

• Like 1

How did you go with the oval issue of your kidney/ab? With less return edge, is there room to trim more off the sides and therefore pull them in more as well?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I haven't tried anything just yet Kris, but I will be trimming the return edges down to around 8mm or 1/8th inch like Tony (Ukswrath) suggested I'll pot pictures when I get to it brother. I also found that the hammer and anvil snap too I got from Tandy is a real pain so I went out and bought snap pliers. we'll see how it works!

How did you go with the oval issue of your kidney/ab? With less return edge, is there room to trim more off the sides and therefore pull them in more as well?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

But my love for this hobby is a battlefield Dan! BTW I have reached my quota for positive votes for the day lol, yes whitearmor can only let you be so supportive  :laugh1:

It's not a battle wound when making your armour, only after armour is finished and you're in battle lol

• Like 2

Ok so I put some padding in my helmet I probably need more I don't want the helmet to wobble. So basically more on the sides. the top is decent my eyes line up alright with the lenses.

In other news I made a bunch of webbing snap plates... The snap tool doesn't work on line 24 snaps so it was a waste of 10 bucks, the hammer and anvil work way better.. Live and learn I guess.

• Like 1

What snap tool were you using? 

I just used the snap setting set (base, metal punch looking thing and hammer) and it worked great. Well after I found out that using a phillips screwdriver to split the snap post a little bit first.

• Like 2

What snap tool were you using?

I just used the snap setting set (base, metal punch looking thing and hammer) and it worked great. Well after I found out that using a phillips screwdriver to split the snap post a little bit first.

Yeah. I'm using the same type the hammer and anvil type. I saw in another thread that Philips screwdriver trick I'm going to try it as well. So many troopers are getting approved I have literally no time to dedicate. Today I'll try and get a bunch done.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I haven't touch my armor in a couple of days but I'll be heading to the tandy store tomorrow to hopefully pick up the last of the items I need. I'm curious if the pliers will work just as well. Not sure if the anvil method is preferred because of the cost or ease. Anyway, chin up and on a positive note. You've been injury free for a couple of days now! :P LOL

• Like 2

Christ Dave. I have been on in a week or two. Now your thumb?<br><br>

Brattle and I played with a no cut a few weeks ago. The owner of it never tested it before. I think what I said was go big or go home and slashed my hand with enough force that I would have taken off a finger or two.<br><br>

Then I tried with my buck knife. Still no damage lol. Buy one. <br><br>

I know it was enough force because I cut off my finger tip as a kid with a knife doing nearly the same stuff minus the no cut glove lol.

• Like 2

Hahhaa.. yeah.. then I said "Are you sure you pushed hard enough?" and Laughed

Was really neat .. I even tried after I knew it was safe... Laughs

• Like 1