AP ESB Build WIP

Apparently it is screen accurate to trim the excess to fit, If you ever want to Aaron. Tony, Mark and Paul (trooper master) all pointed that out.

If you do shorten it though is it ok to clip off that big rib in the back?  That would be my only concern with shortening it.

• Like 2

Yes from all the resources you can clip off the the big tab in the back but get your second opinions from the DO's and upper levels with pics first

If you do shorten it though is it ok to clip off that big rib in the back?  That would be my only concern with shortening it.

• Like 1

Shoulder straps and ab buttons being glued. no pics at this time because I had to stop abruptly. while being over zealous on my thigh armour I had a bit of a miss again with my razor and almost completely took off the pad of my thumb. All bandaged up now, but this time I almost fainted from all of the blood. Same thumb as last time lol.

Your ab and kidney fitting looks good to me how you've got it. I also found if after you've fitted the strapping, and the kidney flairs out, to glue some scrap ABS tabs to the kidney, so that they tuck behind the ab piece, that should pull the kidney piece in. But what I can see, it's a good fit.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

yeah I blew it... I should have bought those no cut gloves... As for the tabs should be ok the only thing is that its a rather oval fit. I'd like to bend it ever so slightly to get more of a circular fit on the ab an kidneythe 

• Like 2

Is there a purple heart equivalent in the 501st? at the end of this build I hope I can get a FISD kudos for most injured trooper in the line of duty... LMAO

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 2

Is there a purple heart equivalent in the 501st? at the end of this build I hope I can get a FISD kudos for most injured trooper in the line of duty... LMAO

No, but you can be the only scarred trooper and show off your cuts to everyone else who never got them...

The only purple you'll see from the 501st is a bruised ego...

Edited by TK 2759
  • Like 3

No, but you can be the only scarred trooper and show off your cuts to everyone else who never got them...

Just spit my beer everywhere

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing you cuts and bruises but literally not sharing (pics) your cuts and bruises cause I would be passing out myself from it. :P I am so not good with blood. Get some gloves bro or don't...

• Like 3

Now I don't know if I should laugh or feel bad that I'm so bad at armour building :(

• Like 2

In all fairness I've only screwed up 3 pieces of armour, and sliced my left thumb twice. Most of my cuts are fine in ABS plastic. That's got to be low on the screw up scale.

• Like 2

Aaron I found that just giving them a gentle bend by hand made nice curves, These are those flexible straps that Mark was talking about. Also I glued them and my buttons on last night before destroying my thumb, They look pretty good. Little concerned about the symmetry of the straps though, It might be my stupid perfectionism again but they seem just ever so slightly different depending on the angle you're looking at them...

Get those bad boys glued mate - just don't forget to "Hot tub" curves into those bridges (I used a large cappuccino mug to form mine against when they come out of the water)

• Like 1

In all fairness I've only screwed up 3 pieces of armour, and sliced my left thumb twice. Most of my cuts are fine in ABS plastic. That's got to be low on the screw up scale.

No worries, look back, learn, and move on...

• Like 1

Now I don't know if I should laugh or feel bad that I'm so bad at armour building :(

Laugh it off my friend - you're not bad at building armor as you've never done it before.

And for the love of Vader - quit being so hard on yourself and get yourself a glove.

Mike from TrooperBay has cut himself just as much if not more or he wouldn't have admitted it in his videos.

And some of Tony's threads you see his glove too.

• Like 3

Ok. So I managed to make some more progress without cutting off any appendages or shedding more blood...

For my thigh armour, first I followed the AP trim lines nicely but noticed at the back of the outer thighs theres a little tab that sticks out. It's at the back of the thigh so its not for the ammo pack (even though there is a bit of a dimple that looks like it's for a screw or something). Do I cut these off?

IMG_5039_zpslq7pbpzb.jpg

Here you can see my bum thumb too lol.

IMG_5040_zpsjbcuicqk.jpg

Now here's the rest.

IMG_5038_zpsgjer4mmd.jpg

IMG_5037_zpsw9atepyf.jpg

IMG_5035_zpsptc7wncm.jpg

IMG_5034_zpslqsavngp.jpg

And here's what I did on Sunday before I cut my thumb off.

Ab Buttons

IMG_5041_zpsphjytlso.jpg

Shoulder Straps

IMG_5046_zpsjpoolfde.jpg

IMG_5047_zpsitwgabbe.jpg

• Like 2