HOWTO: ukswrath's First Order Heavy Gunner (Flyye) Vest Modification

ukswrath

Well done Tony, the amount of detail and accuracy is incredible!  I'm considering giving the project a try but I'm worried I just don't possess the skills you have to execute it!

Thanks Tom

Ok, so if I trust the pretty hair, your son is Adam Driver. You could have told us that from the beginning!

Vest is looking jolly great. Well done Tony. I love this kind of pionner work.

Sorry for the delay, thanks :salute:

Hey Troopers,

I'm following this thread very close and I am almost ready to dive into my build, I have my Flyye Tactical Combat Chest Rig, ready to start cutting it up, in reference to the 3 white cartridge holders,

I notice that you are making them flat on the front, but in this reference photo they have a raised diamond look, what are your thoughts? My Daughter and I are going to see the Movie Back to back this week for the 9th & 10th time so we are going to look super hard for it.

Thanks,

AL

vzjLgf.jpg

Edited by Blastmaster

Hey Troopers,

I'm following this thread very close and I am almost ready to dive into my build, I have my Flyye Tactical Combat Chest Rig, ready to start cutting it up, in reference to the 3 white cartridge holders,

I notice that you are making them flat on the front, but in this reference photo they have a raised diamond look, what are your thoughts? My Daughter and I are going to see the Movie Back to back this week for the 9th & 10th time so we are going to look super hard for it.

Thanks,

AL

vzjLgf.jpg

Hey Al, with the exception of a couple components on the back side shoulder strapping, nothing is based off the toy as you have shown here. 95% of the vest you see he is what I gather from movie clips, books and magazines. Once the DVD is released I'm sure specifications may change. Looking forward to your build 

Edit: if this is not the toy for some reason you maybe looking at a shadow. 

Hey Al, with the exception of a couple components on the back side shoulder strapping, nothing is based off the toy as you have shown here. 95% of the vest you see he is what I gather from movie clips, books and magazines. Once the DVD is released I'm sure specifications may change. Looking forward to your build 

Edit: if this is not the toy for some reason you maybe looking at a shadow. 

That is no shadow and that is a screen grab from the film, come on that is clearly a Diamond shape, the Toy is flat, the toy is on my shelf. My Daughter even said, "they are going to say it's a shadow".

Well from other screen shots i don't see any diamond shaped boxes and I've personally seen the movie 5 times. I'm not saying your wrong just saying I haven't seen what your suggesting and we probably won't know until, again the movie comes.out. on another note you're more then willing to make it any way you want, it's your vest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well from other screen shots i don't see any diamond shaped boxes and I've personally seen the movie 5 times. I'm not saying your wrong just saying I haven't seen what your suggesting and we probably won't know until, again the movie comes.out. on another note you're more then willing to make it any way you want, it's your vest.

We are going again today to see it, We are making several costumes from the film that every time we go we say, "ok what are we looking for today", and that will be the main item on the table, trust me, I want them to be flat, makes it a bit easier!! We are with you we've been 8 times, and we are going to see it back to back today. I'm sure you guys saw that the preorder came out for the DVD, Release date, at least for mine, is April 5th!! But I'm with you , I want it to be accurate, so if they are flat, mine will be flat, Thanks for a great thread,

AL

Well, fresh out of the film, and the consensus is, Flat...... at least thats what the kids see, and they are very good at seeing this stuff, but I'll wait till I get my DVD, I am about 90% on them being Flat,

So there you go!!!

AL

Well, fresh out of the film, and the consensus is, Flat...... at least thats what the kids see, and they are very good at seeing this stuff, but I'll wait till I get my DVD, I am about 90% on them being Flat,

So there you go!!!

AL

That is good news, I don't have to start another mod thread hahaha :blink: 

Just pre ordered the Disneystore version, can't wait.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to find the UKSwrath's TFA HWT vest sales thread.  Please advise.   :D

Yes, i'm getting more lazy to make my own.     :laugh1:

• Like 1

I can't seem to find the UKSwrath's TFA HWT vest sales thread.  Please advise.   :D

Yes, i'm getting more lazy to make my own.     :laugh1:

I make everyone a deal. The buckle used in my build is from another seller, who's name I will not mention. If someone can get that buckle and make the mold or purchase a VERY close version of it then I'd be happy to produce the vests. lol 

The challenge has been offered. 

• Like 2

I make everyone a deal. The buckle used in my build is from another seller, who's name I will not mention. If someone can get that buckle and make the mold or purchase a VERY close version of it then I'd be happy to produce the vests. lol

The challenge has been offered.

Hmmmm Hey Tony mind, when time permits, shooting me a picture of said buckle?

Tony you continue to amaze with your innovation and helpfulness to others. You are the f'ing man! So epic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha thank you

• Like 1

Tony,<br><br>

I'm just back from enjoying my Norway deployment. I've had communication from the guys that support the Mk 15 helmet and they've given me the name of the manufacturers/distributors of the ratchet body and ratchet strap. I'll contact them on Moday and see what happens. <br><br>

Unfortunately the contract is no longer and the information is dated so fingers crossed!!!!

• Like 1

Tony,<br><br>

I'm just back from enjoying my Norway deployment. I've had communication from the guys that support the Mk 15 helmet and they've given me the name of the manufacturers/distributors of the ratchet body and ratchet strap. I'll contact them on Moday and see what happens. <br><br>

Unfortunately the contract is no longer and the information is dated so fingers crossed!!!!

Thanks Andy let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone wants to give this a go, I have the following parts available right now - PM me for costs:

- 3 vacuformed white plastic boxes

- a couple of Flyye side pouches (not accurate but useful)

- enough matching uncoated black Cordura 1000D fabric for you to create your own accurate pouches and do some of the other required mods.

- the raw vest itself

As an aside, I just checked both airsoft.com and ebay - the black vests are still unavailable.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to give this a go, I have the following parts available right now - PM me for costs:

- 3 vacuformed white plastic boxes

- a couple of Flyye side pouches (not accurate but useful)

- enough matching uncoated black Cordura 1000D fabric for you to create your own accurate pouches and do some of the other required mods.

- the raw vest itself

As an aside, I just checked both airsoft.com and ebay - the black vests are still unavailable.

Very cool, thanks for the add Brian. Do you have any pictures you wan to post?

Here is what the vest looks like with two of the Flyye side pouches mounted. The drop boxes look like, well, drop boxes. The extra fabric (not shown) is just black uncoated 1000D Cordura - which is what the vest itself is made from.

21531938184_89700bd30a_c.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...